• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

fuenf

We will. If there's one thing Bayern is great at this season it is keeping the most important player of their opponent in check. I'm very confident that Lewa would not have been able to shoot at the goal like he did today against Bayern's defense time and time again. Real didn't adapt one bit. We can.

Also it would be the most glorious victory possible. You can't have that without the risk of looking like dumbasses.

to make things clear. I'm perfectly confident Bayern will win the CL this season, I believed it the whole time. HOWEVER, if Javi and Schweini were to be suspended my optimism would quickly fade.

pappe

What a fantastic result for Dortmund. Still can't believe how the German teams have thrashed 2 of the best sides. Unbelievable.

Lewandowski was in God mode it seems.

Bayern will be scary good if they sign him next season. Will probably dominate for years to come.

Btw is it possiblity Dortmund will throw ridiculous money at Lewandowski to make him stay at Dortmund?

The best thing about Dortmund's recent development is that it came right when the fair play rules are about to be applied which means no team like Milan, Inter, Man City, Paris or Barcelona can afford the likes of Hummels or Piszczek without coming under strict scrutiny.

Send a check to Platini>>>Avoid FFP regulations

Suen

We really don't. You guys were lucky as shit against ManU imo and even your goal today was given to you. As for Barca we barely scraped past Milan thanks to a magical remuntada and should have been beaten by PSG if they knew how to shoot, but we were saved by Messi again.

I still believe though. #LaLigaRemuntada is on.
We were definitely lucky with Man Utd. Seriously I still feel sorry for them and believe they would have won it. Barca was lucky with both Milan and PSG, although they did play better in both home legs so I wouldn't say it was just full of luck.

Won't you guys win La Liga if we lose against Atletico this weekend and you win? If that happens I think it would be a much needed boost for you guys in preperation for the home leg against Bayern.

Next week we'll be playing first against Dortmund so we will be the first victims. If we can't win we have to at least make sure we can make a spectacular comeback so we can fill the power of believe for Barca. We will have to defend the wall as much as possible so Barca can unlesh the destructive La Liga wave the next day

La Liga domination, BELIEVE!

I'm still worried about the second leg against Barca :( If there's any team that could comeback it's them. :(

Come on. Falcao / Cavani have proved nothing so far. I agree that RVP and Lewa are better, but call me again when Falcao / Cavani have scored 24 CL goals. Gomez would score 40 in Spain.

Barca may score 4, but I have faith Bayern will get a goal too, which means the Catalan side will need six goals to win the tie; unlikely to say the least.

Kenka

What a fantastic result for Dortmund. Still can't believe how the German teams have thrashed 2 of the best sides. Unbelievable.

Lewandowski was in God mode it seems.

Bayern will be scary good if they sign him next season. Will probably dominate for years to come.

Btw is it possiblity Dortmund will throw ridiculous money at Lewandowski to make him stay at Dortmund?
Well, with the 50M€ they got from the CL plus the Götzegate money, they have enough arguments me think.

keit4

Banned
The Neverending Story: La Decima, starring Real Madrid (guest stars Marca and As).

marca+portadaa.jpg

2020.jpg

10decima-marca.jpg

1230114725_extras_albumes_0.jpg

g1612.jpg

marca23042012.jpg

marca.jpg

marca-13-03-2012.jpg

marca-portada-17-02-2012.jpg

la-decima.jpg

n_real_madrid_cristiano_ronaldo-525394.jpg

as-portada.jpg

And this is just a teaser, wait for the reveal trailer.

fuenf

No, they'll follow he philosophy that got them there. If they were to get Draxler and Son as replacements for Götze & Lewa, they wouldnt even be that much worse (at least in the long term). I firmly believe Draxler can be the Ronaldo to Götze's Messi.

fuenf

Barca may score 4, but I have faith Bayern will get a goal too, which means the Catalan side will need six goals to win the tie; unlikely to say the least.

Yeah it's extremely unlikely that Neuer will concede 5 without Bayern scoring at least one. I think Dortmund was the only team that put more than 3 past him since he went to Bayern.

Carbonox

No, they'll follow he philosophy that got them there. If they were to get Draxler and Son as replacements for Götze & Lewa, they wouldnt even be that much worse (at least in the long term). I firmly believe Draxler can be the Ronaldo to Götze's Messi.

I've heard great things about Draxler. What's he like?

