• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Timurid

Maybe you want a different challenge as a player, maybe you want to go to a club that's bigger where you're from or that you always wanted to play for.

I get why players would like to stay, but I also understand why they might want to leave. Right now they can probably get much better contracts than maybe in one or two years.

For players like Cavani and Falcao, it's understandable why they want to leave their clubs.

I'm saying why would you leave your club where you just beaten top European clubs and can challenge for the UCL?

Wouldn't you want to win the UCL before you move to a different club?

Let's say if you move to a club like City, you're not guaranteed European silverware.

Lets face it, every player dreams about winning the UCL. You can't dispute me on that point.

Maybe you want a different challenge as a player, maybe you want to go to a club that's bigger where you're from or that you always wanted to play for.

I get why players would like to stay, but I also understand why they might want to leave. Right now they can probably get much better contracts than maybe in one or two years.

Agreed with most of that but lol at the bolded. How would one even rate that?

Meier

My college's football team had a player from Burnage (where Noel and Liam are from) this past year. Turns out he is a huge City fan! Cool article on him here:

Blue Moon rising for Manchester City fan Menelik Watson at the annual National Football League draft
Menelik Watson remembers the worst days of growing up in abject poverty on one of Britain’s toughest inner-city estates, the days when he would rip open tomato ketchup sachets and suck out the contents because he was so hungry.

He thinks about seeing his ankle bone sticking through his flesh after an accident as a kid and the doctors telling him his leg might need to be amputated and that he could forget the thought of playing sport again, let alone turning out for his beloved Manchester City.

He recalls how his brothers ended up in prison, how he might easily have gone the same way if not for the love of his mum and how he found an escape in sport, first in basketball and then in boxing, determined to find the job which would ensure his baby daughter would never have to want for anything.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/americanfootball/10016126/.html

rn_melinikwatson4_ms_400.jpg

Chris R

Just saw the score for the CL game today... I might be watching the final after all! Damn terrific results so far. Going to record the second legs for sure.

I am listening to The Scream and Peepshow, but can't help but to put on Peepshow everytime I want to listen to them. Why Is the Scream considered so highly? There isn't a single song that make go Whoa! Maybe I have passed the time where I should have been blown by it, but now, its all ''eh'' Even Hong Kong Garden is not impressive to me.

To put it into a context, Entertainment by Gang of Four blew my ind last year when I first listened to it and that Album was album was a debut album released around that era.

Peepshow is fucking Fantastic. Peek-a-Boo and Killing Jar are both boss songs to listen to.

Peepshow was the first album I listen to from SATB, so I agree with wha you simply from an intial impression rush. Great band!

Noirulus

The better question is, why is he a starter for Germany when Gündogan and Bender are on the bench ?

Gundogan can't provide the same role that Khedira does: A defensive workhorse who's playing style isn't based on glamorous passes.

For everyone questioning Khedira, please go watch Madrid's first game at Signal Iduna Park last year in the CL group stages. After Khedira got injured around the 30th minute, Dortmund started WRECKING Madrid.

FootballFan

Gundogan can't provide the same role that Khedira does: A defensive workhorse who's playing style isn't based on glamorous passes.

For everyone questioning Khedira, please go watch Madrid's first game at Signal Iduna Park last year in the CL group stages. After Khedira got injured around the 30th minute, Dortmund started WRECKING Madrid.

I have already made up my mind.

Vivalaraza said Khedira is rubbish, and I agree.

Noirulus

I have already made up my mind.

Vivalaraza said Khedira is rubbish, and I agree.

That's fine, because I do think he had a lot of bad moments today, but then so did the entire Madrid team.

However, he's still a great player. A lot of the criticisms I'm seeing on GAF don't really hold tbh. It's like ragging on Makelele for not being a great playmaker

Clegg

In fairness, BVB also wrecked Madrid with Khedira on the pitch tonight.

Noirulus

In fairness, BVB wrecked Madrid with Khedira on the pitch tonight.

Yeah, I agree. A lot of the blame should go to Alonso/the defense, though, because they sloppily gave away key plays to Dortmund where Khedira isn't in the best position to make defensive contributions.

Also, starting Ozil on the right was a horrible mistake. He provided absolutely nothing for a significant portion of the match.

K1LLER7

lol. As if United wouldn't jump at the chance to have Khedira next to Carrick.

