• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

b88l8C7.gif

Half-orc, maybe. Or trollish blood. Berserker class. Enjoys a constitution bonus, but takes a significant hit to charisma. Cannot be of lawful alignment.

Don't get me started on the guy on his right.

Pennywise

Eh supposedly Barcelona want him and he wouldn't mind playing for them one day. He's been linked with all the top teams though.

However that's all there is to it IMO, I can't see him leaving as well as Gotze and Lewandowski in the same window.

Besides Dortmund wouldn't let him go.
He got a plain contract without any exceptions :p

Will not happen anytime soon.

fuenf

What surprised me the most was how Barca seemingly gave up after the 3rd goal. It's like they didnt even want to continue playing, one away goal could've changed the entire tie for them.

faridmon

Some more info on the Götze transfer:
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/b...ze-deal-fuer-bayern-werden-30121860.bild.html

Bayern apparently approached Götze in February and told him that they want him but couldnt wait until 2014 and would go for someone else instead. Their list of targets was 1) Götze 2) Neymar 3)Draxler.

Götze signed his contract (until 2017 with a salary between 10 and 12,5m) last week. They had to buy him now because the release clause had to be triggered before the 30th of April.

Whoa, the plot thickens!

Blablurn

That was the best Bayern game I've ever seen! It was crazy. I don't know what was wrong with Messi. But the one scene where Ribery dribbles around him and Messi stumbles will be forever in my head. I'm sure he will come back strong but we never saw such a weak Messi before. Besides that our defense did a great job stopping Barca almost every time. And our offense is on fire in the last weeks. So many great goals and they continued to score today. Those guys are fucking hungry. And they are on a mission. Thank god they have another week to rest a lil. Everyone was sweating like crazy in the end. omg. I don't know what to say. BAYERN GAF ;_; OMFG!!

Messi

That was the best Bayern game I've ever seen! It was crazy. I don't know what was wrong with Messi. But the one scene where Ribery dribbles around him and Messi stumbles will be forever in my head. I'm sure he will come back strong but we never saw such a weak Messi before. Besides that our defense did a great job stopping Barca almost every time. And our offense is on fire in the last weeks. So many great goals and they continued to score today. Those guys are fucking hungry. And they are on a mission. Thank god they have another week to rest a lil. Everyone was sweating like crazy in the end. omg. I don't know what to say. BAYERN GAF ;_; OMFG!!

He was injured

fuenf

yep but everybody needs to stay focussed until they lift this fucking trophy.

Blablurn

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes* I wouldn't believe this actually happened.

*On TV, lol.

I don't know. It was crazy. I was jumping, screaming, everything! Legendary game. One for the history books. It was Barcelona after all. Fuck, what a game.

yep but everybody needs to stay focussed until they lift this fucking trophy.

you can see that this team is on a mission. i cant see them lose focus.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
What surprised me the most was how Barca seemingly gave up after the 3rd goal. It's like they didnt even want to continue playing, one away goal could've changed the entire tie for them.

physically the team was garbage, the league decided in january and we were playing our best 11 on a constant basis and against SHIT teams. that's how bad the planification has been, the depth in the squad is non-existent.

there are a lot of people to blame for this, not just the players. Blame should start with Rossell it was clear we needed a CB at the very least, what does he do? Buy Song.

dude just doesn't want to spend money for some reason, it's maddening. you see bayern spending 40 millions on Javi Martinez now 37 on Goetze, this team wants to win and they spend money.

Nilaul

Pique thought it was a good idea to shave his head because?

zE54Hqf.png

Gotze still plays for Borussia until the end of the season right?

Noirulus

2007 in the Spanish cup vs Getafe.

gotdamnn

FCB__________________Barcelona

81%____Pass Success_____91%

79%____Aerial Success____21%

34%_____Possession______66%

Spaniards can't jump.

Seeing Dante leap 5km over Alves was certainly a sight to behold.

