• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Fergie

Banned
My two FUT teams. This is my first year really playing it.. just got to Division 1 and won my first game the other day. Cruised through 5 and 4 initially then got merked in Division 3 and almost went back down to 5 but held on and have had straight promotions from 4, 3 and 2. Still haven't played with my Bundesliga team at all yet.

Getting the TOTW Gundogan was very fortunate. Got 115k or so out of him which helped me buy a number of good players. Bought about 5 packs since at 7,500 and haven't gotten anyone worth a damn. :( RB is a bitch for the Bundesliga team.. it's either Pisczek or Lahm and both are so damn expensive. Lahm especially so.
Get a Brazilian team. 3-5-2.

Getting Thiago and Neymar is gonna be expensive including Hulk but everyone else is cheap as shit. Dede. Naldo. Dante. Santana.

Germany or Bundlesliga teams are brilliant as well, I have 4-2-3-1 and it's brilliant.

feel

To be fair to Tito, it was fucking Messi. He doesn't need to be match fit to deliver a super influential "best in the world" performance. It didn't work out for them today but it was worth a try. Fabregas would've done shit.

Ingeniero

nFbGwqD.jpg

LOL, so good.
Chiquito Flores is a cunt, almost as cunt as Alba.

#GOBayernnn

The first page of every Quantic Dream thread is a complete write-off. The same tired old jokes and desperate attempts at scathing comments over and over and over again

Bo-Locks

Everyone always hates the best, and Barca are certainly one of the best, but they have slipped in recent years. People hate on all the other big teams and clubs. Then there's local and historical ties that bring out the banter and schadenfreude.

Then there are people like me who genuinely hate the way Barcelona play football. They don't find it exciting or entertaining and they're sick of being told how perfect and superior they are. I would seriously stop watching the sport if every single team tried to pass the opposition to death.

So the sooner teams like Chelsea and Bayern can open the door for the rest of us and beat this fucking footballing new-age religion, the better.

None of the Barca hate is out of the ordinary.

Everyone always hates the best, and Barca are certainly one of the best, but they have slipped in recent years. People hate on all the other big teams and clubs. Then there's local and historical ties that bring out the banter and schadenfreude.

Then there are people like me who genuinely hate the way Barcelona play football. They don't find it exciting or entertaining and they're sick of being told how perfect and superior they are. I would seriously stop watching the sport if every single team tried to pass the opposition to death.

So the sooner teams like Chelsea and Bayern can open the door for the rest of us and beat this fucking footballing new-age religion, the better.

And lets be honest, the likes of Busquets, Alba, Sanchez and Alves are hardly likable.

GorillaJu

Holy crap Barça got pooped on. Bayern is really going to win this year. Their form in the last CL can't even be compared. They're fucking dynamite.

FootballFan

The first page of every Quantic Dream thread is a complete write-off. The same tired old jokes and desperate attempts at scathing comments over and over and over again

You always mention this and I always agree with you. :lol

So many QD, Heavy Rain and David Cage haters. It's hilarious.

Next "favourite movie" thread, you should post this. lol the replies will be good.

Messi

If Barca can't Remuntada again (I can dream can't I?) then I would like Dortmund to go all the way. Then Bayern.

Both of those teams have been fantastic in the CL this season.

Real, I just can't support you even if I really like most of the Madrid-GAF more than Barca-GAF

Bo-Locks said:

This so much.

The collective orgasm of the media whenever Barca plays is so bloody annoying.

Messi

Honestly, I was happier with my experience of Heavy Rain than I've been with a film for a long, long time.

I loved heavy rain. I can't wait for Beyond. I really like Ellen Page, I really wish Olivia would be in a game like that. But ellen page will be more than enough.

Now confirm a PS4 version.

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Barca is a really one dimensional team. Dont get me wrong, they really have raised the bar, influenced how football is played and shown that its possible play such a skilled possession game and thrive. The 2007-2013 barcelona truly is a dynasty team.

However, they have really been in trouble lately, and the lack of depth in their squad is showing. Its all about iniesta, xavi and messi, and when they get shut down, they have absolutely nothing. Milan defeated them 2-0, PSG were no worse than them, and now they get crushed by a superior team in Bayern Munich.

Kenka

Well, I apparently know the results already. Oops. Was it a good game?
To call that a "game" is a bit of stretch. It was rather a demonstration of terror. A fascinating one.

"Götze hatte unglaubliche Angebote."

"Götze had unbelievable offers."

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...ias-sammer-wollten-spaeter-bekannt-geben.html

Too bad we'll never find out what and from where they were, would be quite interesting.
ManC, Chelsea, Real Madrid arnd 40M€ plus 7M€ yearly salary, give or take.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
footygaf will start hating on bayern now when they keep winning everything, at least we are going to get spared some of the hate.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Well, I apparently know the results already. Oops. Was it a good game?
Not really, all the goals were pretty sloppy / offside / blatant fouls. Not an amazing match for the neutrals or Barca fans. Would recommend Man Utd game instead.

Nice historical point to plot the downfall of Barca though.
Yeah, right.

Top Bottom