• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Blackhead

Redarse
iM39P3A0tEJxS.gif

Had two games against madrid and couldn't score once.

Gambit

I dont know :( Lahm, Javi, Schweini, Dante would all take one for the team :(
Especially with all that acting by Barca at Nou Camp.

At least for the final we'd have Mandzukic back (essential against Dortmund). Speaking of which, I wonder if he'll play the return leg.

xintin

Wait a moment? Apparently 6 Bayern players could get suspended for the final?

FUCK ME :(

Does Dortmund have any players who could be suspended?
no BVB player has more than 1 yellow in the knockout stages. they would have to lose their mind in Madrid to be out for the final.

Pennywise

why should I be the only one thats worried? You know how easy Barca players fall at home and all that acting, add the fact that they've got nothing left to lose and we have a fucked up situation :(

Worst Case scenario: Our DM will be Tymo and Can against Dortmund :(

It's not the DM that created the biggest problems for Dortmund.
Dante was essential in both matches :p

pulga

Banned
We really don't. You guys were lucky as shit against ManU imo and even your goal today was given to you. As for Barca we barely scraped past Milan thanks to a magical remuntada and should have been beaten by PSG if they knew how to shoot, but we were saved by Messi again.

I still believe though. #LaLigaRemuntada is on.

Give me strength to BELIEVEEEEEEEEE!!

Fry

why should I be the only one thats worried? You know how easy Barca players fall at home and all that acting, add the fact that they've got nothing left to lose and we have a fucked up situation :(

Worst Case scenario: Our DM will be Tymo and Can against Dortmund :(

Let us worry about that when it's time to worry, who knows what will happen. I don't even think Borussia x Real is finished like most are.

Let's enjoy this for the moment:

ibcAdMPvZL82Kx.gif

iVOnZ1iNMXrZI.gif

iiPxzA1RjgvAt.gif

ibt1EG3IYx9YST.gif

Robso

THREE AMAZING NIGHTS OF FOOTBALL!!!!!

Lewandowski. Rated him highly before, rate him even higher now. Wayne, are you watching?

Hope we get an all German final!

Gundogan again brilliant.

Also hope Fergie was watching. We'd of been done in by both these German sides.

Meier

Really tough. I think Van Persie is top but there are A LOT of players equal to him. Gomez, Falcao, Mandzukic, Lewandowski are comparable to him. No doubt.

What? :lol No one in their right mind would put him at the level of those other guys. Gomez is not at the level of Falcao, Cavani, RVP or Lewa either. Let alone Tevez or Aguero either.

fuenf

That is a little alarmist. They'd need to get another yellow in the next leg.. I have a feeling at least a few of them may be held out to start just in case. 4-0 is a pretty comfortable advantage.

I now but after what happened last year.... there's no way we wouldn't have won with Alaba / Badstuber / Gustavo :(

Nilaul

This gif needs a sound "I wanna be the very best Like no one ever was"

i4u82EINWzESS.gif

I score like that.. well ince at training lol.

I also scored a high backheal from a long pass comming from defense straight into the right upper corner 11v11 (not premiership, but still real life..) . Dam it should had recorded the friendly.

fuenf

Let us worry about that when it's time to worry, who knows what will happen. I don't even think Borussia x Real is finished like most are.

Let's enjoy this for the moment:

ibcAdMPvZL82Kx.gif

iVOnZ1iNMXrZI.gif

iiPxzA1RjgvAt.gif

ibt1EG3IYx9YST.gif

I'm still worried about the second leg against Barca :( If there's any team that could comeback it's them. :(

What? :lol No one in their right mind would put him at the level of those other guys. Gomez is not at the level of Falcao, Cavani, RVP or Lewa either.

Come on. Falcao / Cavani have proved nothing so far. I agree that RVP and Lewa are better, but call me again when Falcao / Cavani have scored 24 CL goals. Gomez would score 40 in Spain.

FootballFan

Haha wat.

Neither of them are more unproven than Lewandowski.

How can one even say that. Cavani has proven his worth all the time, yeah his last 3 months or so have been pretty shit. But he has a track record of hat tricks against Roma, Lazio, Milan, Juventus. Scored in the CL and got Napoli out of the group of death. Has helped take Napoli to CL for another season etc

Falcao, don't even have to say, he managed to actually carry his team and challenge the big 2 in La Liga for more than half the season. At Porto he scored ridiculous amount of goals and won the treble. Scored like 50000 goals in the Europa League.

If they are unproven then Lewandowski is I don't even know what.

Fry

fuenf, you clearly have been damaged by the last two finals Bayern were in.

Be strong buddy, we'll do it this time. BLABLABLABLABUUUUURN!

Suen

Arsene, please hurry - they are taking all the good players.
Won't happen, probably too expensive for Wenger's taste. Meanwhile he'll buy lots of cheap unproven players, expect them to pull it through (which they won't) while paying them ridiculous wages. How I long for the day when Arsenal is just as good as a team like Dortmund or Bayern. Can't believe how low we've fallen.

