• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

The Xperia looks so damn sexy I almost want it over the Galaxy which is kind of ugly.

23/4/13 the day bayern's fanbase triplicated.

Supporting Bayern for one leg doesn't mean you become a fan of them. But hey, must be nice getting rid of all the bandwagoners.

Blablurn

that was me yesterday

zXHnbSm_zps4ccabae9.gif

Blablurn

You might wonder how the choreo happened. Normally it's the fanclub's work to take care of those. But lately our groups behave like lil children. As a result they cancelled the choreo for the Barcelona game. That was the moment where the Club itself took care of that. I mean, it wasn't something too fancy but still nice to look at. Maybe you remember the banner in front of the Südkurve? It said "schöne heile Welt" which means something like "harmonious beautiful world". behind that banner you could see a lot of empty places. It's because our fucking ultras boycotted the game for stupid reasons. Instead of supporting the team, they try to make politics. And it's getting annoying.

anyway,

1266067.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I Don't care what anyone says, that's a damn free kick. Fucking Bayern.

It was a foul. And their second was offside.

Just like in the Juve tie. There was a deflection, an offside goal and a nonexistent foul that resulted in a goal.

BUT GUESS WHAT

THEY #DESERVED TO WIN BOTH TIES. Take nothing away from them.

Lightning

Banned
Bayern should be thanking us. We woke them up after beating them 2-0 and now they are taking it out on everyone.

Still, knocked us out though. So Fuck Bayern is obliged here.

Fady K

I wonder where Barca will go from here. It is the opposite of Bayern's direction at the moment - strong enough, a lot of focus, planning on getting even stronger. Barca, weakening, no focus, no plan B, no idea where to go from here.

how come we are the best? we haven't won shit. barca is the best team in the world. even if we deliever our best performance I highly doubt it's enough to beat Messi

Yesterday demonstrated why you are the best team in the world this season Spidye. If Bayern can destroy Real Madrid (whom I believe will be a better test for them than Dortmund IMO) then that just cements it. And with Pep and the likes of Gotze joining next season, things will get better.

I am expecting a minimum of three more years of Bayern domination in Europe.

WELL WELL

That's basically Juve, Fady. Fudge you Fady, I feel like crying now

DEL PIERO

WORLD CUP

TOO MUCH

*dead*

See bro ;)? I will never forget when Del Piero scored the second goal against Germany. Italy was playing such perfect football that game. Utterly beautiful.

Everyone was bumming Italy in 2006, I never thought I'd see a Syrian draped in an Italian flag in my life.

PMed. And yeah I still remember your insane method of sorting games, apparently it made sense to you but if you're not sorting it by format, alphabet or genre then I dunno.

What the hell happened in January 2011? Nothing I can think of.

Bro I just read your message! Wow it has been years akhi! I will respond to your PM today inshAllah. I'm not Syrian btw :p Greek-Palestinian :D

Haha that sure does bring back memories! I still sort out my games in a meticulous manner as I have too many of them and I need to keep it all organized :p That was an odd way of sorting out my titles back then I must say - these days I simply sort them by release date :)

The story of how I became a football fan was when I was trying to spend some more time with my younger brother, he would watch Chelsea very much. Eventually I found myself enjoying (and hating at times) watching club football very much and ever since I started following Chelsea's crazy times as a football club. I was always a Messi fan when it came to national football so I watched him in Barca as well.

How about you bro? You say you were a Liverpool fan back then?

Fuck that.

gaitas4vs0w.gif

gaitas-27rsfa.gif

That was a beautiful, beautiful goal. That build up is one of the best I have EVER seen. Holy shit...

Yeah you guys need a plan B), Barca looked like Bayern under Van Gaal today. No passion, no creativity and lots of players who are afraid of making mistakes. I mean in comparison Bayern totally changed the way they played and like I said before, Bayern is actually excellent at sitting back and focussing on counter-attacks. It's just that no team other than Barca is crazy enough to dare them to play like that.

Plan B - right on the money. I agree with all of your points. As I said above: I wonder where Barca will go from here. It is the opposite of Bayern's direction at the moment - strong enough, a lot of focus, planning on getting even stronger. Barca, weakening, no focus, no plan B, no idea where to go from here.

It's going to be amazing when Gotze scores the winner in the finale against Bayern.

They're both rectangular

This is not true, ugly round thing! But I do agree mostly, but my current mid 2000 phone is fucking falling apart and I want to be able to browse the interwebs on the train without my laptop.

