• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Blackhead

Redarse
So I'm watching the Bayern—Barca game again and realized that Alves was likely off the pitch when Bayern scored the fourth goal. So offside, foul, and the clincher when Barca was momentarily down to 10 men? Of course Muller was injured too yet stayed on the pitch to score his second. Still... fortuitous events, fine margins and all that.

bjaelke

It's the same fucking source as yesterday, just now Focus is reporting it. Nothing confirmed, it's the same shit Marca claimed yesterday, except now they claim Heynckes' agent told spanish radio channel Deportes Cope.

So did Heynckes' agent travel through all of Spain yesterday to spread that news or what the fuck? It's bullshit.

The rumour was shut down last night after the match by Hans-Joachim Watzke.

"Robert has a contract until 2014 and there is no exit clause like with Mario Gotze," said Watzke.
"It is our explicit wish to keep him until 2014. That is why we are saying no to a transfer fee."

Pretty sure we offered Lewandowski for Kagawa and the latter refused, not SAF. Too bad.
We'll get Son and embrace 한국! Fuck Sony, long live Samsung.

I'd trade with Chelski too. De Bruyne & Lukaku or bust!

Hmm, not quite sure if keeping him for a year longer is the right thing to do.
Feels like Watzke wants to force him into signing a new contract with a clause in it, because sticking around on his old one would leave him with meager wages for another year.
This way we could end up paying him some 5-6m next year, but the clause would ensure a nice transfer fee coming our way in 2014.
None of this matters if he keeps cumming rainbows and somehow grabs/comes close to grabbing ballon d'or, then I'm pretty sure some club would go nuts and bid something in excess of 30m - at which point I guess Watzke would break.

raiot

So I'm watching the Bayern—Barca game again and realized that Alves was likely off the pitch when Bayern scored the fourth goal. So offside, foul, and the clincher when Barca was momentarily down to 10 men? Of course Muller was injured too yet stayed on the pitch to score his second. Still... fortuitous events, fine margins and all that.

Signs-Tin-Foil-Hat.jpg

Pretty sure we offered Lewandowski for Kagawa and the latter refused, not SAF. Too bad.
We'll get Son and embrace 한국! Fuck Sony, long live Samsung.

I'd trade with Chelski too. De Bruyne & Lukaku or bust!

Feels like Watzke wants to force him into signing a new contract with a clause in it, because sticking around on his old one would leave him with meager wages for another year.
This way we could end up paying him some 5-6m next year, but the clause would ensure a nice transfer fee coming our way in 2014.
None of this matters if he keeps cumming rainbows and somehow grabs/comes close to grabbing ballon d'or, then I'm pretty sure some club would go nuts and bid something in excess of 30m - at which point I guess Watzke would break.

Son will probably move if HSV do not make it into Europe. HSV will probably be more than willing to take the money.

Lightning

Banned
Or how about Suarez? He could use some German discipline.
Great deal for Dortmund. Suarez is a much better player than Lewandowski. Suarez would be absolutely immense for Dortmund, Bayern would not like this deal to take place but why would Liverpool? You want a money hungry mercenary on your books?

LTWheels

Great deal for Dortmund. Suarez is a much better player than Lewandowski. Suarez would be absolutely immense for Dortmund, Bayern would not like this deal to take place but why would Liverpool? You want a money hungry mercenary on your books?

Liverpool won't sell unless Suarez forces it with a transfer request.

Salazar

RAWK want to secede

They are taking the piss, for whatever reason I don't know but we are one of the top 4 or 6 clubs
in the world. There will come a time when the F.A needs our support and we'll know what to do.
If somebody proposes a European Super League we would have no loyalty to the F.A or to the rest
of the country who are complicit in all this(who knows, maybe we worked towards a European League in the past and they are getting even).
So keep our powder dry, watch and wait for our chance - what goes around comes around.

loooooool, how deep would you lot get dicked in a Euro Super League

It all comes down to a cultural issue again. Biting someone is seen as anti-British.

Bumhead

Banned
Chris Kirkland has won our Player of the Year. He's been ever present for us this season in the league and has been absolute quality. Best 'keeper in the league for me.

Not bad for a bloke who'se back is basically made of dust and who was told shouldn't be playing anymore back in 2006.

901740-15056702-640-360.jpg

Sloane

Banned
He supposedly has a clause in his contract that makes sure he will earn much more next season, no matter what, so it's really not about forcing him into anything, we just don't want to let him got. Considering that seems to be Bayern's plan anyway (getting him in 2014 for free), it makes sense.

Wes

venison crêpe
Chris Kirkland has won our Player of the Year. He's been ever present for us this season in the league and has been absolute quality. Best 'keeper in the league for me.

Not bad for a bloke who'se back is basically made of dust and who was told shouldn't be playing anymore back in 2006.

Definitely. That's a good story to start the day with.

Son will probably move if HSV do not make it into Europe. HSV will probably be more than willing to take the money.
It feels like he might move regardless, but possibly to the EPL.

How about a straight swap for Torres instead?
Man, Klopp would make him go full emo. He'd be cutting himself and whatnot..

He supposedly has a clause in his contract that makes sure he will earn much more next season, no matter what, so it's really not about forcing him into anything, we just don't want to let him got. Considering that seems to be Bayern's plan anyway (getting him in 2014 for free), it makes sense.
Ok, I see. Never read about that "wage hike" clause.
Spiegel says we pretty much agreed on transfer details (25m fee) with red cancer through some middleman because the cancerous fucks won't talk to us directly, instead relying on shady shit. But then the cunts pulled Götze and now we rejected them.
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...-bemueht-um-lewandowski-vom-bvb-a-896426.html
Yep, guess he'll stay regardless on any offers.

