• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Fady K

Probably give us possession and fuck us on the counter.

Were fucked either way. Bayern just cant lose another final, can they? They have to win it sometime!

Mourinho would have learned better by now I believe.

This is Bayern's golden chance to win, but it is also Madrid's.

True that Bayern have not won one in a little over 10 years, but the same goes for Madrid.

Will be an interesting game if it happens.

Lightning

Banned
Its murky business, he still is their best player, could change the game at any second. Granted, as seen with Messi today, that doesnt mean shit if the player isnt into the game. Klopp has a tough decision ahead of him.
I'd say Reus is the better player personally. It's a hard one, the home crowd will probably give Gotze shit as well which won't help, but yeah it's a 50/50 call but I'd leave him out personally because if he players like he did against Malaga then he won't be that useful anyway.

Nyx

Dat Robben

t2V4ERh.png

He totally deserved a good match at this level and a goal.
Not my fav player or something, but he got too much shit over him in the last years which he does not deserve imo.

Yeah I'm looking at you Blaburn.

Fady K

I'd say Reus is the better player personally. It's a hard one, the home crowd will probably give Gotze shit as well which won't help, but yeah it's a 50/50 call but I'd leave him out personally because if he players like he did against Malaga then he won't be that useful anyway.

Lightning, how do you feel about Arsenal almost knocking out Bayern out of the Champions League? Man, that would have been insane.

This is not true, ugly round thing! But I do agree mostly, but my current mid 2000 phone is fucking falling apart and I want to be able to browse the interwebs on the train without my laptop.
Xperia Z is one hell of a phone, it's a Sexy beast. All the added Sony software make it that much better!

Blablurn

He totally deserved a good match at this level and a goal.
Not my fav player or something, but he got too much shit over him in the last years which he does not deserve imo.

Yeah I'm looking at you Blaburn.

:(

He hasn't delivered like this in a long time. I was surprised too. I hope he can keep up this form for the next weeks.

Lightning

Banned
Lightning, how do you feel about Arsenal almost knocking out Bayern out of the Champions League? Man, that would have been insane.
I was gutted that we went out. We almost done it and we scored in both games against them. Our defending in the first game let us down but to lose out on away goals was really disappointing especially since if Giroud was a better finisher we would have been the ones playing Juventus and the CL could have been much different for everyone.

We came close but that made it hurt more that we went out.

Honestly about Barca though, they've been average for a while now. AC Milan started it, Real Madrid beat Barca 3 times, PSG held Barca in both games and SHOULD have won at the Nou Camp had not been for their shit finishing. So the signs have been there that Barca were heading for issues later this season. Strange though from Tito, Cesc and Villa can win and change games, neither got the chance when the game was salvagable. It's odd.

Kenka

:(

He hasn't delivered like this in a long time. I was surprised too. I hope he can keep up this form for the next weeks.

c7426325.gif

But I was also impressed by his pace, his will and how he orientated the game during the last 50 minutes. He totally overshadowed Ribéry and Schweinsteiger. He is as much the MoM as Müller is. The last time I remember a Robben that much inspired was against Manchester 3 years ago. But no, he won't keep it up unless he fundamentally changed his attitude over the last weekend.

Blablurn

c7426325.gif

But I was also impressed by his pace, his will and how he orientated the game during the last 50 minutes. He totally overshadowed Ribéry and Schweinsteiger. He is as much the MoM as Müller is. The last time I remember a Robben that much inspired was against Manchester 3 years ago. But no, he won't keep it up unless he fundamentally changed his attitude over the last weekend.

To be fair, Schweini and Ribery did a shitton of defense work. Schweini took care of Messi and Ribery ran his line up and down a shitton of times. That was RIBERY goddamnit. Doing more defense work in one game than in his first 3 Bayern years combined lol. Dat passion!

Honestly about Barca though, they've been average for a while now. AC Milan started it, Real Madrid beat Barca 3 times, PSG held Barca in both games and SHOULD have won at the Nou Camp had not been for their shit finishing. So the signs have been there that Barca were heading for issues later this season. Strange though from Tito, Cesc and Villa can win and change games, neither got the chance when the game was salvagable. It's odd.

