• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Wilbur

Banned
I'd take Monreal.

Santi and Wilshere too.

Probably Theo aswell.

And Gervinho so Welbeck can feel better about himself.

Oh that's true, I'd probably take Monreal but not because he's great. But because the alternative is Patrice 'there's a magnet in my knickers and Jonny Evans has the other one' Evra.

Santi, nah. Great talent but should be standing out more in that team and doesn't. He's played amazingly a few times but been anonymous more often than not.

Fuck Walcott. Like a greyhound who runs past the rabbit and starts trying to eat the fucking wall.

Blablurn

I'm starting to actually fear phantastk

hopefully he is not going to snap one day :(

anyway

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpeg

bjaelke

I don't really care anymore tbh, they are the champions and they deserve to be appauled,.

RVP...well, he's a cunt. That is all ;)

I suppose that's a sensible way of looking at it. The media just started to blow it up and for one moment I assumed they were on to something.

FootballFan

... yes? That goes without saying surely

Also, remuntada against the shittest Milan side in recent memory without their cup tied best striker is hardly the best fucking achievement of all time :lol

Actually it was a very impressive achievement.

Our defense is the shittest out of the big european clubs, with a joke keeper. 16 games in a row with no clean sheet. Doesn't change the fact that people still jizz their pants when Ronaldo scores against them.

So why should it matter how shit Milan is/was, remuntada was very impressive.

See us ride out of the dugout
On your color TV screen
Out for all that we can get
If you know what I mean
Bayern to the left of me
And Bayer to the right
Ain't got no class
Ain't got no sass
But don't you start no fight

'Cause I'm BVB
I'm dynamite
BVB
and I'll win the fight
BVB
I'm a power load
BVB
watch me explode

I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
I'm a wanted team
Public enemy number one
Understand
So lock up your players
Lock up your coach
Lock up your stadium
And run for your life
The Klopp is back in town
Don't you mess me 'round

BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi
I'm dynamite (oi, oi)
BVB
Oi
And we'll win the fight,
BVB
We're a power load
BVB
Watch me explode!

Fady K

I agree with you for the most part. Football fans really do throw far to much shit at each other, often under the guise for 'banter'. Even here, things occasionally get very heated, feelings are hurt, bad blood is stirred and for pretty much no reason at all.

And it would be lovely if we stopped branding every player who does something even slightly objectionable as 'cunt's. Can understand it in cases like Terry or Suarez but we really do use the term far, far too often. Not like we are a bunch of moral paragons ourselves.

Exactly bro. I feel a lot of it is "ill natured" - banter or not.

Also, what I don't like about all this is how we criticize others and judge too quickly. Too much negativity, too much criticism. It is like we are a den of haters at times. The thing is the act of hating, in even the smallest sense, can grow to be something bigger. It can cause people to say things they don't mean, to criticize others at every given opportunity, to be biased at times, to not give credit at other times. I don't want to sound like I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but I feel like all this can affect our actual characters in some way or another. Some of us may do all that completely as a joke and nothing more, and that is understandable. But for many others it could detract from our characters.

I speak for myself when I say this as I saw what my hate for clubs like United did to my character at times. It made me more critical of things in my daily life, I would not give much credit to those whom I did not like in real life even when they were doing something good, etc.

I once read something very interesting about how if you want to be the best version of yourself, try to be that person in all aspects of your life. Now football has become a big part of my life and that is why I consider all these things in it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Gary Lineker is one of the best examples of a good football critic these days.

Hahaha

Shatner. You're wasted as a Chelsea fan. Come to us, spend all your free time making gifs of Rumbo and I having a chance encounter and falling in love.

The reason?

Football.

It's a competitive sport.

Stay with us Shatner ;D We need more cool fans like you. ManU already have their Shatner - he's called Wilbury.

True Wilbury, it is competitive, but does it justify all the attitudes many people have in this sport.

True. Some hate is justified and some isn't.

I understand bitter people who haven't built bridges yet like that eurosport journalist who wrote that article. He couldn't wait for this moment, had Barca won 4-0 against Bayern, he wouldn't have written shit. Would be hiding like everyone else was after remuntada.

I agree with you man. And that journalist has been like this even when Barca is good. You can tell he simply doesn't like Barca even if makes some valid claims. I'd like to see him write an article about how the premier league is boring because Man United have won the title almost every single season for the last 7 years. Yet he talks about how Barca winning is boring. Of course this will be an article that every person that dislikes Barca will love or say "spot on" for.

There's nothing wrong with that, 'bizarre' or not.

Thanks Qindarka...

Wes

venison crêpe
What's happening with Heynecks next year? Has he stated whether he'll go to another club or take a sabbatical at all?

spidye

if that twitter from honigstein is true (normally he's a good journalist) that would be fucking huge. who can it be?
a team mate who feels cheated? someone frustated?
that pr statement of dortmund makes sense now.

I suppose that's a sensible way of looking at it. The media just started to blow it up and for one moment I assumed they were on to something.
Only silly fans don't want to do it, and that's understandable but come on, he's never going to come back so why complain!

They should get over it. I got over it the day he signed for Utd really. Just inevitable after the amazing season he had the year before..:

It is going to be a rough time for a guy like me on footygaf. Both my clubs are almost hated by all the fans here. My teams are the "villain" teams that deserve to get bent.

I wonder if I don't belong here anymore :' (

C'mon Fady, banter is a big part of what makes football so great. Don't worry about what people think about your team or you around here. We're all here to have fun!

Bayern are the real villains. Yesterday never happened.

FootballFan

C'mon Fady, banter is a big part of what makes football so great. Don't worry about what people think about your team or you around here. We're all here to have fun!

Bayern are the real villains. Yesterday never happened.

#loveBayern.

Great team and club.

The real villains will always be Inter, sorry adriano <3

Slizz

All sports are competition and a by-product of that is banter and trash talk....

Also in every sport if you're on top, you have the most haters.... Science.

Kenka

See us ride out of the dugout
On your color TV screen
Out for all that we can get
If you know what I mean
Bayern to the left of me
And Bayer to the right
Ain't got no class
Ain't got no sass
But don't you start no fight

'Cause I'm BVB
I'm dynamite
BVB
and I'll win the fight
BVB
I'm a power load
BVB
watch me explode

I'm dirty, mean and mighty unclean
I'm a wanted team
Public enemy number one
Understand
So lock up your players
Lock up your coach
Lock up your stadium
And run for your life
The Klopp is back in town
Don't you mess me 'round

BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi, oi, oi
BVB
Oi
I'm dynamite (oi, oi)
BVB
Oi
And we'll win the fight,
BVB
We're a power load
BVB
Watch me explode!

Awesome ! Can you write some BVB lyrics for this music ? (Don't stop me now - Queen)

Wilbur

Banned
Missing the first half tonight but really excited about it. Think Madrid will have learnt from the first games. Alonso being sat on wont have too much influence, they'll sit back and let Dortmund control possession, Ramos won't be beaten at RB like Essien was.

Ozil's gonna be key I think. Needs to find space behind Bender (or Kehl?) so Hummels pushes up and Ronaldo gets behind him.

bud

martinez, shaqiri, kroos, gustavo, schweinsteiger, gotze. let's say the tymoshchuk leaves. how will guardiola make all of this work?

will he turn it into more of a 4-3-3 with just one defensive midfielder will gotze play as a fake #9?

i just don't see guardiola going with limited footballers like gomez and mandzukic in the central forward position.

bayern has better wingers than he had barcelona, so i don't think it'd be wise to replace them with midfielders.

Top Bottom