• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Fady K

It is going to be a rough time for a guy like me on footygaf. Both my clubs are almost hated by all the fans here. My teams are the "villain" teams that deserve to get bent.

I wonder if I don't belong here anymore :' (

Fady K

'Arry Redknapp will replace faggie next season and this thread will implode.

Viva will now see that post and be angry with me. I regret typing it, out of character.

I don't like it when fans of such big teams like ManUtd look down on many teams and also wish for nothing but bad things for some big teams like Barca, etc.

Fady K

Maybe I will.

But Arsenal won't be the ones dishing it out.

By the way I could have said it better, it was a rude comment on my part, apologies >_<

But yeah bro - how can we know who will be dishing out to whom and stuff? There was a time when Newcastle almost won the title at some point and Blackburn did, I don't see why Arsenal couldn't and all.

Feorax

Note to self - rather say something good or not say anything at all.

Or, you know, bite a centre half.

Looking forward to the decision later on today. Whilst I completely agree Suarez deserves a ban for at least 4, if not more games, the FA are going to look utterly ridiculous when it shows that in their eyes, it's preferable to just hurl racial abuse at someone.

Viva will now see that post and be angry with me. I regret typing it, out of character.

I don't like it when fans of such big teams like ManUtd look down on many teams and also wish for nothing but bad things for some big teams like Barca, etc.

By the way I could have said it better, it was a rude comment on my part, apologies >_<

But yeah bro - how can we know who will be dishing out to whom and stuff? There was a time when Newcastle almost won the title at some point and Blackburn did, I don't see why Arsenal couldn't and all.
I would never be angry with you.

I'm just playing. Arsenal are a fantastic club.

But I will still enjoy making fun of them. Football is boring when everybody is super friendly.

And Arsenal won't win anything anytime soon cos unlike those teams did back when they were competitive, Arsenal don't show any ambition. Maybe it'll change, guess we'll find out.

Wilbur

Banned

It's football. That's what confuses me about the irritation Bayern and Barca fans have sometimes when it comes to people hating on their clubs.

You should want to be hated. A lot of the hatred for United comes from the fact they're so successful; that their success apparently leads to buying off referees and bullying other managers and comments that we're shit despite the winning. If anything, it should make you even happier that your team is able to invite such feelings in other fans as opposed to just being anonymous entities.

Ludicrous article that puts the sole blame on Bayern and interprets every transfer from a German team as "purposefully weakening the competition". Pretending that Nürnberg was a serious rival in the 80s is hilarious, as are some of their other "theories". No doubt Bayern has deliberately weakened competition - which were usually unable to put the millions they got to use because somethingsomethingBayern - but some of those claims in the article to make the ludicrous theory seem less stupid.

Tinfoil hats on folks.
It's not every transfer from a German team, but transfers from teams that, as I already mentioned, are gaining traction and Nürnberg was a local rival, a rival for local fans back in the day without internet and such, you know? Again, it's in the article - reading comprehension?
You call it "theory" while confirming it yourself ("No doubt Bayern has deliberately weakened competition"), ok then.
Sure they weren't able to use the millions, because, for one, it's not easy to rebuild squads (your pigsty of a team wouldn't know that, of course) and even when they got up again, there's red thieving fucks around the corner poaching their players yet again (and this, again, is mentioned in the article, read moar).

Wilbur

Banned
Manchester United midfielder Shinji Kagawa admits he wishes he could have contributed more to his side's Premier League title winning season.

Kagawa, who arrived at Old Trafford from Borussia Dortmund last summer, started his debut season at United brightly but suffered a knee injury in October which kept him sidelined for two months.

The 24-year-old scored five goals in 18 Premier League outings for the club, including his hat-trick in the 4-0 success over Norwich last month.

The Japan international has earned plaudits in his home country after helping United to a 20th league title but believes he could have offered more to Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

He said: "I was looking to produce even more results. I was injured and I felt things didn't go well easily.

"I had a lot of conflict, frustration and worries. In that sense, I think it has been a profound year.

"Honestly, I haven't contributed as much as I did at Dortmund.

"I was even injured. I still don't quite have that feeling of accomplishment."

Despite feeling he could have offered more on an individual level, Kagawa was pleased to be part of three successive title wins after helping Dortmund to back-to-back championships following his move from J-League club Cerezo Osaka in 2010.

The midfielder is hoping to build on that tally, adding: "I've managed to win three in a row. I think my career is bound to get better and better."