Barce were just as inadequate last season against us in the CL. 10 men and 2-0 down to draw 2-2, we were clinical with the few chances we got but Barce had absolutely no idea what to do when it was clear plan A wasn't working.
Also didn't Real beat them a few times last season?
AC didn't start anything they just carried on the work.

Nyx

To be fair, Schweini and Ribery did a shitton of defense work. Schweini took care of Messi and Ribery ran his line up and down a shitton of times. That was RIBERY goddamnit. Doing more defense work in one game than in his first 3 Bayern years combined lol. Dat passion!

Robben did a lot of defensive work as well.

Kenka

With such displays, you could as well write off personal awards. How do you choose a Ballon d'Or among all these players who so successfully chime in to produce stellar group performances ? I would say, Team d'Or is more of an award which gives credit where credit is due.

But if I had to choose a Ballon d'Or this year, it would be Schweinsteiger. This guy has always kept improving his game over the years until the point he is the cornerstone of the best team in the world. What an achievement for Schweini.

BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN (but please don't bash Dortmund Bla, they are as much of a ray of light in the BL as us).

dc89

With Manchester United overhauling Manchester City to regain the Premier League title, comprehensive plans have already been drawn up by Txiki Begiristain, the director of football at the Etihad Stadium, to rebuild the club’s first-team squad.

With Begiristain and chief executive Ferran Soriano overseeing a root-and-branch review of all departments of the club, the position of manager Roberto Mancini is also set to be discussed before a decision is made on his future beyond the end of the campaign.

Real’s interest in Agüero and PSG’s apparent position of strength in the race to sign Cavani threaten to throw City’s summer plans into disarray, however.
Both Mancini and Begiristain have identified Uruguay forward Cavani as a prime target this summer, with City prepared to pursue the 26-year-old, despite Napoli inserting a €65 million (£55 million) release clause in his contract at Stadio San Paolo.

While Real Madrid’s interest in Agüero is long-standing and no surprise to senior figures at the Etihad, the Argentine forward’s complicated domestic situation has placed doubt over City’s ability to keep the 24-year-old.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...les-for-Sergio-Aguero-and-Edinson-Cavani.html

Please don't take my Aguero away.

confuziz

Banned
I expect an era of domination for the next three years at least. Who can stop them? Maybe Manchester United, but that's it.

Nicolas-Cage-Trying-to-hold-in-laughter.gif

Honestly, at this point, only Real, PSG and City can top them (if they continue to make good investments that is). Chelsea needs a lot more than a few good players. United need to lose the grandpas and start all over.

Blablurn

With such displays, you could as well write off personal awards. How do you choose a Ballon d'Or among all these players who so successfully chime in to produce stellar group performances ? I would say, Team d'Or is more of an award which gives credit where credit is due.

But if I had to choose a Ballon d'Or this year, it would be Schweinsteiger. This guy has always kept improving his game over the years until the point he is the cornerstone of the best team in the world. What an achievement for Schweini.

BAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRN (but please don't bash Dortmund Bla, they are as much of a ray of light in the BL as us).
Sorry but i'm going to support Madrid tonight!

Fady K

I was gutted that we went out. We almost done it and we scored in both games against them. Our defending in the first game let us down but to lose out on away goals was really disappointing especially since if Giroud was a better finisher we would have been the ones playing Juventus and the CL could have been much different for everyone.

We came close but that made it hurt more that we went out.

I know how you feel bro. You were also one goal away from drawing against AC Milan last season. I respect your team greatly. It does hurt but you can be proud - especially after seeing Juve and especially Barca play this way against Bayern.

Yes, as a Barca fan I am not surprised by how average they are (though the way they played yesterday shocked me big time.) - as you said in one of your previous posts the writing was on the wall.

I was just way too tired to stay up. I closed my eyes once and when they opened again it was 3am.

Oh wow. Yeah there are times when you are dead sleepy and nothing can keep you up. It was not a dream man, congrats :)

Fady.

According to Raphael Honigstein (The Guardian etc) the Götze leak came from someone inside Dortmund.

That is dreadful if true....thanks for the update Blablurn.

Nicolas-Cage-Trying-to-hold-in-laughter.gif

Honestly, at this point, only Real, PSG and City can top them (if they continue to make good investments that is).

Hahaha, I don't blame you for using that gif on me :p I have a ManUtd-fear syndrome, special case here at GAF.