It's okay Fady. We needed that I think.

Scraped past a very average Milan, scraped past a good PSG team but only on goal difference, and have lost to Madrid in like the last 5 clasico's.

Pass to Messi and hope he does something doesn't work every time. Maybe this will force the fools in charge to spend that Neymar money on Thiago Silva and Hummels or something.

IMO Neymar is the type of player (along with defenders) that you guys NEED. He provides that X factor that you can rely on when Messi is not in his game.

Clegg

Barca thought €40m for Javi Martinez was too expensive.

So they bought Alex Song for €20m, realised that he wasn't good enough and then watched Martinez shit all over their vaunted midfield.

fuenf

I
you can see that this team is on a mission. i cant see them lose focus.

I sure hope so. It's just that I think (provided we dont choke at Nou Camp) that both Madrid and Dortmund would pose more of a threat than Barca did today ,as they would both sit back, defend Chelsea style and wait for their chance.

physically the team was garbage, the league decided in january and we were playing our best 11 on a constant basis and against SHIT teams. that's how bad the planification has been, the depth in the squad is non-existent.

there are a lot of people to blame for this, not just the players. Blame should start with Rossell it was clear we needed a CB at the very least, what does he do? Buy Song.

dude just doesn't want to spend money for some reason, it's maddening. you see bayern spending 40 millions on Javi Martinez now 37 on Goetze, this team wants to win and they spend money.

That's true but it's not like Bayern was known for spending these amounts of money. The Javi Martinez transfer was 100% Heynckes. He wanted him, he convinded the board to spend 40m on an relatively unkown Spaniard. After today you have to say that he's worth every cent but back in the summer, there were tons of interested teams but none of them –except Bayern– were willing to pay more than 30m.

Javi's success changed Bayern's philosophy on transfers and buying Götze was pretty much a no brainer for them anyway. They wanted Pep to get his new Messi and Götze was the one German player they just couldnt let slip through their fingers.

Blablurn

I sure hope so. It's just that I think (provided we dont choke at Nou Camp) that both Madrid and Dortmund would pose more of a threat than Barca did today ,as they would both sit back, defend Chelsea style and wait for their chance.

we will score, no matter what! we must win it at some point.

Lightning

Banned
WOW Bayern take a bow. Congrats on that fanstastic demolition of Barcelona.

Honestly though, that was coming. AC Milan gave the first warning at the San Siro, then PSG taking Barca to away goals so the writing was on the wall for Barca. Well done Jupp, you deserve it.

Just wow at how far Bayern have come as a team though. They done over Real last year and now they embarrased Barcelona. Fabregas fault right, Barca fans?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
We need a complete overhaul of our tactics and how we set up the team. the 4-3-3 just doesn't cut it anymore, we get destroyed and exposed by teams with quick players than can transition from defense to attack in a matter of seconds.

barcelona needs to start playing a double pivot and messi in an 'enganche' or 10 role, with a true number 9 upfront, an etoo style of striker.

tito looked clueless, we were getting demolished and he comes up with a sub in the minute 82 or something seriously...

fuenf

We need a complete overhaul of our tactics and how we set up the team. the 4-3-3 just doesn't cut it anymore, we get destroyed and exposed by teams with quick players than can transition from defense to attack in a matter of seconds.

barcelona needs to start playing a double pivot and messi in an 'enganche' or 10 role, with a true number 9 upfront, an etoo style of striker.

tito looked clueless, we were getting demolished and he comes up with a sub in the minute 82 or something seriously...

Get Heynckes. ;)

Tbh I'm not sure whether Barca's decline makes me excited or afraid of the Pep era.

Gambit

I just hope we wont sell any players this summer. As shown today everybody is a valuable asset and I like every single one of our players.

agreed. (Although realistically we will let Tymo go at least). But I like em all. Don't even want to think about the dark days of Lell, Oddo, ...

Top Bottom