• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Blablurn

We could play with Boateng and Van Buyten in the defense. Gustavo and Tymo in the middle and Rafinha for Lahm. But we're still playing Barcelona after all : /

Blablurn

qmbpbE1.png

Hummels on the way to Munich?

probably not

Linius

Just saw the pilot of House of Cards, it was amazing. Kevin Spacey right up his game, Fincher done a great job and the music suits perfectly :D

Nyx

Utrecht's Fans Player of the Year contest is here again.

My vote went to :

69575.jpg

Adam Sarota, one of three Aussies that went to Utrecht in 2010.

First two seasons he hardly played in the 1st team and most people had written him off already. It turned out he had ''performance anxiety'' and found it hard to play in a stadium full of people.

Last summer he went back to Australia to visit his family and with their help he came back strong, had a wonderful pre-season and was a starter from day 1 this season.

Unfortunately he damaged his knee ligaments during a match against Willem II in January meaning he will be back by the end of this year.

Really hope he gets back stronger.

qindarka

Banned
Schweini, Dante, Lahm, Martinez and Gustavo could miss the final due to yellow cards :(

They really should get around to tweaking these rules. It's so easy to get banned for one of the biggest matches of their career just for a few minor bookable offences.

After reflecting a bit, I realised that I do want Bayern to win the CL. These German players really do need to win a big tournament, and it would be such a pity if their current golden generation only ever got to finals and semis.

Linius

Utrecht's Fans Player of the Year contest is here again.

My vote went to :

http://images.fcupdate.net/large/69575.jpg[/img

Adam Sarota, one of three Aussies that went to Utrecht in 2010.

First two seasons he hardly played in the 1st team and most people had written him off already. It turned out he had ''performance anxiety'' and found it hard to play in a stadium full of people.

Last summer he went back to Australia to visit his family and with their help he came back strong, had a wonderful pre-season and was a starter from day 1 this season.

Unfortunately he damaged his knee ligaments during a match against Willem II in January meaning he will be back by the end of this year.

Really hope he gets back stronger.[/QUOTE]

I vote Van der Hoorn for his wonderful goal against AZ.

Fady.

According to Raphael Honigstein (The Guardian etc) the Götze leak came from someone inside Dortmund.

Take aside that this doesn't make any sense for us, from that Honigstein that said Dzeko to BVB is pretty much done? Honigstein is writing quite the shit lately.

The SZ with Freddie Röckenhaus has the best BVB sources and he says that none of the team members knew, so more or less only Watzke/Zorc/Klopp, maybe some scouts and Götze himself of course. Don't think anyone of those had an interest in the leak.

Nyx

I vote Van der Hoorn for his wonderful goal against AZ.

He's my 2nd choice, but due to a great season and being one of the most talented Dutch central defenders. ;)

I want Toornstra as a replacement for Strootman.

Totally different players, and we don't want to sell our best duo to you AGAIN. (as I'm fairly sure PSV will buy Mike van der Hoorn this summer..)

Pennywise

Take aside that this doesn't make any sense for us, from that Honigstein that said Dzeko to BVB is pretty much done? Honigstein is writing quite the shit lately.

The SZ with Freddie Röckenhaus has the best BVB sources and he says that none of the team members knew, so more or less only Watzke/Zorc/Klopp, maybe some scouts and Götze himself of course. Don't think anyone of those had an interest in the leak.

Besides the WDR also reported the sources are within the Bayern PR.
There were alot of people from the press, who already knew about the whole transfer like Arnd Zeigler and Jan-Aage Fjörtoft long before it was made official.

confuziz

Banned
Totally different players, and we don't want to sell our best duo to you AGAIN. (as I'm fairly sure PSV will buy Mike van der Hoorn this summer..)

I know they are totally different, but that won't be a problem. Toornstra seems like a player that fights for the team, no matter in what role. It'll work out =P

Linius

Just buy some more Utecht stars PSV, so they can shine against the little clubs. Just spend that money and win nothing.

confuziz

Banned
Just buy some more Utecht stars PSV, so they can shine against the little clubs. Just spend that money and win nothing.

I wouldn't really say Strootman and Mertens failed...right? =P Pieters is an other case..

Buy proper defenders for next season = profit.

Nyx

I know they are totally different, but that won't be a problem. Toornstra seems like a player that fights for the team, no matter in what role. It'll work out =P

It would be hilarious though just like Strootman.

We buy them for peanuts, you buy them from us for 10 times as much.
Meaning Toornstra will cost you 10 million, HA!