Fady K

We need a complete overhaul of our tactics and how we set up the team. the 4-3-3 just doesn't cut it anymore, we get destroyed and exposed by teams with quick players than can transition from defense to attack in a matter of seconds.

barcelona needs to start playing a double pivot and messi in an 'enganche' or 10 role, with a true number 9 upfront, an etoo style of striker.

tito looked clueless, we were getting demolished and he comes up with a sub in the minute 82 or something seriously...

I agree. We also need to stop being one dimensional when a team defends very well and cause more surprises. It is very rare that Barca have a rare shot on goal - and sometimes it is necessary. Our tough opponents have it far too easy with reading our game plan. Far. too. predictable. Also our defense has been woeful. Not impressed by Alba at all (not happy with his major lack of sportsmanship), and Pique has been way off for the most part. Poor Bartra, the role was far too big for him at this stage.

Pedro is a waster and so is Sanchez. What a massive drop in form for the both of them, especially the latter. Sanchez sucks even against average opponents in the Liga. They got pressured too easily. No creativity, no focus, no passion whatsoever. I wonder what they were expecting?

Also, with all the respect I have for Tito, I was shocked by his management at the game. He did not seem to provide a single spark for the team - no motivation from him, nothing. And the substitution(just one!!!) came when it was FAR too late. This was the biggest game of his season and he, along with the team, failed to show up in a spectacular fashion.

The worst part about this loss is not knowing how the hell Barca will improve. We don't know if Rossell will even bother making the right moves for the right players in the market.

Anyone else getting Deadly Premonition for PS3?

I can't wait for this game! Day one :D I heard so much about it, and about how divisive the opinions are on it. No matter how bad it may be at the start I plan to push on with this game till the end and see it for myself. Love that we are getting such a quirky game like this :)

Nyx

longer versions:

iRDXnQP0f8OeL.gif

ib2gOBw4m7mvH2.gif

lol @ Müller in the first one

Robben played very well, might be even my MotM.
Every corner was dangerous, he was involved in most attacks, defended even, and I was happy for him when he scored.

Marca seems to focus on one particular point:

And nothing about the 2 penalties that should have been given to Bayern for handballs, right?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't know if Barca is the 'most' hated club, but their fans are certainly the worst.

The epitome of pretentiousness.

Fady K

I don't know if Barca is the 'most' hated club, but their fans are certainly the worst.

The epitome of pretentiousness.

I think that's a bit unfair.

If fans like me, football fan, and messi exist I'm sure there a lot of others like us.

I think every club has idiotic fans, especially when their team goes through a huge surge and then experience a horrible loss with a pathetic display by the team.

I don't condone it, but I don't think it is Barca's fans that are the worst. I think this is the nature of football fans unfortunately.

I think "football fans" are the easiest targets to attack. Sometimes it is hyperbole, and other times it is just stereotyping in my opinion.

Fady K

Guys. IGN says Iron Man 3 is amazing. 9.0 review. Niiiice.

FUUUCK I CANT SLEEP IM NERVOUS

Hopefully Agent Gotze will bottle it again

Very curious to see how your team will play Bayern if they make it to the final. Mourinho will have learned a lot from them since the last time he faced them I believe.

Ten shit Manchester United players with more league winner's medals than Steven Gerrard - a Pulitzer Prize nominated article by talkSPORT magazine.

Luke Chadwick
Darren Ferguson
Tomasz Kuszczak (three time winner)
Ronnie Wallwork
Roy Carroll
Jordi Cruyff
Darron Gibson
David May (two time winner)
Kieran Richardson
and
Michael Owen

I know he bates United but at this rate the only way to win one is with us, where do we go from here?

pulga

Banned
Guys. IGN says Iron Man 3 is amazing. 9.0 review. Niiiice.

Very curious to see how your team will play Bayern if they make it to the final. Mourinho will have learned a lot from them since the last time he faced them I believe.

Probably give us possession and fuck us on the counter.

Were fucked either way. Bayern just cant lose another final, can they? They have to win it sometime!

Who is Riola? Sorry if stupid question.

If Dortmund have any sense they will bench Gotze. Clearly his mind will not be on the game and the possibility of him not giving a toss will definitely be there.

Its murky business, he still is their best player, could change the game at any second. Granted, as seen with Messi today, that doesnt mean shit if the player isnt into the game. Klopp has a tough decision ahead of him.

bjaelke

Haha, didn't think of that. Now THAT would be hilarious. "We're saving up our energy for the final".
UEFA have the right to disqualify any team from the tournament if they should choose to forfeit.
If a club refuses to play or is responsible for a match not taking place or not
being played in full, the Control and Disciplinary Body declares the match
forfeited and/or disqualifies the club concerned in combination with the
following fines:

Top Bottom