Gambit

Draxler to Dortmund would make Neuer's transfer look like child's play.

Suen

Don't worry we have got Eisfeld. Yes he is the same age as Gotze. Yes he is still hasn't broken into the first team. :(
:lol :lol Dortmund only giving us their outcasts. He's still young, who knows what he will bring to us. But this does not make me happy....I want players who already have the whole package, not maybe-soon-to-be-good-players

pulga

Banned
Whats with the Barca salt in here?

Youre still down by 4-nil your morons. What the fuck are you celebrating hahaha

Carbonox

He's still raw and inexperienced, but his playstyle is eerily similar to Ronaldo's. If he manages to become more consistent and take the next step, he can be world class.

Wow. I remember buying him for my Dortmund career in FIFA last year and he was pretty slow as fuck for a winger. :lol

Pennywise

:lol :lol Dortmund only giving us their outcasts. He's still young, who knows what he will bring to us. But this does not make me happy....I want players who already have the whole package, not maybe-soon-to-be-good-players

But that's the reason Dortmund did so well.
Dortmund got their talents and improved them.

FootballFan

Very late but I can't help but reply to this.

Is there a man more fortunate in football than Guardiola? He literally walks into managing Barcelona, is now given another dream team and is heralded as one of the best coaches in the game because of the success he's had.

fe2083b8_smh.gif

Shit, his next "challenge" will probably be managing Celtic next

Yeah because Rijkaard won the treble the season that he decided to leave on his own. :lol
(sarcasm btw, he was fired because the team was worse than Arsenal).

Guardiola haters are the worst. Most don't even know what they are talking about. He changed the whole team, kicked out players, promoted Busquets and other youth players, turned Messi into a god and won every fucking title playing much better tiki taka than we do now. And he wasn't handed Barca. If he failed as Barca B coach he wouldn't have ever got the job, but nope, he promoted the team to the second division. And the higher ups were impressed. Haven't Tito's failures in big matches or Roura's bad decision changed anyone's opinion?

JEEZ.

Yeah Bayern was an easy team to go to, but where do you think Mou is going next season? Bolton? LOL. No, he will go to Chelsea and spend 400m. Just like Ancelotti who went to Chelsea, then PSG. Just like every other big coach would do. If Arsene left Arsenal, do you think he would go to Swansea? Probably not because they win titles already.

And no one reply to this. Just read it and leave it. PEP GODIOLA.

Gambit

Why ?
Draxler is far from being so deeply rooted into the fanbase like Neuer was.
It would be true if you spoke about someone like Großkreutz.

Draxler is Schalke's crown jewel. He mentioned in magazine interviews he could imagine going to Bayern under some circumstances but NEVER to Dortmund.

Schalke would go ballistic.

pulga

Banned
Very late but I can't help but reply to this.

Yeah because Rijkaard won the treble the season that he decided to leave on his own. :lol
(sarcasm btw, he was fired because the team was worse than Arsenal).

Guardiola haters are the worst. Most don't even know what they are talking about. He changed the whole team, kicked out players, promoted Busquets and other youth players, turned Messi into a god and won every fucking title playing much better tiki taka than we do now. And he wasn't handed Barca. If he failed as Barca B coach he wouldn't have ever got the job, but nope, he promoted the team to the second division. And the higher ups were impressed. Haven't Tito's failures in big matches or Roura's bad decision changed anyone's opinion?

JEEZ.

Yeah Bayern was an easy team to go to, but where do you think Mou is going next season? Bolton? LOL. No, he will go to Chelsea and spend 400m.

And no one reply to this. Just read it and leave it. PEP GODIOLA.

REMOLACHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pennywise

Draxler is Schalke's crown jewel. He mentioned in magazine interviews he could imagine going to Bayern under some circumstances but NEVER to Dortmund.

Schalke would go ballistic.

Would you mind giving me the source ?
I renember the passage about Bayern, but not the one about Dortmund.

Still Neuer was an entirely different topic.

Suen

But that's the reason Dortmund did so well.
Dortmund got their talents and improved them.
Yes, great for them. We're clearly not doing a good job when it comes to that atm. We could choose to go that route too if we want to continue being a shit team for several more years. Not to mention the ongoing problem that we already have: great players that come from our development efforts will want to leave the team because we can't win shit and we already have a wonderful example of that lol.

Top Bottom