Since the Norwich game his performances have been consistently improving. I've been delighted to see Fergie playing him behind RVP recently, seems to me like he's intending on playing him there. Next year Shinji. I believe.

Fry

mfolsqJ.jpg

It's football. That's what confuses me about the irritation Bayern and Barca fans have sometimes when it comes to people hating on their clubs.

You should want to be hated. A lot of the hatred for United comes from the fact they're so successful; that their success apparently leads to buying off referees and bullying other managers and comments that we're shit despite the winning. If anything, it should make you even happier that your team is able to invite such feelings in other fans as opposed to just being anonymous entities.

Exactly, if people don't hate you or if they have a liking for you, it means that you're essentially irrelevant to them and/or you're not a threat.

True fact. When Man Utd were sponsored by Vodafone my Uncle banned his kids from having Vodafone as their mobile phone network providers.

Fady K

I doubt anyone will be angry with you over such a comment. You've build up quite the reputation around here :)

Thanks a lot bjaelke, appreciate the kind words!

Or, you know, bite a centre half.

That works too, though it would be better with a respectful tone.

I would never be angry with you.

I'm just playing. Arsenal are a fantastic club.

But I will still enjoy making fun of them. Football is boring when everybody is super friendly.

And Arsenal won't win anything anytime soon cos unlike those teams did back when they were competitive, Arsenal don't show any ambition. Maybe it'll change, guess we'll find out.

Thanks Viva. I'm really quite odd as a football fan come to think of it. I just feel like if one would love to be friendly overall, it helps to be nicer even in sports. Even though I can see where you're coming from with the "boring" angle.

Wilbur

Banned

LOL
holy shit

Related: anyone who thinks Wenger is the cause of Arsenal's problems and not the reason they're still anywhere near competitive (i.e. toaster headed cunts like Piers) are ludicrously wrong.

Can't believe they're fighting for third with not one world class player across their whole squad. Maybe Cazorla, but even then it's pretty debatable as to how good he's actually been all season.

qindarka

Banned
Thanks Viva. I'm really quite odd as a football fan come to think of it. I just feel like if one would love to be friendly overall, it helps to be nicer even in sports. Even though I can see where you're coming from with the "boring" angle.

I agree with you for the most part. Football fans really do throw far to much shit at each other, often under the guise for 'banter'. Even here, things occasionally get very heated, feelings are hurt, bad blood is stirred and for pretty much no reason at all.

And it would be lovely if we stopped branding every player who does something even slightly objectionable as 'cunt's. Can understand it in cases like Terry or Suarez but we really do use the term far, far too often. Not like we are a bunch of moral paragons ourselves.

Since the Norwich game his performances have been consistently improving. I've been delighted to see Fergie playing him behind RVP recently, seems to me like he's intending on playing him there. Next year Shinji. I believe.
Just needs to start to assert himself more.

Old man Giggs kept stealing his position against Villa.

Wilbur

Banned
True fact. When Man Utd were sponsored by Vodafone my Uncle banned his kids from having Vodafone as their mobile phone network providers.

Hahaha

Shatner. You're wasted as a Chelsea fan. Come to us, spend all your free time making gifs of Rumbo and I having a chance encounter and falling in love.

I agree with you for the most part. Football fans really do throw far to much shit at each other, often under the guise for 'banter'. Even here, things occasionally get very heated, feelings are hurt, bad blood is stirred and for pretty much no reason at all.

The reason?

Football.

It's a competitive sport.

We have a bunch of decent to good players on their day, a bunch of average players and a bunch of shit players (Chesney and Vermarlen go into this category)

If we sign Jojo, Diame/Maxime (Lyon DM) and a good CB, we should be challenging next season. No excuses.

bjaelke

We have a bunch of decent to good players on their day, a bunch of average players and a bunch of shit players (Chesney and Vermarlen go into this category)

How do you feel about your players having to form a guard of honour for the United players (and RVP) on Sunday?

Wilbur

Banned
Just needs to start to assert himself more.

Old man Giggs kept stealing his position against Villa.

Indeed. Didnt really matter in a game like that, and there were a number of times Kag found himself in a good position and did do something with it (apart from that fucking fluffer), but yeah.