Kenka

Sorry but i'm going to support Madrid tonight!
Think of it that way: if Dortmund wins, we get one step closer to passing England in the UEFA coef charts:

oWh1hJ2.png

If at the end of next season, we perform better than the EPL, we would then be second on the continent ! (impossible to become 1st before some years though...)

Fady.

According to Raphael Honigstein (The Guardian etc) the Götze leak came from someone inside Dortmund.
And that will not help for their preparation... :-'(
Shit.

D_prOdigy

Ten shit Manchester United players with more league winner's medals than Steven Gerrard - a Pulitzer Prize nominated article by talkSPORT magazine.

Luke Chadwick
Darren Ferguson
Tomasz Kuszczak (three time winner)
Ronnie Wallwork
Roy Carroll
Jordi Cruyff
Darron Gibson
David May (two time winner)
Kieran Richardson
and
Michael Owen

Hey, Jordi Cruyff was fucking sound.

Kenka

Man, I bow to you.

I was just way too tired to stay up. I closed my eyes once and when they opened again it was 3am.
Don't stress yourself too much man ! We all have reasons to be fresh during daylight. And you have to gather strength for in seven days !

I'm serious. If you lose Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Giggs, Carrick, Scholes and in 2 years RvP (he will not survive much longer) you can build (buy) a great new team.

We've got many aging players but you still need the experience and build upon it, especially in man utd. I'm still very happy about our performance against Madrid but the worst of us came out in the first game, the lack of a playmaker really put us in a bad position. If we can buy one and with what we're rumoured to be bringing I'm not as worried as you'd lead me to believe.

Our defense held well, sure Evra wasn't all that but he's not as much of a disaster. He just needs to work on his ethics and stop lazing around. Giggsy and Scholesy won't be featured as much next year, that is if Scholesy does even renew his contract. Carrick and Vidic have been up there for me so it's not as bad as it may seem.

F365 said:
As well as the already-confirmed recruitment of Wilfried Zaha, The Mirror reports that Sir Alex Ferguson has a shortlist that features Radamel Falcao, Robert Lewandowski, Leighton Baines, Marco Reus, Kevin Strootman and Victor Wanyama.

Making way will be Nani, Anderson, the retiring Paul Scholes and possibly Wayne Rooney.

I just drooled.

We've got many aging players but you still need the experience and build upon it, especially in man utd. I'm still very happy about our performance against Madrid but the worst of us came out in the first game, the lack of a playmaker really put us in a bad position. If we can buy one and with what we're rumoured to be bringing I'm not as worried as you'd lead me to believe.

Our defense held well, sure Evra wasn't all that but he's not as much of a disaster. He just needs to work on his ethics and stop lazing around. Giggsy and Scholesy won't be featured as much next year, that is if Scholesy does even renew his contract. Carrick and Vidic have been up there for me so it's not as bad as it may seem.

We just need a midfielder bro. Fuck "making do" with what we have. I'm tired of the redcafe idiots thinking we can just plug in players that aren't even midfielders into the cm spot.

We just need a midfielder bro. Fuck "making do" with what we have. I'm tired of the redcafe idiots thinking we can just plug in players that aren't even midfielders into the cm spot.

I wasn't implying we're making do with what we have, to the contrary. I was telling him how much our players have given us this year, the ones he says are not good. You don't win the PL with bad players, only City does that.

A winger would be nice too.

I wasn't implying we're making do with what we have, to the contrary. I was telling him how much our players have given us this year, the ones he says are not good. You don't win the PL with bad players, only City does that.

A winger would be nice too.

I shouldn't have quoted you. I was raging at the redcafe posters.

confuziz

Banned
I'm not sure why clubs aren't more interested in Jeremain Lens. He has got a lot of experience (also on international level), can play as a striker and a winger. Has speed, strength and scores goals (well not that much).

I think he would do well at any mid-table club in a big league.

I mean, look at this goal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLih2SU5cEo

Intelligence.

Kenka

I'm not sure why clubs aren't more interested in Jeremain Lens. He has got a lot of experience (also on international level), can play as a striker and a winger. Has speed, strength and scores goals (well not that much).

I think he would do well at any mid-table club in a big league.

So a target for Wolfsburg/Real Sociedad ?

Top Bottom