• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

spidye

So how far behind are we?

article_76ed3f4abc50427a_1354657380_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

This performanve is making a mockery of the RedCafe posters who said that there wasn't much difference between United and Dortmund.

We're a decent side but we could never have performed like this against Madrid.

The redcafe muppets want Wilshere over Gundogan and think Wilshere is better. Unbelievable.

LTWheels

The Times are running the story tomorrow that Suarez is considering his future in England.

Well you know what? He can sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

He signed a 4 year deal, he behaved like a twat on the pitch, and he drove his own transfer value down by getting himself banned. The club would be mental to bend over and let him have his way. I suspect he'll be here next season whether he likes it or not.

Tbh as soon as he bit Ivanovic, my first thought was that this is probably this last appearance in a Liverpool shirt, and it won't be the club wanting to sell him either.

Jin_7

The downside of this kind of success is that everyone and their grandmom want Dortmund's players. It's like the new trendy toy but then they can't handle it, break it and throw it out again.

Kenka

The downside of this kind of success is that everyone and their grandmom want Dortmund's players. It's like the new trendy toy but then they can't handle it, break it and throw it out again.
Again financial fair-play will not allow for such behaviour. I hope the last example of a somptuous expense that brought close to nothing was actually Modric last season.

Borussia could very well ask for 20M€ for each member of their starting squad. And that would be reasonable.

Kenka, stop believing in FFP. :lol

The big clubs has already found their ways around it and they won't have the balls to kick them out of the big competitions.

Kenka

Kenka, stop believing in FFP. :lol

The big clubs has already found their ways around it and they won't have the balls to kick them out of the big competitions.
I hope Platoche kicks them out still. But talks about a FIFPro league will come back on the scene with even more insistence, that would be the downside.

Think it's a reliable source?

Hope that Fletch story isn't true.

Would be terrible if it turned out that he had to retire.
Oh yeah, 100%. Think the Crerand interview will be released soon, maybe even with audio. He definitely said it, thing is, Crerand on transfers is a bit like Beckenbauer at Bayern.

But the news on Fletch seems conclusive. Apparently Crerand even released some of the medical details.

Slizz

Oh yeah, 100%. Think the Crerand interview will be released soon, maybe even with audio. He definitely said it, thing is, Crerand on transfers is a bit like Beckenbauer at Bayern.

But the news on Fletch seems conclusive. Apparently Crerand even released some of the medical details.

Sucks.... At least Fletch knows he has all the support from United and the fans. I'd love to see him somehow involved with club still.

Nilaul

It's like watching those schoolyard bullies who always hog the ball.

Well the kid (Fetfatzidis) is pretty amazing. Its not the only "nice" goal he scores. He also assists a lot, good dribble, good vision, good shot. I just hope he gets out of Greece soon; because their insnt really enough competition for him to develop there.

Clegg

Paddy was the source? Sorry, I thought you meant the other guy.

Terrible news about Fletch. I think he was taking part in coaching United's reserves so hopefully he can get back to that.

That's possibly 3 midfielders out the door. Fletch/Scholes retiring and Ando being sold. Maybe Rooney will actually play a lot more in midfield next season.

What about the Marca news?
What? Lewy to Bayern? I'd say it's highly unlikely we sell him or anyone to Bayern. It's possible he joins them after the contract runs out, though.

I'd only see him going if Frogson/Chelsea/City would make some 40m offer, which I can't see happening to be honest.

congrats. now imagine how you guys would have trashed real if the götze transfer never went public ;)
Hummels wouldn't have needed to give that goal away, fuck Götze.

And Hummels what a guy. He was like, we need some motivation for the second half. Gives away one goal and we score 3 because of that. Genius.

Top Bottom