• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Messi

iSlZcAbJiOu9W.gif

C'mon guy.

Good day for football. End of tikinaccio.

Never said they were not hand balls. I was talking about a different incident.

Fady K

Thanks FF. You're such a good chap.

But the tie isn't over yet!

The tie is over and you know it Fry.

that's what I meant of course. because of his injury he couldn't perform like he always does

bad choice of words. of course he's not to blame

Ah I see what you mean spidye. Congrats again bro, beautiful stunning football. All the best in the final.

FootballFan

He was fully recovered. That's wht the doctors said today.

Doctors talking shit.

The arsenal doctors also always say "Wilshere will be back in a week, he is 100% fit" and then it takes 2 months for his return. You can clearly see Messi wasn't fit. Which is why he shouldn't play, but of course he probably forced Tito to use him with a text message or some shit.

So Rovers came from behind and actually won

Millwall fans pelted Rovers players with coins, Lee Williamson picked one up winked at the crowd and put it in his sock

Dibbz

Holy shit what the fuck was Barca doing? Jesus Christ why even have Fabregas if you are not going to use him? Messi was the worst player on the pitch and he finished the game. Tito has lost his marbles.

faridmon

Holy shit what the fuck was Barca doing? Jesus Christ why even have Fabregas if you are not going to use him? Messi was the worst player on the pitch and he finished the game. Tito has lost his marbles.

Fabregas is at his best when he plays in the same role as Messi. He scored Hattrck A week ago playing there.

Tito should have played Fabregas and not Messi.

Doctors talking shit.

The arsenal doctors also always say "Wilshere will be back in a week, he is 100% fit" and then it takes 2 months for his return. You can clearly see Messi wasn't fit. Which is why he shouldn't play, but of course he probably forced Tito to use him with a text message or some shit.

Messi has enough power in the club to not play if he wants. But of course his ego was to strong for him. Tito is at fault too.

It was a pathetic display from Tito, Alexis, Xavi, Pique and Messi.

fuenf

I agree with you football fan. I was thinking this is the kind of wake up call the team needs. We also need competent defenders, we need competent attackers (NOT Alexis) and competent defenders. Also...the team REALLY needs to learn how to play with a different strategy when it is not working,

Yeah you guys need a plan B), Barca looked like Bayern under Van Gaal today. No passion, no creativity and lots of players who are afraid of making mistakes. I mean in comparison Bayern totally changed the way they played and like I said before, Bayern is actually excellent at sitting back and focussing on counter-attacks. It's just that no team other than Barca is crazy enough to dare them to play like that.

Suen

Congrats on this victory Bayern-GAF on this, I fucking hate your team but reality says and shows that you are one of the best teams in the world right now and rightly so. You play some great and beautiful football and you deserve these victories for all your hard efforts. If there is any team that deserves to win CL this year then it's you guys. You crushed Barca, you didn't barely beat them but you totally crushed them despite not even possesing the ball as much as them and that says lots. You made them look like shit. I honestly can't see Barca beating you at Camp Nou and all you need to seal your victory is a goal at Camp Nou.

Barca-GAF, your team is fucking shit. You could say you played far from how good you usually play and I'd agree, aside from Bayern keeping a good eye on Messi his mind seemed to be in another world while the rest of the team was laughable. Your defense was utterly shit which most of us, including you guys, were aware of. It's your biggest weak point if anything. But despite the subpar performance from you it would be a lie to deny that Bayern's excellent play wasn't one of the big factors in this game. I'm still hoping you guys will perform some miracle and win the game at Camp Nou but as it looks now your CL run is very much over.

Also I'd lie if I said I didn't enjoy seeing you guys crushed, delicious salty Barca tears all around the world

Also Alba is the biggest fucking cunt ever, someone need to feed his face a foot.

Finally :lol Andres.

FootballFan

Messi has enough power in the club to not play if he wants. But of course his ego was to strong for him. Tito is at fault too.

It was a pathetic display from Tito, Alexis, Xavi, Pique and Messi.

Pique? I thought he was our only good player. Worked hard and cleared many chances away. But he couldn't do it alone.

pls.
you have a vidal. in what world is he not a "bully"
It's about personality. Vidal is boisterous and contests the game with the over-eagerness of a labrador puppy.

Muller comes across hostile and competitive to a fault. When I see him shouting in celebration, I imagine it being in orcish.

Fady K

He does deserve as much blame as the rest of them. He could have said he was not fit and let fabregas play. If he was not fit he should not have played. Tonight it was like playing with 10 men as Messi was unable to do anything. He put us at a disadvantage. Tonight his FUCKING ego got in the way of the team and it backfired. Tito should have grown some balls and sat him down on the bench instead of forcing him into the team for some fear factor. Bayern were/are not scared of messi. They are not Granada or some team like that they are a group of world class players.

Tonight Messi deserves to share the blame. Fuck this special treatment bullshit.

Maybe he wanted to try for the sake of the team like he did against PSG. The guy is passionate about playing and we all know it bro. I don't think it was his ego really. I would not say it was 10 men playing to be fair, more like 7 men. Pique did not do his job 60% of the time. It was too much for Bartra. Alves was screwing a lot up. Heck, alba was doing so much wrong bro...Messi was up front and barely got any service like he usually does. What tito should have done IMO is make a sub waaaaaaay before he actually did - did he turn into Benitez all of a sudden in this match? He left wasters like pedro and especially sanchez when we had both fabregas and villa on the bench.

spidye

barca_bayern_4_0.jpg

true remuntada

It's about personality. Vidal is boisterous and contests the game with the over-eagerness of a labrador puppy.

