• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Nothing.

Fans were more occupied with this

mYTXpU0.jpg

Fg6ZocR.jpg

Raus is such a good word.

Clegg

Here's the Suarez story that will be in tomorrows Times

LATEST NEWS: Luis Suarez considers his future
Ten-match bite ban fuels thoughts of future away from Premier League

Luis Suárez is considering his future in English football after being left “shocked and disappointed” at a ten-match ban imposed by the Football Association for biting Branislav Ivanovic.

As things stand, the Liverpool forward will miss the final four games of this season and first six of the next campaign, which means he may be suspended until late September. Suárez has until midday tomorrow to decide whether to appeal against the suspension.

Should he choose to challenge the ban, which was confirmed by the FA yesterday after an independent regulatory commission hearing, Suárez would risk receiving additional penalties if the appeal was deemed frivolous.

That decision is the most pressing concern for both Suárez and Liverpool. Ian Ayre, the Liverpool managing director, said yesterday:
“Both the club and player are shocked and disappointed at the severity of today’s independent regulatory commission decision.

We await the written reasons before making any further comment.”

Suárez, 26, is weighing up whether it is in his best interests to stay in the Barclays Premier League, particularly as he is being pursued by a number of European clubs. Interest in him from Bayern Munich and Juventus is longstanding, while the Uruguay striker is also understood to figure on Atlético Madrid’s shortlist of potential replacements for Radamel Falcao, who is expected to leave them this summer.

Suárez is widely regarded as one of world football’s most talented forwards. Any interested parties would, however, have to take into account that his ban would apply outside the Premier League and it would be no surprise if his persistent disciplinary problems deterred potential suitors.

Liverpool’s attempts to mitigate against a hefty punishment involved Suárez being fined two weeks’ wages (about £240,000) and placed on a behavioural improvement programme under the guidance of Brendan Rodgers, the manager.

Significantly, Ayre stressed that the former Ajax player was not for sale. “As we keep saying, he signed a new four-year contract last summer and we’d all love to see him here throughout that contract,” Ayre said on Monday.

How Suárez reacts to his latest brush with football’s authorities will determine whether that remains achievable.

The player believes the severity of the punishment is wholly out of proportion to the offence.

Sucks.... At least Fletch knows he has all the support from United and the fans. I'd love to see him somehow involved with club still.

Paddy was the source? Sorry, I thought you meant the other guy.

Terrible news about Fletch. I think he was taking part in coaching United's reserves so hopefully he can get back to that.

That's possibly 3 midfielders out the door. Fletch/Scholes retiring and Ando being sold. Maybe Rooney will actually play a lot more in midfield next season.
Ah sorry to be more clear, Crerand has given an interview with PB who runs Beyond The Pitch, he's the guy saying this and he said he will release the Crerand interview soon. So it's definitely not made up.

He said Crerand told him Fletcher is done and Scholes is also going so we will definitely sign a CM and he thinks it will be Modric. But yeah it's not like Fergie tells him his plans so I think he's just guessing.

It sad news about Fletcher especially since it seemed like he was on his way back but I think his condition is just too stubborn and won't go away.

xintin

so if Suarez appeals the 10 match ban and loses, does that mean he would be out even longer?
edit - nvm there's an article right thurrrrrr

redcafe
I can't see Gundogan working for us really. Wilshere really would be the missing piece.

Fuck you. Not only is Gundogan a little better, he's not injury prone. Redcafe doesn't know shit about midfielders.

Also, can we please stop talking about Dortmund being ripped/bought apart in summer? I mean I get it but it's annoying as fuck. With Götze, we didn't have a choice and Lewandowski might go this summer, too, but that's looking more and more unlikely. And beside them, NOPE, no chance.

Players come and go, we have lots of money and showed in this CL season what our club has to offer. That might not be the most wages, but an awesome team, a fantastic coaching staff, an incredible stadium and fantastic fans. And to quote Klopp: "In the last few days, I've already seen quite a lot of players that would love to play for us."

To make it easier for everyone, first team BVB players you send high offers for:
Alomerovic, Santana, Kirch, Owomoyela, Bakalorz, Amini

K1LLER7

This summer predictions:

Chelsea > Falcao

City > Cavani

Madrid/Stays > Lewandowski

United > Some young teenager, Bale (if Spurs fail to qualify)

Clegg

I don't think Casillas would have saved any of Leawandowski's goals. The first was about a yard away from goal, the second was a one on one from 5 yards out, and the third and fourth goals were just unstoppable.

I haven't watched much La Liga but Lopez was pretty decent in the CL matches I've seen him play. There would have been no point in dropping him for Casillas.

Timurid

Also, can we please stop talking about Dortmund being ripped/bought apart in summer? I mean I get it but it's annoying as fuck. With Götze, we didn't have a choice and Lewandowski might go this summer, too, but that's looking more and more unlikely. And beside them, NOPE, no chance.

Players come and go, we have lots of money and showed in this CL season what our club has to offer. That might not be the most wages, but an awesome team, a fantastic coaching staff, an incredible stadium and fantastic fans. And to quote Klopp: "In the last few days, I've already seen quite a lot of players that would love to play for us."

To make it easier for everyone, first team BVB players you send high offers for:
Alomerovic, Santana, Kirch, Owomoyela, Bakalorz, Amini

TBH any player who leaves Dortmund now is a moron except Götze. :p

your B team basically. Also, you just bought Amini not too long ago, and you already want him gone?

That's more like our C team lol

Amini? Well, I don't really care if we kept him. But I don't see him becoming a first team player for us, like ever. He's not even a regular starter for our second team. Was worth a gamble, though.

Edit: Just saw that he was a regular starter the last few matches, but yeah, still.

They also don't want their entire CB...

lol what?

faridmon

love them

I am listening to The Scream and Peepshow, but can't help but to put on Peepshow everytime I want to listen to them. Why Is the Scream considered so highly? There isn't a single song that make go Whoa! Maybe I have passed the time where I should have been blown by it, but now, its all ''eh'' Even Hong Kong Garden is not impressive to me.

To put it into a context, Entertainment by Gang of Four blew my ind last year when I first listened to it and that Album was album was a debut album released around that era.

Peepshow is fucking Fantastic. Peek-a-Boo and Killing Jar are both boss songs to listen to.

Timurid

Why? If you manage to get paid a few millions more per year it's not too unreasonable to leave.

Weidenfeller has been playing great for the past few years.

BVB are shaping up to be a great team and can win the UCL this year or the next. So why would you go anywhere else now just to make a few millions more per year?

I'm not saying they have to stay at Dortmund for the rest of their careers, but atm why would you leave when you're hot and your team is on form.

Wes

venison crêpe
Suarez should leave Liverpool. Should go play for a Champions League club and Liverpool should reinvest the money.

One of you was bad mouthing Hummels, Subotich and Shieber (Or someone else)

Santana? Schieber is our shit striker lol

And I guess you mean the shit I was talking with Hummels being fat/Klinsmann being right, etc that started with a Günter-Ginter CB pairing joke?

I fucking love Hummels and wouldn't sell him for any money. Same goes for Subotic. Santana, well, he wants to go because he's not playing enough. I'd keep him if he agreed.

Suen

I cannot believe the score of these 2 games. Bunch of cunts.
You better accept reality, Dortmund and Bayern are the new Barca and Real until Bayern steal all of Dortmund good players and turn Bundesliga to a one-team league. Then it will be Bayern > the rest of the teams.

Remuntada!

Top Bottom