• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Messi

WOW Bayern take a bow. Congrats on that fanstastic demolition of Barcelona.

Honestly though, that was coming. AC Milan gave the first warning at the San Siro, then PSG taking Barca to away goals so the writing was on the wall for Barca. Well done Jupp, you deserve it.

Just wow at how far Bayern have come as a team though. They done over Real last year and now they embarrased Barcelona. Fabregas fault right, Barca fans?

This had nothing to do with Cesc. He was sitting on the bench. Even if he was on he would have had little or no impact like he has been doing for the past year. I really wish barca would send him back. Just so you can stop being so angry about the whole thing.

I hope Bayern have been training without the ball because they sure as heck wont be seeing it tonight

jOA9EI0T6mQT9_e.jpg

Nilaul

Assuming Bayern don't bottle it, I can only see Madrid giving them a contest at Wembley, based on the result today.

However you also assume that Madrid will go through against Borussia.

However there is a strong possibility of a German final at Wembley.

arkon

I get what he means. If Barca were to score, like say, in the first five minutes it could lift everybody and really make them believe.

TrueBlue

Why is that? All the BVB - Bayern matches have been incredibly tight.

That said, I don't really believe we'll make it past Real.

This is true, though if you want me to be honest, I made that statement under the assumption that Madrid would go through. I believe they will.

However, if BVB do make it, they probably know Bayern best. Anything can happen.

fuenf

Why is that? All the BVB - Bayern matches have been incredibly tight.

That said, I don't really believe we'll make it past Real.

Dortmund beating Bayern in the final would be the cruelest, most sickening result ever. Especially after today. And I'd say the odds would be 50-50.

Götze will be earning up to 12m at Bayern? That's about as much as Schweini/Lahm earn. Crazy as fuck.

Pep's Bayern could turn out as quite the disaster to be honest.

Carbonox

However you also assume that Madrid will go through against Borussia.

I can also see an all German final happening.

On one hand, the Gotze situation could nerf Dortmund but on the other, the players have probably been aware of his situation for a while now (not as if the other Dortmund players only found out today) and their one final hurrah is to do their very best. Personally I think it's the latter so it would be nice to see them in the final yet I think Real will pull it out of the bag this time around, as opposed to the group stages. Then again, the leak being today of all days could be a bit of a bogie to Dortmund.

Will be very interesting to watch, regardless.

arkon

Like remuntada when Messi scored in 4 minutes? Bayern aren't Milan unfortunately :(

Yeah but it could be something freakish like the Alaba long range deflection vs Juve in the first minute. Nobody expected that at the time.

Obviously that would require a Barca player to shoot from distance though.

FootballFan

nah, barcelona don't have gervinho.

0GTyCIk.jpg

I dream of another remuntada, but honestly we don't deserve to be in the final.

I know you guys hate the word deserve in football but it's true.

Yeah but it could be something freakish like the Alaba long range deflection vs Juve in the first minute. Nobody expected that at the time.

Obviously that would require a Barca player to shoot

fixed.

Blackhead

Redarse
That was the best Bayern game I've ever seen! It was crazy. I don't know what was wrong with Messi. But the one scene where Ribery dribbles around him and Messi stumbles will be forever in my head. I'm sure he will come back strong but we never saw such a weak Messi before. Besides that our defense did a great job stopping Barca almost every time. And our offense is on fire in the last weeks. So many great goals and they continued to score today. Those guys are fucking hungry. And they are on a mission. Thank god they have another week to rest a lil. Everyone was sweating like crazy in the end. omg. I don't know what to say. BAYERN GAF ;_; OMFG!!

Messi was the same way at the San siro when Milan beat them 2-0. Blaming match fitness doesn't completely explain his performance. Fact is Barca have been outplayed this season by Milan, Madridand now Bayern and they kept him quiet even when fit. Barcs 's tactics have been found out and they need a Plan B.

Tito should have tried the 4-4-1-1 he played in the Milan 2nd leg

Pique and Valdes were the only two to play to the standard expected of them. Iniesta and Xavi were rubbish, Alves was okay until he moved the ball on and endlessly passed it straight into a cluster of Bayern players, Messi was a joke, unfit or not. The crowning turd in the water pipe was Alexis though. Absolute nothing player, doesn't contribute a single thing to Barca.

Even if he can run fast, Barca's style combined with his shite movement stops him making use of it.

Even if he can pass, he doesn't have the intelligence to involve himself in the quick passing moves.

Even if he can cross, he's too stupid to lift his head up and pick a target, and that's assuming that there's anyone in the box.

Even if he can dribble, nobody plays open enough against Barca to show it.

Even if he can finish, his anticipation is nowhere near good enough to get the chances.

Even if he can get the chances, he fluffs his lines.

Utter shite, don't understand the hype at all. Seems to be based entirely on one season at Udinese where he was basically tasked with counterattacking and sprinting 50 yards before the opposition had a chance to get back into shape.

Pique and Valdes were the only two to play to the standard expected of them. Iniesta and Xavi were rubbish, Alves was okay until he moved the ball on and endlessly passed it straight into a cluster of Bayern players, Messi was a joke, unfit or not. The crowning turd in the water pipe was Alexis though. Absolute nothing player, doesn't contribute a single thing to Barca.

Even if he can run fast, Barca's style combined with his shite movement stops him making use of it.

Even if he can pass, he doesn't have the intelligence to involve himself in the quick passing moves.

Even if he can cross, he's too stupid to lift his head up and pick a target, and that's assuming that there's anyone in the box.

Even if he can finish, his anticipation is nowhere near good enough to get the chances.

Utter shite, don't understand the hype at all. Seems to be based entirely on one season at Napoli where he was basically tasked with counterattacking and sprinting 50 yards before the opposition had a chance to get back into shape.
lol, he was at Udinese before he joined Barca :p

Timurid

Utter shite, don't understand the hype at all. Seems to be based entirely on one season at Udinese where he was basically tasked with counterattacking and sprinting 50 yards before the opposition had a chance to get back into shape.
:lol that ninja edit

Scum

Alexis should have gone to Man Utd or R. Madrid. He's a good player with his talents wasted on chicken tikka football.

Carbonox

Bayern should just go all out and buy the rest of the required players to make this:

Schwein - Gundogan
Muller - Ozil - Gotze
-------Reus-------

#YOLO

Fuck it, I'll do it on FIFA and have a wank over my controller.

Top Bottom