I don't expect all of them to make it out of the Semi without getting carded.

But as long as we have Lahm and Schweini, we should be fine. Those two are irreplaceable.

fuenf

How can one even say that. Cavani has proven his worth all the time, yeah his last 3 months or so have been pretty shit. But he has a track record of hat tricks against Roma, Lazio, Milan, Juventus. Scored in the CL and got Napoli out of the group of death. Has helped take Napoli to CL for another season etc

Falcao, don't even have to say, he managed to actually carry his team and challenge the big 2 in La Liga for more than half the season. At Porto he scored ridiculous amount of goals and won the treble. Scored like 50000 goals in the Europa League.

If they are unproven then Lewandowski is I don't even know what.

I meant that they are unproven at a big club. It's different to play striker for a big club. And you shouldn't forget that lewandowski is only 24 years old.

Carbonox

I am curious to see who Manchester United end up signing from Dortmund, if they do get anyone at all. Hummels or Gundogan? Lewandowski could still be a possibility unless Bayern go all out to try and bag him (not gonna put faith in the Marca rumours, even though Lewi to Bayern is hardly farfetched).

Poor Reus being ignored in the media...
until the following Summer

GQman2121

Banned
Ibra
Van Persie
Falcao
Lewandowski
Cavani

Yeah, excluding R7 and Messi as forwards, I would say this is accurate. If Neymar comes to Europe and can emulate his scoring rate in Brazil, then he maybe in the conversation as well.

Two years ago Rooney and Eto would be up there too.

fuenf

I wasnt right for 3 days after last years finals. I dont know what would happen if the unspeakable happens.

Heynckes said after the Juve game that van Buyten played the return leg as a reward for doing well in the first leg. Was just wondering if he felt the same way about Gomez.

nah Gomez has to 2 yellows and Mandzu is far more valuable defending.

Meier

Come on. Falcao / Cavani have proved nothing so far. I agree that RVP and Lewa are better, but call me again when Falcao / Cavani have scored 24 CL goals. Gomez would score 40 in Spain.

Gomez scores a lot of goals but that does not mean he's a world-class striker necessarily. He can't create at all. But either way, I was just laughing at the inclusion of Mandzukic. He wouldn't be in anyone else's top 20 list let alone top 5.

Falcao and Cavani have proven to be world class for multiple years now. They're also achieving what they are on teams that are not nearly as stacked as a Bayern. They only have a few other teammates who are even typical starting international players let alone being amongst the best in the world.

K1LLER7

For Dortmunds sake, if they don't need the money, they'd be better off keeping Lewandowski. It'll be a massive blow losing two of your best players.

derExperte

We will. If there's one thing Bayern is great at this season it is keeping the most important player of their opponent in check. I'm very confident that Lewa would not have been able to shoot at the goal like he did today against Bayern's defense time and time again. Real didn't adapt one bit. We can.

Also it would be the most glorious victory possible. You can't have that without the risk of looking like dumbasses.

Pennywise

More recent games tell us that that curse has been broken!

Bayern was far away from dominating Dortmund like they did with Barca yesterday.
Sure the draw was lucky for Dortmund if you consider the chances Bayern had, but still it's an open game.

Anyway, was there ever a team that was unbeaten the entire CL season ?

fuenf

Gomez scores a lot of goals but that does not mean he's a world-class striker necessarily. He can't create at all. But either way, I was just laughing at the inclusion of Mandzukic. He wouldn't be in anyone else's top 20 list let alone top 5.

Falcao and Cavani have proven to be world class for multiple years now. They're also achieving what they are on teams that are not nearly as stacked as a Bayern. They only have a few other teammates who are even typical starting international players let alone being amongst the best in the world.

But that's exactly what I mean. Gomez looked like a world beater at Stuttgart because the whole team played for him. At Bayern they expect different things from a striker. Mandzukic isnt world class, but he's definitely Top 20. I'm just skeptical at Falcao, La Liga simply inflates the goal scoring record (see Messi / Ronaldo).

Kenka

The best thing about Dortmund's recent development is that it came right when the fair play rules are about to be applied which means no team like Milan, Inter, Man City, Paris or Barcelona can afford the likes of Hummels or Piszczek without coming under strict scrutiny.

Dibbz

Won't happen, probably too expensive for Wenger's taste. Meanwhile he'll buy lots of cheap unproven players, expect them to pull it through (which they won't) while paying them ridiculous wages. How I long for the day when Arsenal is just as good as a team like Dortmund or Bayern. Can't believe how low we've fallen.

Don't worry we have got Eisfeld. Yes he is the same age as Gotze. Yes he is still hasn't broken into the first team. :(

deroli

Another great CL night. Great second half, very good result. Madrid had nothing besides that stupid Hummels mistake. Robert beasting. I don't think anybody will pay the fee we're asking for him, he's just too important.
Now the wait till the second leg will be unbearable. 6 days ugh.

Top Bottom