/honigstein is basically just quoting Spiegel, great. Doesn't even have full employment at SZ, stupid tweeting shitface.

Wilbur

Banned

901740-15056702-640-360.jpg

Good shit. Always a talented keeper but injuries prevented him from standing out in the PL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Phantas2k said:
through some middleman because the cancerous fucks won't talk to us directly, instead relying on shady shit.

This is precisely why Voller prefered to sell Vidal to us btw.

elseanio

Hillsborough inquest hearing details are due today. There has also been an update on the IPCC investigation:

IPCC issues update on Hillsborough investigation work

The Independent Police Complaints Commission can provide an update today on the work it is undertaking in relation to its investigations into the Hillsborough disaster.

IPCC Deputy Chair, Deborah Glass, said: "It is six months since I announced our independent investigation into the aftermath of the Hillsborough disaster. I am very aware that the recent 24th anniversary of the disaster, and the very sad deaths of John Glover and Anne Williams, remind us all of the impact of time passing, and that everyone affected wants to see timely progress.

"I explained at the time that this was the largest investigation ever undertaken by the IPCC – and the biggest criminal and misconduct investigation ever conducted into the police in England and Wales. I said that it would be conducted in phases with the first, focusing on laying the foundations, likely to take several months. That foundation work is almost complete and we are now moving fully into the criminal and misconduct investigation phase. We have made great progress in the recovery of documentation, securing of resources including new premises, development of terms of reference and investigation plans.

"We have been developing our lines of enquiry alongside the review of the documentation and some police officers have now been interviewed. But this a huge and complex investigation which must be closely co-ordinated with the investigation into the deaths being led by Jon Stoddart, as well as the needs of the inquests. The coroner, Lord Justice Goldring, will hold the first pre-inquest hearing today and we have made it clear that we will be fully supportive of any decisions he makes on the procedure to be adopted at these inquests, including their timing. We have said that our investigation will take two years but we have not said that the inquests should be delayed as a result, and we will as necessary prioritise our investigative work to support the inquests. We will be reviewing our investigation plan after the hearing.

I understand that our timescale may cause frustration. However in our correspondence and discussions to date with the families and survivors we have sought to explain the complexity of this investigation and that we and all the other organisations involved want to ensure the mistakes that have been made by inquiries into the disaster in the past are not repeated.”

Sloane

Banned
Spiegel says we pretty much agreed on transfer details (25m fee) with red cancer through some middleman because the cancerous fucks won't talk to us directly, instead relying on shady shit. But then the cunts pulled Götze and now we rejected them.
http://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussbal...-bemueht-um-lewandowski-vom-bvb-a-896426.html
Yep, guess he'll stay regardless on any offers.
Yeah, just read it, too. Wondering what Bayern's plan is with both Götze and Lewandowksi though, if Götze is supposed to play as a false 9.

Personally, I guess, I would sell him though. 25 million could be easily invested into someone who is not that much worse than Lewandowksi and keeping him with us against his will... I don't know if it's worth it.

Sloane

Banned
You have to feel for dortmund if they lose robbie keane roy keane love child as well as gotze.
I don't know, I've more or less always expected Lewa to leave this year and Götze next year, now Götze is leaving one year earlier... doesn't make that much of a difference in the end. I kinda preferred the time when we were building up new, young players anyway so I hope we can kinda go back to that. Bayern will probably win the league for the next three years or so no matter what and if we can compete for place two to six, I'm fine with that. Makes no sense keeping players around whose heart isn't into it anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Lewa is 24. Oh my..

I remember doicare prefering Welbeck over him because his passing accuracy was better.

Asked if this latest incident could result in Suárez leaving the Premier League, Reina replied: "Right now he is a Liverpool player. He is having a bad time of it and so is his family. He is certainly good enough to fit into any team in the world."

Bye

Yeah, just read it, too. Wondering what Bayern's plan is with both Götze and Lewandowksi though, if Götze is supposed to play as a false 9.

Probably Lewandowski as striker until Pep build up his Messi clone with Götze. Would feel bad for Mandzukic if he wasn't such an asshole lol

Also, Bayern are a huge bunch of cunts. Really now. Bayern fans getting all upset with why Germany hates Bayern and loves Dortmund is hilarious. "We won't negotiate with Dortmund!". And then they hire a middleman. What the fuck loooool

madmackem

I don't know, I've more or less always expected Lewa to leave this year and Götze next year, now Götze is leaving one year earlier... doesn't make that much of a difference in the end. I kinda preferred the time when we were building up new, young players anyway so I hope we can kinda go back to that. Bayern will probably win the league for the next three years or so no matter what and if we can compete for place two to six, I'm fine with that. Makes no sense keeping players around whose heart isn't into it anyway.

Still got some great players but losing your two real stars in one go is a bit shit. Will that money be put back into the team?.

I was tempted to report odd morsel for his abusive private messages but he's had enough of a mare as it:

odd_morsel said:
Jeff Albertson said:
odd_morsel said:

I'd rather not

Then would you stop being a passive aggressive little prick in the thread? Would appreciate if you didn't single me out for insults when I quote well-respected journalists in agreement.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know where this came from lol

If you want to abuse me Odd do it in front of everyone not hiding behind pm's

WJD

Of course he would.

Neymar has nothing on him right now.

Him and Alba would also form an incredible partnership down the left side, synchronised dives.

What a horrendous thought that is. I noticed the other night that Alba has a little pair of rat teeth too. Nothing on Suarez obviously, but still.

Top Bottom