I wouldn't really say Strootman and Mertens failed...right? =P Pieters is an other case..

Buy proper defenders for next season = profit.

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Feyenoord and Ajax will rule PSV in the Eredivise for the next decade, because of their focus on youth development.

Nyx

We all know they are stupid as hell. This is not rocket science.

Dat Marcel Brands.

I think Toornstra will be with Utrecht for at least another season though.

BUY! BUY! BUY!

Feyenoord and Ajax will rule PSV in the Eredivise for the next decade, because of their focus on youth development.

With Utrecht as the dog that takes the bone while Ajax and Feyenoord fight for it.
(in my dreams mostly)

Linius

I still find it funny how we didn't get Narsingh and now he does pretty much nothing at PSV. I'm glad we lost that battle.

Now I hope for Ajax to invest wise this summer and in case of Eriksen leaving at least get Maher for that money. We don't have a youth player to fill in that position at the moment and Maher is still young enough to form.

Nicolas-Cage-Trying-to-hold-in-laughter.gif

Honestly, at this point, only Real, PSG and City can top them (if they continue to make good investments that is). Chelsea needs a lot more than a few good players. United need to lose the grandpas and start all over.

Most consistently bad poster confirmed?
Even lunchbox comes out with more sense.

Nyx

I also have high hopes for another Utrecht youngster, best under-19 youth player this season according to the KNVB rankings.

You heard his name here first, Nasir El Aissati. (no relation to the other Aissati)

fnIvJ-20101007_nassir-el-aissati_b1_.jpg

I still find it funny how we didn't get Narsingh and now he does pretty much nothing at PSV. I'm glad we lost that battle.

Now I hope for Ajax to invest wise this summer and in case of Eriksen leaving at least get Maher for that money. We don't have a youth player to fill in that position at the moment and Maher is still young enough to form.

To be fair, Narsingh his lack off succes is because of injury, that's just bad luck for PSV.

So what are the lottery numbers for next week? It's all speculation.

11-48-91-57-22

Worldwide Trends
· Change

#ThingsISayInSchoolTheMost
#NameAnAmazingBand
#dizivefilmisimleriniSUCUKladeğiştir
#KADIKÖYateşindeSendeYanacaksınBENFİCA
#GüzellikDediğin
Enrico Letta
Bangladesh
Sachin Tendulkar
Tony Abbott
François Hollande

lol: You'll also burn in the Kadiköy fire Benfica!

derExperte

:(

He hasn't delivered like this in a long time. I was surprised too. I hope he can keep up this form for the next weeks.

I wasn't suprised, he's been great for months and working very hard. Don't understand why some didn't see that and kept on laughing at him. Even in games where not much worked for him he did good overall.

Oh and same goes for Heynckes. I'm too lazy to dig them up but a few comments from BayernGAF here regarding him were just stupid tbh. He made this team what they are.

Transfers mit Methode - Wie Bayern die Konkurrenz schwächt (Methodical transfers - how bayern is weakening the competitors). In case it wasn't clear to some. Whenever a team is gaining traction they sign the team's best players even if they don't need them (oftentimes ruining talents in the process).

80s: Gladbach, Nürnberg (local rival), Köln.
90s: Karlsruhe, Kaiserslautern, Bremen, Stuttgart, Schalke
00s: again Bremen, Stuttgart, Schalke and also Leverkusen

Cancerous motherfuckers and certified thieves..

Linius

Wow. This is just terrible.

Did you think highly of him in the matches he played? I've watchted him a bit before he got injured to see what we've missed but I didn't feel like he stand out. But hey, maybe he'll be back next season to prove his worth of five million well spend.

confuziz

Banned
Did you think highly of him in the matches he played? I've watchted him a bit before he got injured to see what we've missed but I didn't feel like he stand out. But hey, maybe he'll be back next season to prove his worth of five million well spend.

Yes, I do. He got to his very best right before his injury (also in the national team). I'm not saying he would have made us champions, but there would have been a huge difference in available options.

Linius

Yes, I do. He got to his very best right before his injury (also in the national team). I'm not saying he would have made us champions, but there would have been a huge difference in available options.

He's not the kind of player that can turn a game. And you guys scored a shitload of goals without him. Like you said, focus on your defense.

Btw, do you think 100 goals will happen? Seven more to in three games.

You know what's really ironic btw, that Twente conceded less goals than anyone else but still can't score goals for shit. Just like the year they were league winners, scored so little goals.

confuziz

Banned
He's not the kind of player that can turn a game. And you guys scored a shitload of goals without him. Like you said, focus on your defense.

