• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Meier

Okay, I don't know much about football.

Was Bayern the underdog going into this match?

No, anyone who has followed football/soccer this year would have expected Bayern to win pretty easily at home but at most I would have expected something like 2-1 or 2-0. 4-0 was an absolutely shocking result.

Fry

ioR8cJAaRU9vg.png

Wilbur

Banned
Yay or Nay on Liverpool appealing?

They shouldn't... but they will.

Most have been fine but odd morsel often goes for the lunchbox / doicare award for most blinkered fan

Lunchbox and doicare are trolling tho lol

You can't really look at it like that.

What's your logic, this season is already wrapped up for them so let's not count the 4 games left?

yes

Somebody put them in the OP for the first or second OT of the season.

I think I had QPR finishing 10th lol.

I had them twelfth haha

Salazar

They shouldn't... but they will.

Aye. And it don't stop there.

The English FA have some prestigious friendlies coming up. Would be a big shame if our English players happened to pick up knocks in the run up to those games

England U21 Euros this summer as well. Would be interesting if Henderson (England captain) was prevented from going

Wes

venison crêpe
Wow. 10 games. That's huge. So he'll miss 6 games next season? Maybe 5 of those being league games?

Definitely increases that small chance of him being moved on.

sohois

Wasn't the length of the ban decided by independent regulatory commission and not the FA?

I don't really know the details, but would it surprise anyone if the independent regulatory commision wasn't really independent? This is football we are talking about. And no I don't mean this in some conspiracy theory the fa hates liverpool way, just that every governing body in world football has shown themselves to be utterly corrupt.

Liverpool would be nuts to appeal it.

But yeah it seems like something they'd do :lol

What do they have to lose? This is different from the racism ban. There Liverpool acted foolishly and continuing to defend Suarez could have damaged the brand. In this case Liverpool have been far more careful with pr and are not in danger of damage.

ColR100

I thought the max he'd receive would be 7 games, and I do feel the punishment is very harsh.

However, he's a dirty dog, who should have a muzzle, and this a dog that's bitten someone twice now. He should just be put-down as Barry Glendenning says.

Take a moment to think about the victim here. Going through a period wondering if he'd caught rabies from this rodent, thinking he may only have a couple of days with his family....luckily though it didn't come to that.

Lakitu

st5fu
10 games?

Bored of football.. lost interest a few months ago. This further cements that. Fucking joke. Both the FA and Suarez.

I don't really know the details, but would it surprise anyone if the independent regulatory commision wasn't really independent? This is football we are talking about. And no I don't mean this in some conspiracy theory the fa hates liverpool way, just that every governing body in world football has shown themselves to be utterly corrupt.

What do they have to lose? This is different from the racism ban. There Liverpool acted foolishly and continuing to defend Suarez could have damaged the brand. In this case Liverpool have been far more careful with pr and are not in danger of damage.
They risk it getting extended.

They risk bringing more unwanted attention to the club.

And most of all, they should take the 10 games and tell Suarez, look what you've done you knob.

I thought the max he'd receive would be 7 games, and I do feel the punishment is very harsh.

However, he's a dirty dog, who should have a muzzle, and this a dog that's bitten someone twice now. He should just be put-down as Barry Glendenning says.

Take a moment to think about the victim here. Going through a period wondering if he'd caught rabies from this rodent, thinking he may only have a couple of days with his family....luckily though it didn't come to that.
I always wondered what Lunchbox's alt was.

Wilbur

Banned
My predictions from the start of the season. Some of them are alright. Some of them are fucking awful :lol

Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
----------
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle (wot)
9. QPR (WOT)
10. Aston Villa (wot)
11. Sunderland
12. Stoke
13. Fulham
14. West Ham
15. Swansea
16. Southampton
17. Norwich
----------
18. Wigan
19. West Brom (wot)
20. Reading

Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Inter (wot)
3. Roma
----------
4. Napoli
5. Milan (wot)
6. Udinese
7. Fiorentina
8. Lazio
9. Palermo (WOT)
10. Sampdoria
11. Cagliari
12. Genoa
13. Bologna
14. Parma
15. Catania
16. Siena
17. Chievo
----------
18. Atalanta
19. Torino
20. Pescara

La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Valencia
----------
5. Espanyol
6. Sevilla
7. Osasuna
8. Athletic Bilbao
9. Mallorca
10. Deportivo
11. Malaga
12. Granada
13. Real Betis (wot)
14. Real Sociedad (WOT)
15. Levante
16. Getafe
17. Real Zaragoza
----------
18. Rayo Vallecano (WOT)
19. Valladolid
20. Celta Vigo

Bundesliga

1. Borussia Dortmund
2. Bayern Munich
3. Schalke 04
4. Werder Bremen (WOT)
----------
5. Bayer Leverkusen
6. Hannover 96
7. Borussia Monchengladbach
8. 1899 Hoffenheim (WOT)
9. Hamburger SV
10. FSV Mainz 05
11. VFL Wolfsburg
12. Eintracht Frankfurt
13. FC Nuremberg
14. VFB Stuttgart
15. SC Freiburg
----------
16. FC Augsburg
17. Fortuna Dusseldorf
18. Greuther Furth