That's the problem I have with Rooney a lot of the time as well; it's great to see that when he's on form mentally he wants to be everywhere on a pitch, but in Europe it leads to an absolute bumfucking of shape when our striker insists on being left winger, central midfielder and right back as well. Never really mattered in the PL because there isn't teams with the nous to take advantage for the most part, but it pisses me off when you have Shinji behind RVP and Rooney's just taking all his space.

Welbeck against Madrid was a lovely show of tactical discipline until the sending off, so maybe Waz learnt something on the bench.

FootballFan

And it would be lovely if we stopped branding every player who does something even slightly objectionable as 'cunt's. Can understand it in cases like Terry or Suarez but we really do use the term far, far too often. Not like we are a bunch of moral paragons ourselves.

True. Some hate is justified and some isn't.

I understand bitter people who haven't built bridges yet like that eurosport journalist who wrote that article. He couldn't wait for this moment, had Barca won 4-0 against Bayern, he wouldn't have written shit. Would be hiding like everyone else was after remuntada.

Wilbur

Banned
Arteta (pen.)

No space in the squad, we'd have to sell Own Goal.

I think there's only Wilshere at Arsenal I would take for United. That's low for a team that's a supposed rival. At Chelsea there's four or five I'd take, the same at City, the same at Spurs. Even Liverpool have two or three I'd have.

But Arsenal are only five points behind billion pound spending City with only one player capable of being world class. Of course City and Chelsea have flopped this season in departments, but Wenger's doing a superb job.

Piers wanted Heynckes last night.

Fady K

Thing is, I *try* to show respect to all clubs and fans (especially towards those that get in my clubs' way like Man Utd or Real Madrid
or Bayern for the next three years at least
because I prefer that my clubs are not hated or loathed. Basically trying to apply the "treat others how you would like to be treated" method.

I get your point though. Makes sense. I'm beginning to realize that if I continue to walk this and continue to decrease my hate for some football clubs I'll end up being one of the most bizarre, if not *the* most bizarre, football fans, here.

If Manchester United weren't hated, we wouldn't be doing our job right.

#FuckManU

Not necessarily man...it depends on who is hating i'd say. Sure, many fans will hate. But at the end of the day, boring as they are, I admire the fans who are objective and show respect. I am overjoyed when my team does well and the opponent's team is very classy in defeat and wishes my team well. After being humiliated by Bayern, something felt liberating about congratulating and wishing the fans here the best for their team.

Sometimes I forget myself and get too biased against a team though. For instance in regards to ManUtd I go back and forth between "they won the league in a year where everyone was dreadful" to "they won the league due to how consistently good they were".

Who would have thought?

Exactly, if people don't hate you or if they have a liking for you, it means that you're essentially irrelevant to them and/or you're not a threat.

That is sensible as well.

No space in the squad, we'd have to sell Own Goal.

I think there's only Wilshere at Arsenal I would take for United. That's low for a team that's a supposed rival. At Chelsea there's four or five I'd take, the same at City, the same at Spurs. Even Liverpool have two or three I'd have.

But Arsenal are only five points behind billion pound spending City with only one player capable of being world class. Of course City and Chelsea have flopped this season in departments, but Wenger's doing a superb job.

Piers wanted Heynckes last night.
I'd take Monreal.

Santi and Wilshere too.

Probably Theo aswell.

And Gervinho so Welbeck can feel better about himself.

LOL
holy shit

Related: anyone who thinks Wenger is the cause of Arsenal's problems and not the reason they're still anywhere near competitive (i.e. toaster headed cunts like Piers) are ludicrously wrong.

Can't believe they're fighting for third with not one world class player across their whole squad. Maybe Cazorla, but even then it's pretty debatable as to how good he's actually been all season.
I agree. Piers Morgan is an idiot, especially when it comes to Footy. So bitter & deluded. The whole vanpurstrings thing is particularly sad.

Wilbur

Banned
I understand bitter people who haven't built bridges yet like that eurosport journalist who wrote that article. He couldn't wait for this moment, had Barca won 4-0 against Bayern, he wouldn't have written shit. Would be hiding like everyone else was after remuntada.

... yes? That goes without saying surely

Also, remuntada against the shittest Milan side in recent memory without their cup tied best striker is hardly the best fucking achievement of all time :lol

qindarka

Banned
I get your point though. Makes sense. I'm beginning to realize that if I continue to walk this and continue to decrease my hate for some football clubs I'll end up being one of the most bizarre, if not *the* most bizarre, football fans, here.

There's nothing wrong with that, 'bizarre' or not.

Top Bottom