Btw, do you think 100 goals will happen? Seven more to in three games.

I know, but even more shitload of goals would have won us more games lol. I think the 100 will happen, but it's not enough to give us the 2nd place. We aren't going to win at Twente.

Wilbur

Banned
That Eurosport article is bang on:

Then they started to believe their own hype. Such were the plaudits that they became convinced of their superiority - not just in scoring goals but also on a moral level.
On the rare occasions they failed to win, they would take it very badly. A senior player (often Xavi) would blame the opposition for parking the bus or tackling too hard.

When Barcelona took on Jose Mourinho's Inter in the 2010 semi-finals, they genuinely saw it as a battle of good versus evil. Which made Sergio Busquets's diving antics, immortalised in gif form, all the more risible.

More than anything, it is that moral dimension that makes Barcelona's failures so satisfying.
Football has its bogeymen. Serial trophy-hoarders disliked by everyone but their own fans - Manchester United, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich. This is what winners should look like.

Real Madrid don't care what you think. Barcelona want you to like them.
Real Madrid want to be the best. Barcelona want to be the best, and play the nicest football, and for everyone to give them a round of applause for it.

They are to football what Roger Federer is to tennis. He and his fans are so convinced he has the most beautiful game, they consider it an affront to the sport when Novak Djokovic grinds him down in five sets.

Of course, there is no morality in sporting aesthetics. Even if you reject the notion that you play the game to win, style is just a matter of taste. Some may like Stoke's long-ball tactics, others prefer tiki-taka. It's all football.

This is the thing that makes me dislike Barca more than any of the diving, the referee influence, the constant winning, the whining to the ref. A lot of that isn't unique to them, but the moral superiority they try and claim for playing football the right way gets on my fucking nerves like almost nothing else in the sport does.

Just watched the game by the way; that Bayern performance was probably the best I've seen since Inter 3 - 1 Barca. Every single player was amazing, but special mention has to go to Muller and Martinez (despite the awful screen Muller made :lol). They closed down every available avenue, they pressed and they got high up the pitch and they showed absolute commitment and bravery to the cause.

I have to agree with you here *TUUUUMTUUUUUUMTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM*

I really like the guy, I hope he's healthy next season and develops so he could be a force for the Dutch squad on the WC. I think he's a better player than Lens is.

Linius

I have to agree with you here *TUUUUMTUUUUUUMTUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM*

I really like the guy, I hope he's healthy next season and develop so he could be a force for the Dutch squad on the WC. I think he's a better player than Lens is.

Lens is supposed to be a striker right? I don't think you can really compare these two, they both have different jobs.

Lens is supposed to be a striker right? I don't think you can really compare these two, they both have different jobs.

Lens plays on the wing for the Dutch squad, there is no way he's touching RVP's position as a striker. If Robben is healthy, he will be a lock for the starting line-up as well.

I think that John, Narsignh and Lens will have to battle for the spot on the other wing.

Linius

Lens plays on the wing for the Dutch squad, there is no way he's touching RVP's position as a striker. If Robben is healthy, he will be a lock for the starting line-up as well.

I think that John, Narsignh and Lens will have to battle for the spot on the other wing.

Oh for the Dutch squad you mean. I don't think Lens will ever make it first choice in the team when everybody's fit. For the right wing Narsingh will prolly be the future I guess. We don't have much to offer on that side at the moment. It's too bad there isn't a way to fit in both RVP and Huntelaar.

That Eurosport article is bang on:

This is the thing that makes me dislike Barca more than any of the diving, the referee influence, the constant winning, the whining to the ref. A lot of that isn't unique to them, but the moral superiority they try and claim for playing football the right way gets on my fucking nerves like almost nothing else in the sport does.

Just watched the game by the way; that Bayern performance was probably the best I've seen since Inter 3 - 1 Barca. Every single player was amazing, but special mention has to go to Muller and Martinez (despite the awful screen Muller made :lol). They closed down every available avenue, they pressed and they got high up the pitch and they showed absolute commitment and bravery to the cause.
Truth.

Xavi and his legacy. Get bent.

deGod

Oh for the Dutch squad you mean. I don't think Lens will ever make it first choice in the team when everybody's fit. For the right wing Narsingh will prolly be the future I guess. We don't have much to offer on that side at the moment. It's too bad there isn't a way to fit in both RVP and Huntelaar.

I think your forgetting Hollands best player at the euros.

Top Bottom