Muller comes across hostile and competitive to a fault. When I see him shouting in celebration, I imagine it being in orcish.

ok that last sentence made me laugh :lol

Dibbz

Fabregas is at his best when he plays in the same role as Messi. He scored Hattrck A week ago playing there.

Tito should have played Fabregas and not Messi.

That's what I don't get. Yeah everyone will look and go "Oh god they're taking Messi off" but holy fuck they were going backwards with him on. His rep is going to take that much of a hit, everyone could tell he was not fit.

Is Tito really in charge at Barca if he can't make a change that is so clear to everyone? Is someone else pulling the strings?

Doctors talking shit.

Just imagine the pressure on those poor doctors to deem Messi fit to play. Must be immense.

Pique? I thought he was our only good player. Worked hard and cleared many chances away. But he couldn't do it alone.

I think he had a few weak moments. I'm just saying that the team was bad. I was gonna say Bartra but is not fait to the poor guy.

Edit: and for me the best Barça players Alves and Iniesta.

Messi

Congrats on this victory Bayern-GAF on this, I fucking hate your team but reality says and shows that you are one of the best teams in the world right now and rightly so. You play some great and beautiful football and you deserve these victories for all your hard efforts. If there is any team that deserves to win CL this year then it's you guys. You crushed Barca, you didn't barely beat them but you totally crushed them despite not even possesing the ball as much as them and that says lots. You made them look like shit. I honestly can't see Barca beating you at Camp Nou and all you need to seal your victory is a goal at Camp Nou.

Barca-GAF, your team is fucking shit. You could say you played far from how good you usually play and I'd agree, aside from Bayern keeping a good eye on Messi his mind seemed to be in another world while the rest of the team was laughable. Your defense was utterly shit which most of us, including you guys, were aware of. It's your biggest weak point if anything. But despite the subpar performance from you it would be a lie to deny that Bayern's excellent play wasn't one of the big factors in this game. I'm still hoping you guys will perform some miracle and win the game at Camp Nou but as it looks now your CL run is very much over.

Also I'd lie if I said I didn't enjoy seeing you guys crushed, delicious salty Barca tears all around the world

Also Alba is the biggest fucking cunt ever, someone need to feed his face a foot.

Finally :lol Andres.

Yep :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

LOOLL

*dead*

FootballFan

That's what I don't get. Yeah everyone will look and go "Oh god they're taking Messi off" but holy fuck they were going backwards with him on. His rep is going to take that much of a hit, everyone could tell he was not fit.

Is Tito really in charge at Barca if he can't make a change that is so clear to everyone? Is someone else pulling the strings?

Ahem

Honestly, it's a tough situation. With players like Ronaldo and Messi, they have a lot of power due to their importance.

You can't really make them upset(as childish as that sounds), as their happiness would directly affect your team on the pitch due to their importance.

But I agree, just have the balls and say, "sorry brah, get on the bench next to Pinto"

edit
Just realised, La Liga celebrations will be kinda awkward after this. :(

Scum

Barca should be linked with DFs and a young GK in summer and nothing more.

So Rovers came from behind and actually won

Millwall fans pelted Rovers players with coins, Lee Williamson picked one up winked at the crowd and put it in his sock
Fucking Millwall.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I would've played like this:

-------valdes----------
alves--pique--bartra--alba
-----xavi----busquets---
-----Fabregas----Iniesta-
-----------Messi---------
----Villa---------Pedro---

double pivot with xavi/busquets, messi playing like a true 10, and Villa and Pedro up front, with villa playing more centrally and Pedro more out wide and closer to Messi.

the 4-3-3 with messi as a false 9 just doesn't work anymore, took everyone 5 years but they figured it out. time to change tactics.

FootballFan

-------valdes----------
-----xavi----busquets---

double pivot with xavi/busquets, messi playing like a true 10, and Villa and Pedro up front, with villa playing more centrally and Pedro more out wide and closer to Messi.

the 4-3-3 just doesn't work anymore, took everyone 5 years but they figured it out. time to change tactics.

But that is cheating. You have 12 players on. :(

-------valdes----------
-----xavi----busquets---

the 4-3-3 just doesn't work anymore, took everyone 5 years but they figured it out. time to change tactics.

lol, that's 12 fucking players. Fantastic new tactics.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ah right, well switch fabregas out and put Messi in a 10 role.

the demolition is fucking my brain.

-------valdes----------
-----xavi----busquets---
------------villa----------

I'd like that better, we needed to hold on this bayern storm and make it out alive.

Carbonox

Hummels will go to Bayern Munich instead of Barca in the twist of the century. Reus and Lewandowski will follow suit and Barca will have to put up with Mike Williamson.

Scum

-------valdes----------
-----xavi----busquets---

the 4-3-3 with messi as a false 9 just doesn't work anymore, took everyone 5 years but they figured it out. time to change tactics.
12 players?! INJUSTICA!!

FootballFan

But it's Barca

But refs make mistakes, I wouldn't call us cheaters for it. Just like this season.

Boateng hand ball goal, Ibra offside goal, Gomez offside goal, Muller fouling Alba for Robben's goal etc. None of those teams are cheaters. Just shit refereeing as Viva said above.

Meier

My two FUT teams. This is my first year really playing it.. just got to Division 1 and won my first game the other day. Cruised through 5 and 4 initially then got merked in Division 3 and almost went back down to 5 but held on and have had straight promotions from 4, 3 and 2. Still haven't played with my Bundesliga team at all yet.

Getting the TOTW Gundogan was very fortunate. Got 115k or so out of him which helped me buy a number of good players. Bought about 5 packs since at 7,500 and haven't gotten anyone worth a damn. :( RB is a bitch for the Bundesliga team.. it's either Pisczek or Lahm and both are so damn expensive. Lahm especially so.

Top Bottom