The Championship

1. Wolverhampton Wanderers (WOT)
2. Bolton Wanderers
----------
3. Cardiff City
4. Blackburn Rovers (WOT)
5. Leicester City
6. Leeds United (WOT)
----------
7. Hull City
8. Blackpool
9. Birmingham City
10. Sheffield Wednesday
11. Middlesbrough
12. Brighton & Hove Albion
13. Nottingham Forest
14. Derby County
15. Watford (WOT)
16. Charlton Athletic
17. Burnley
18. Crystal Palace (WOT)
19. Barnsley
20. Huddersfield Town
21. Ipswich Town
----------
22. Peterborough United
23. Bristol City
24. Millwall

PSG to win Ligue One, Porto to win Portuguese Liga, Ajax to win Eredivisie

Nyx

10 games?

Bored of football.. lost interest a few months ago. This further cements that. Fucking joke. Both the FA and Suarez.

Bored of football? Join the Dutch League supporters, every season is a blast, you just have to lower your expectations on the quality of play.

My predictions from the start of the season. Some of them are alright. Some of them are fucking awful :lol

Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
----------
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle (wot)
9. QPR (WOT)
10. Aston Villa (wot)
11. Sunderland
12. Stoke
13. Fulham
14. West Ham
15. Swansea
16. Southampton
17. Norwich
----------
18. Wigan
19. West Brom (wot)
20. Reading

Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Inter (wot)
3. Roma
----------
4. Napoli
5. Milan (wot)
6. Udinese
7. Fiorentina
8. Lazio
9. Palermo (WOT)
10. Sampdoria
11. Cagliari
12. Genoa
13. Bologna
14. Parma
15. Catania
16. Siena
17. Chievo
----------
18. Atalanta
19. Torino
20. Pescara

La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Valencia
----------
5. Espanyol
6. Sevilla
7. Osasuna
8. Athletic Bilbao
9. Mallorca
10. Deportivo
11. Malaga
12. Granada
13. Real Betis (wot)
14. Real Sociedad (WOT)
15. Levante
16. Getafe
17. Real Zaragoza
----------
18. Rayo Vallecano (WOT)
19. Valladolid
20. Celta Vigo

Bundesliga

1. Borussia Dortmund
2. Bayern Munich
3. Schalke 04
4. Werder Bremen (WOT)
----------
5. Bayer Leverkusen
6. Hannover 96
8. 1899 Hoffenheim (WOT)
9. Hamburger SV
10. FSV Mainz 05
11. VFL Wolfsburg
12. Eintracht Frankfurt
13. FC Nuremberg
14. VFB Stuttgart
15. SC Freiburg
----------
16. FC Augsburg
17. Fortuna Dusseldorf
18. Greuther Furth

The Championship

2. Bolton Wanderers
----------
3. Cardiff City
5. Leicester City
6. Leeds United (WOT)
----------
7. Hull City
8. Blackpool
9. Birmingham City
10. Sheffield Wednesday
11. Middlesbrough
13. Nottingham Forest
14. Derby County
15. Watford (WOT)
16. Charlton Athletic
17. Burnley
18. Crystal Palace (WOT)
19. Barnsley
20. Huddersfield Town
21. Ipswich Town
----------
22. Peterborough United
23. Bristol City
24. Millwall

Of course you predicted 5 leagues in their entirety.

Fucking Wilbz, man.

Pachimari

It's tonight guys, HALA MADRID!!!

We have played 23 games in Germany in all competitions:
1 win, 6 draws, 16 defeats.

We only won against Bayer Leverkusen back in 2000.

They risk it getting extended.

They risk bringing more unwanted attention to the club.

And most of all, they should take the 10 games and tell Suarez, look what you've done you knob.

Nope. We appeal against the length of the ban, which by comparison with other incidents is unexpected and unjust (even if he deserves it in isolation and with his past)

Not frivolous at all, we've already pretty much said that we expect a ban. Its not like appealing an everyday red card

edit: Another school shooting in America, 5 dead apparently.

RIP

10 games? He only has himself to blame, if he didn't bite Ivanovic we wouldn't be having this.
Hes lucky he didn't want to get police involved, and we won't get those two points back either.

GorillaJu

10 games? He only has himself to blame, if he didn't bite Ivanovic we wouldn't be having this.
Hes lucky he didn't want to get police involved, and we won't get those two points back either.

LOL as if he stole the two points from you with the bite. Come off it already, you drew the game because you didn't play well enough, and you wouldn't have even gotten a second goal if it weren't for Suarez gifting you a penalty.

Wilbur

Banned
LOL as if he stole the two points from you with the bite. Come off it already, you drew the game because you didn't play well enough, and you wouldn't have even gotten a second goal if it weren't for Suarez gifting you a penalty.

Come on, Morsel. How is he gifting them a penalty the same as him scoring a goal when he should have been off and Liverpool down to ten?

