• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Feorax

The Times are running the story tomorrow that Suarez is considering his future in England.

Well you know what? He can sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

He signed a 4 year deal, he behaved like a twat on the pitch, and he drove his own transfer value down by getting himself banned. The club would be mental to bend over and let him have his way. I suspect he'll be here next season whether he likes it or not.

Colocho

Banned
48051_516817178374580_1707650028_n.jpg

Pennywise

Yes, great for them. We're clearly not doing a good job when it comes to that atm. We could choose to go that route too if we want to continue being a shit team for several more years. Not to mention the ongoing problem that we already have: great players that come from our development efforts will want to leave the team because we can't win shit and we already have a wonderful example of that lol.

But how on earth do you want to suceed then ?
You cannot hold your good players and awesome talents would prefer different clubs as well.
So either you finally start to develop another route to be sucessful.
The other way would be, burning money which doesn't guarantee sucess either.
Clubs like City and so on are proving it :p

Wilbur

Banned
Absolutely sensational result for Dortmund. I can't believe it. Can't believe Mou is going to leave Madrid without the CL. Can't believe that Lewa and Götze want to leave that manager, that stadium, those fans. I'm delighted for them.

Moving onto a few posts from earlier:

Barça before Pep was average and after him the squad is average. He only lost 2 matches against Madrid and handed down beatings like 2-6, 5-0 and 1-3.

Mourinho has inherited similarly strong teams since leaving Porto.

As true as this is - and not to discredit the great work Pep did with Barca - Mourinho's work with Porto was just as significant as Pep's considering their respective resources. He then went to a burgeoning club in Chelsea, bought well and won the title twice in a row - the first year being one of the most impressive teams I've ever seen. He then went to an aging Inter and made them European champions. He then overcame the team vaunted as potentially the best of all time in Barca.

He always does that shit and talks down Man utd chances at doing everything, I remember at the RM match after the first half he said "We're gonna lose"

Worse than Kharma man.

eat my tits

spidye

so what's the deal with khedira?

he's an awful DM and an awful AM. he runs a lot but he's very limited in his technique. why is he a starter for Real?

Suen

After the Madrid slaughter I've been thinking of which has the worst defense between Barca and Madrid.

lol Barca for sure, it's just that our defense today looked like Barca's

Atletico Madrid - Real Madrid
Arsenal - Manchester United
Parma - Lazio

Very exciting games for me in these coming days. Nazio and Utd will beat us.

Suen

so what's the deal with khedira?

he's an awful DM and an awful AM. he runs a lot but he's very limited in his technique. why is he a starter for Real?
Nobody knows, it's so complicated that even Madrid fans don't understand why other Madrid fans say he is good.

Suen

But how on earth do you want to suceed then ?
You cannot hold your good players and awesome talents would prefer different clubs as well.
So either you finally start to develop another route to be sucessful.
The other way would be, burning money which doesn't guarantee sucess either.
Clubs like City and so on are proving it :p
New GK, new striker and then go from there. And by new ones I don't mean anyone, but good ones. Yes it will cost us money but we need it.

GorillaJu

The Times are running the story tomorrow that Suarez is considering his future in England.

Well you know what? He can sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

He signed a 4 year deal, he behaved like a twat on the pitch, and he drove his own transfer value down by getting himself banned. The club would be mental to bend over and let him have his way. I suspect he'll be here next season whether he likes it or not.

A bit harsh, but true I think. The Guardian ran a similar story.

Gambit

Would you mind giving me the source ?
I renember the passage about Bayern, but not the one about Dortmund.

Still Neuer was an entirely different topic.

Einmal sagte der 19-Jährige frei nach dem Hit der Toten Hosen, er würde nie zum FC Bayern gehen. Ein anderes Mal dagegen revidierte er seine Aussagen über die Bayern. Eines stehe allerdings fest, so Draxler damals: Für den großen Revierrivalen Borussia Dortmund werde er garantiert niemals spielen.
click

It's the most recent article I could find where it was mentioned.

The better question is, why is he a starter for Germany when Gündogan and Bender are on the bench ?

Löw only knows.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
The better question is, why is he a starter for Germany when Gündogan and Bender are on the bench ?
I'm sure this will change, Löw rewards success. I think he was the best German DM next to Schweinsteiger for a long time.

We often played with Hummels, Kroos or even Lahm on that position when one of them wasn't available. Lahm was actually really good in those two (I think) matches.

edit: Khedira is one of those working types, I think. Many great teams had them, but they aren't remembered. He's not that bad.

United-GAF...we are so, so far away right now. I feel sad just watching this week's games.

Like...were not even as good as Barca or Madrid (not even close to the former) and they're getting straight railed out.

:(
Going through the thread and this is all I was thinking.

Nailed it.

We're light years behind.

FUCK.

Going through the thread and this is all I was thinking.

Nailed it.

We're light years behind.

FUCK.

We're gonna be fine viva, now the team is confident RVP is back and Rooney will either stay and be the new Scholes or leave and we'll get superstars to make it the team of the forever. I'm really looking forward to this summer transfers.

Pennywise

imagine a schweini-gündogan midfield
holy shit. they could destroy any other team who dares to play with them

Gündogan or Bender (we got two Benders after all D: )
Gündogan and Schweinsteiger for a more offensive playstyle and Bender/Schweinsteiger for the defensive moments.

feel

Remuntadaaaaaaaaaaa!

Fuck, Barcelona will pull it off, Madrid won't, Dortmund gets tikitaka'd and Messi'd back home without the trophy. Football dies.

Top Bottom