• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

FootballFan

Barça is not a "most hated" team. Man Utd, Liverpool are the undisputed kings in that category, no question.

Well considering every Man Utd fan(659m of them) and every Madrid fan(probably 500m+ of them) hate Barca, I dunno. It's quite a lot.

Who outside of EPL even hates Man Utd? I don't care for them really. Januzaj is a beast but that's it. And I like Liverpool.

Ten shit Manchester United players with more league winner's medals than Steven Gerrard - a Pulitzer Prize nominated article by talkSPORT magazine.

Luke Chadwick
Darren Ferguson
Tomasz Kuszczak (three time winner)
Ronnie Wallwork
Roy Carroll
Jordi Cruyff
Darron Gibson
David May (two time winner)
Kieran Richardson
and
Michael Owen

United, where strikers come to actually win titles.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Barça is not a "most hated" team. Man Utd, Liverpool are the undisputed kings in that category, no question.

alba-ball-to-face.gif

GorillaJu

People dont "hate" teams in the wider world, generally speaking. But the people that do hate, generally focus their attention at PL teams.

Barça has shiiiiit loads of admirers around the world, too. I stand by my point, that Barça isn't really a widely hated team.

morsel, of course since you follow a premier league team you are more likely to notice the hate against them. Do you think people who don't support a PL team give a flying fuck about United of Liverpool?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Barça has shiiiiit loads of admirers around the world, too. I stand by my point, that Barça isn't really a widely hated team.

no one paid attention to barca even with ronaldinho in the team. only after winning CL vs Arsenal then beating Madrid 6-2, and winning the sixtuple is when people started to notice barca. Soon after the became bandwagon fans. In laymen's terms, barca plastics

GorillaJu

morsel, of course since you follow a premier league team you are more likely to notice the hate against them. Do you think people who don't support a PL team give a flying fuck about United of Liverpool?

PL is the most watched league in the world. Do you think people who don't want La Liga give a shit about Barça? It works both ways, except that the PL has more followers overall.

no one paid attention to barca even with ronaldinho in the team. only after winning CL vs Arsenal then beating Madrid 6-2, and winning the sixtuple is when people started to notice barca. Soon after the became bandwagon fans. In laymen's terms, barca plastics

And your point is... What? Most followers of most clubs have only a passing interest in them and began paying attention because they win a lot. That doesn't diminish the number of them overall.

FootballFan

PL is the most watched league in the world. Do you think people who don't want La Liga give a shit about Barça? It works both ways, except that the PL has more followers overall.

I disagree.

Dutch league fans, Liverpool and Celtic fans are the only groups of fans I've seen where the majority don't hate Barca. With all the diving, all the ref calls, "real" football and all the success/dominance it is only logical.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Real Madrid, La Liga teams, Portuguese teams, Milan, Inter, Ronaldo fanboys etc all the fans from these teams have massive reasons to hate Barca.

Where as outside of the English clubs, there's little if any reason why a Madrid, Milan or Barca fan for example would hate ManUtd right now.

Linius

The last two years it's became harder to support Barça without people calling you bandwagoner or just lots of hate. Except for two or so Barça fans everybody at that Dutch forum I visit hates Barça and fully supports Bayern. Go figure, a thread full of Dutchies rooting for Germans :lol

And in this thread most fans of other teams were also against Barça. Everyone who doesn't support us wants the European reign to end and is done with tiki-taka. I don't really care for what other people say about teams I support quite frankly but Barça sure gets lots of hate. And even maybe bandwagoners will look for a new club now we've been destroyed by Bayern.

MPW

even at 3-0 i would say barca had a decent shot at making the finals

but at 4-0 ... well you never know at nou camp but unlikely

norinrad

I just woke up and still cannot believe it. Hopefully that boring tick tick football is coming to an end. There is absolutely nothing beautiful about it.

Would have love to see Bayern score more, should have been at least 8:0

rodvik

Not really. Only premier league fans care about United and Liverpool. Everybody, worldwide, unites in their Barca hate.

Hmm I dont know. Most Villa fans I talk with only really hate Birmingham City. All other teams are generally regarded as just "not villa" and therefore irrelevant or disliked.

It is very common for Villa fans to cheer on any foreign opponents of EPL teams in the Champions League. Not sure whether this is a brummie , English or a world wide football fan thing though.

That was probably a freekick. But seeing it not being given to Alba of all players, so good. Yeah it's a contact sport, go cry on the ground you little bitch.

flippedb

Banned
Why the fuck is this a thing?

It sure is. I have a friend who's as smart as a peanut, but he goes around saying LG sucks because they don't have a phone with a good screen, saying Sony sucks because the Xperia Z scratches. He loves Samsung and even says "iPhone is for the general public without technological knowledge".

Blablurn

Muller you gimpy looking beautiful fucker

BAAAAYEEEEERRNNN

Müller had like the best interview ever after the game.

"yeah, sometimes when u play smaller teams, I need some time to heat up. But you know, when u play the big team I'm there from the very first second, those games make me horny"

lol

GorillaJu

It sure is. I have a friend who's as smart as a peanut, but he goes around saying LG sucks because they don't have a phone with a good screen, saying Sony sucks because the Xperia Z scratches. He loves Samsung and even says "iPhone is for the general public without technological knowledge".

Hahaha something about this is amazing. I walked into the "Samsung outed for paying Internet community members for PR" discussion and immediately there were fanboys starting a flame war about which phone is better. Fuckin ridiculous :lol

Top Bottom