You're being a tad too one eyed in my view.

qindarka

Banned

Well, the fact of the matter is that Suarez shouldn't have been on the pitch when he scored the equaliser. How we played is irrelevant, what matters is that Chelsea scored two legitimate goals and Liverpool, one.

I understand that goals change games, we can't always just minus out illegitimate goals to get the correct result. But in this case, with the illegitimate goal being the last play, it's rather straightforward.

He wouldn't have been on the pitch the second goal, he would have been for the penalty.

arkon

Premier League

1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Arsenal
4. Tottenham
----------
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle (wot)
9. QPR (WOT)
10. Aston Villa (wot)
11. Sunderland
12. Stoke
13. Fulham
14. West Ham
15. Swansea
16. Southampton
17. Norwich
----------
18. Wigan
19. West Brom (wot)
20. Reading

Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Inter (wot)
3. Roma
----------
4. Napoli
5. Milan (wot)
6. Udinese
7. Fiorentina
8. Lazio
9. Palermo (WOT)
10. Sampdoria
11. Cagliari
12. Genoa
13. Bologna
14. Parma
15. Catania
16. Siena
17. Chievo
----------
18. Atalanta
19. Torino
20. Pescara

La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico Madrid
4. Valencia
----------
5. Espanyol
6. Sevilla
7. Osasuna
8. Athletic Bilbao
9. Mallorca
10. Deportivo
11. Malaga
12. Granada
13. Real Betis (wot)
14. Real Sociedad (WOT)
15. Levante
16. Getafe
17. Real Zaragoza
----------
18. Rayo Vallecano (WOT)
19. Valladolid
20. Celta Vigo

Bundesliga

1. Borussia Dortmund
2. Bayern Munich
3. Schalke 04
4. Werder Bremen (WOT)
----------
5. Bayer Leverkusen
6. Hannover 96
8. 1899 Hoffenheim (WOT)
9. Hamburger SV
10. FSV Mainz 05
11. VFL Wolfsburg
12. Eintracht Frankfurt
13. FC Nuremberg
14. VFB Stuttgart
15. SC Freiburg
----------
16. FC Augsburg
17. Fortuna Dusseldorf
18. Greuther Furth

The Championship

2. Bolton Wanderers
----------
3. Cardiff City
5. Leicester City
6. Leeds United (WOT)
----------
7. Hull City
8. Blackpool
9. Birmingham City
10. Sheffield Wednesday
11. Middlesbrough
13. Nottingham Forest
14. Derby County
15. Watford (WOT)
16. Charlton Athletic
17. Burnley
18. Crystal Palace (WOT)
19. Barnsley
20. Huddersfield Town
21. Ipswich Town
----------
22. Peterborough United
23. Bristol City
24. Millwall

Wolves lol. Even we beat them! At their place! 3-1!

elseanio

Looking forward to the FA's reasoning behind the 10 games. Surely it will have to mention his previous in Holland to justify it being such a harsh penalty.

Bo-Locks

The Liverpool press office are by far the worst in the league. They just shoot themselves in the foot at every available opportunity. Using language and words like "shocked" and "disappointed by the severity of the decision" is not needed at all. Just don't comment, or if you absolutely must, tone down the language a little bit. Just say you await further information from the FA before commenting further, but in the meantime you will continue to support your player. Even dc could do the job.

Then there was the way they handled the Suarez-Evra incident and that crazy story of one of the marketing exec's stalking and harassing a fan.

And worse yet, they just encourage the loony elements of their fanbase.

Lakitu

st5fu
Bored of football? Join the Dutch League supporters, every season is a blast, you just have to lower your expectations on the quality of play.

Hehe, I may do that. In truth, I'm just fed up of football in general and everything associated with the game. In England anyway. I'm not even passionate anymore... don't even care when we win or lose. Maybe I'll get it back.

arkon

Hehe, I may do that. In truth, I'm just fed up of football in general and everything associated with the game. In England anyway. I'm not even passionate anymore... don't even care when we win or lose. Maybe I'll get it back.

You'll fit right in here!

PowderedToast

The Liverpool press office are by far the worst in the league. They just shoot themselves in the foot at every available opportunity. Using language and words like "shocked" and "disappointed by the severity of the decision" is not needed at all. Just don't comment, or if you absolutely must, tone down the language a little bit. Just say you await further information from the FA before commenting further, but in the meantime you will continue to support your player. Even dc could do the job.

Then there was the way they handled the Suarez-Evra incident and that crazy story of one of the marketing exec's stalking and harassing a fan.

agreed. smh as a liverpool fan

Hixx

The only prediction I made (I think, reading back through that thread) is that I was laughing at so many people having us finishing in the top half.

Feorax

One upside is it may force us to actually spend a decent amount in the summer, since a good start to the league will be vital next year.

A class number 10 to play behind Sturridge should suffice in the short term.

Wilbur

Banned
One upside is it may force us to actually spend a decent amount in the summer, since a good start to the league will be vital next year.

A class number 10 to play behind Sturridge should suffice in the short term.

Coutinho isn't enough? Or Hendo?

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member

And worse yet, they just encourage the loony elements of their fanbase.

They need to stop acting like he is the victim in every incident.

Top Bottom