Modric and Alonso managed to look worse.

We need someone who can both defend and attack alongside Carrick. Khedira isn't too good when going forward. Rooney has played well there but Someone like Gundagon/Modric/Schweni would be perfect. They can put their foot in but also contribute going forward with the ball at their feet.

We need someone who can both defend and attack alongside Carrick. Khedira isn't too good when going forward. Rooney has played well there but Someone like Gundagon/Modric/Schweni would be perfect. They can put their foot in but also contribute going forward with the ball at their feet.

Khedira attacked fine when he was playing for Germany last summer. He's not as skilled on the ball as Modric, but like every player that came out of Germany's U21/19 squads in the last 5 years, he's really good at making overlapping runs to drag defenders out of their shape.

This Real team doesn't use his skill set very well.

Lunchbox

Banned
i ordered a Kagawa dortmund jersey

im ready, Fuck Bayern.

(i would say fuck the 2 spanish cunts but they are still recovering from the fistings)

FootballFan

Brasil are getting destroyed and Neymar is doing bad.

Chile totally dominating and Brasil just scored now. 1-1.

lol. As if United wouldn't jump at the chance to have Khedira next to Carrick.

Man Utd need someone like Vidal or Yaya next to Carrick, not Khedira(who viva said was rubbish btw).

YOu can't fool me Filipao. You pretend Brasil is shit.

Then Ronaldo comes back from retirement and takes Brasil for the Hepta on home turf, like they did on 2002

Believe.

faridmon

Everyone is gonna start watching Bundesliga now, Bloody Hell!
Just stay away from Inui and Eintracht Frankfurt. They are min. MINE!

That's fine, because I do think he had a lot of bad moments today, but then so did the entire Madrid team.

However, he's still a great player. A lot of the criticisms I'm seeing on GAF don't really hold tbh. It's like ragging on Makelele for not being a great playmaker

Khedira looks shitty because he partners with one of the best mids in europe the last decade, Alonso has an amazing first touch and long pass accuracy. Khedira is left to do the dirty work, tackling, interceptions, etc something he is not good at. At stuttgart he played 10-15 yards forward in box to box role, or a playmaker role.

Real bought Khedira to replace Makelele, but he couldnt be any more different, nor does he have the same characteristics of the french and he isnt even close to the majestic Redondo.

Good player, wrong position.

YOu can't fool me Filipao. You pretend Brasil is shit.

Then Ronaldo comes back from retirement and takes Brasil for the Hepta on home turf, like they did on 2002

Believe.

meh the current Brazilian squad doesnt have the offensive power of that 2002 team, there is no Ronaldo, Dihno or Rivaldo, hell there isnt even a Denilson.

Brasil are getting destroyed and Neymar is doing bad.

Chile totally dominating and Brasil just scored now. 1-1.
Man Utd need someone like Vidal or Yaya next to Carrick, not Khedira(who viva said was rubbish btw).

what about someone like that PSV kid, Strootman, he would fit nicely at United.

FootballFan

Wow Neymar just fucked up a great opportunity by smashing the ball clueless..ly instead of placing it in a one on one.

Everyone is gonna start watching Bundesliga now, Bloody Hell!

I already got on that train when Pep signed. Shaq, Pep and Gotze at Bayern. hngg

he's coming to united to play alongside kagawa

we should also get felipe santana and hummels to replace rio and vidic

Borussia United

Why the fuck would you want Santana at United, could do a lot better than that. He's certainly going to continue riding the bench at United, but well, at least he will be truly reunited with Kagawa then.

FootballFan

Let me dream here guys.

Formation: 3-4-3 is back in style.

--Iniesta-------------Messi--------------Tello--
--------------------------------------------------
---Alba-------Biscuit------Xavi--------Alves---
--------------------------------------------------
-------Pique------Hummels------T.Silva-------
---------------------------------------------------
----------------A Goalkeeper-------------------

Bench: Pinto, Abidal, Masch, Thiago, Deulofeu, Cornelius, Pedro

Reserves: Cesc, Song, Puyol, Januzaj, Bartra, Adriano, Montoya, Afellay, Sergi Roberto.

Sold: Villa, Sanchez, Valdes, Dos Santos

Bought: Hummels, Januzaj, Cornelius and Thiago Silva

Coach: Messi

Assistant: Tito

HNGGGGGGG

Top Bottom