• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

According to FourFourTwo on Lewa:

FourFourTwo said:
Speculation surrounds the 24-year-old's future as he has refused to sign a contract extension beyond 2014 and has kept quiet about his plans.

"I do not have the feeling that Robert is on the run and we are not the ones to send him away," his manager Jurgen Klopp told reporters. "Let's wait and see what happens next."

Dortmund officials also remain optimistic of keeping him.
"Robert has a contract until 2014 and there is no exit clause like with Mario Gotze," said club boss Hans-Joachim Watzke. "It is our explicit wish to keep him until 2014. That is why we are saying no to a transfer fee."

Clegg

The 20-year-old England international said: "It was always Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal, Arsenal in terms of where I could be going.

"I have always supported Arsenal. I did not expect United to come in but they did. Arsenal are a good team but United are one of the best in the world."
Zaha shitting on Arsenal.

And good news on Januzaj. Hopefully we'll see him come on as a sub against Swansea or West Brom.

faridmon

Happy Birthday Moyes (50 years old today) and thank you for your hard work
please leave and take Neville with you

david%20moyes%20hokey%20cokey.jpg

Realyn

GorillaJu

Watching the Bayern vs Barca game again now and I had forgotten that Barca really didn't play that poorly. The midfield was fine for most of the game, but the CB pairing ended horrendously, and the attacking players were awful.

Javi Martinez was so fucking good though. Tactically, technically, everything. Definitely looked like a 35m player.

Robben as well. On fire from start to finish. Looked like the Robben at Real Madrid that drew comparisons and debates over he and Messi, years back.

spidye

Kinda funny how half of europe is speaking about Lewandowski wanting to leave.

Seriously, Lewandowski's agent is giving interviews like those for atleast 1 1/2 years and nothing happened last season either. For reference after a quick google search: http://www.focus.de/sport/fussball/...-dortmund-vorzeitig-verlassen_aid_744580.html

in the newest interview with him he said that the clubs agreed on a fee and the officials at dortmund already accepted his transfer this summer

Wilbur

Banned
I trust Dortmund to invest the Götze (and Lewa if it happens) money wisely. They'll recover if they leave, they've got a fucking amazing set up from top to bottom there.

Watching the Bayern vs Barca game again now and I had forgotten that Barca really didn't play that poorly. The midfield was fine for most of the game, but the CB pairing ended horrendously, and the attacking players were awful.

Javi Martinez was so fucking good though. Tactically, technically, everything. Definitely looked like a 35m player.

Robben as well. On fire from start to finish. Looked like the Robben at Real Madrid that drew comparisons and debates over he and Messi, years back.

Robben was better at Chelsea for my money. 2004/05 Chelsea was a genuinely terrifying team to come up against. Duff and Robben on the wings, Lampard and Makelele either end of a diamond, Drogba and Gudjohnsen up top, with Cech/Terry/Carvalho at the back. Only Ferreira and Bridge weren't top class.

Plus you're right on Martinez. He was astounding.

Blablurn

Normally I don't trust those news but after everything that happened in the last weeks and months I think the Lewa deal is pretty much done.

in the newest interview with him he said that the clubs agreed on a fee and the officials at dortmund already accepted his transfer this summer

No, he does not. He says the new club is preparing an offer that should meet our request.

But that's far from done. If it really is Bayern, don't know if Watzke still cares for the old request.

Realyn

That's not true at all.

He said that certain requirements by Dortmund have been met. Which Dortmund most likely set up months ago before Götze left.

Not one source today said anything about an accepted offer.

Besides, all of that has nothing to do with my initial argument.

spidye

No, he does not. He says the new club is preparing an offer that should meet our request.

But that's far from done. If it really is Bayern, don't know if Watzke still cares for the old request.

That's not true at all.

He said that certain requirements by Dortmund have been met. Which Dortmund most likely set up months ago before Götze left.

Not one source today said anything about an accepted offer.

Besides, all of that has nothing to do with my initial argument.

Nun hat sich auch Lewandowskis polnischer Berater zu Wort gemeldet. Cezary Kurcharski erklärte gegenüber "TVP Info", dass Lewandowski in der kommenden Saison bei einem größeren Verein als der Borussia spielen werde. "Dortmund hat sich am Mittwoch als großes Team bewiesen, aber ich kann Ihnen versichern, dass Robert nächstes Jahr bei einem noch größeren Klub spielen wird", so der Berater. Er wollte aber nicht bestätigen, dass sein neuer Verein einer der CL Halbfinalisten ist: "Bitte, bevor wir eine offizielle Information raus geben, wünsche ich mir, dass die Klubs sich untereinander einigen." Er sagte außerdem, dass die Zukunft von Lewa nicht nur ihm und dem Spieler bekannt sei, sondern auch der Trainer und die Verantwortliche des BVB bereits Bescheid wissen. Klingt doch sehr stark nach Abschied.

sounds like a done deal to me

edit:
Barthel sagte weiter: „Es gibt ein sehr interessantes Angebot für Robert, welches den vom BVB auferlegten Kriterien in vollem Umfang entspricht und auch die Ansprüche von Robert befriedigt”, sagte Barthel: „Der BVB hat uns zugesichert, dass Robert unter diesen Bedingungen am Ende der Saison wechseln darf.”

Realyn

I trust Dortmund to invest the Götze (and Lewa if it happens) money wisely. They'll recover if they leave, they've got a fucking amazing set up from top to bottom there.

They only lack a real striker if Lewa leaves imho.

My personal prediction is Draxler to Dortmund and have either him or Gündogan play Götze's old position. Most likely Gündogan - he is a real offensive beast.

If Lewandowski leaves my money is on Reus as striker. He played it alot in Gladbach and did well. That's also how germany is going to play in 2014 in my opinion - Özil, Götze, Müller with Reus up front.

Realyn

Nun hat sich auch Lewandowskis polnischer Berater zu Wort gemeldet. Cezary Kurcharski erklärte gegenüber "TVP Info", dass Lewandowski in der kommenden Saison bei einem größeren Verein als der Borussia spielen werde. "Dortmund hat sich am Mittwoch als großes Team bewiesen, aber ich kann Ihnen versichern, dass Robert nächstes Jahr bei einem noch größeren Klub spielen wird", so der Berater. Er wollte aber nicht bestätigen, dass sein neuer Verein einer der CL Halbfinalisten ist: "Bitte, bevor wir eine offizielle Information raus geben, wünsche ich mir, dass die Klubs sich untereinander einigen." Er sagte außerdem, dass die Zukunft von Lewa nicht nur ihm und dem Spieler bekannt sei, sondern auch der Trainer und die Verantwortliche des BVB bereits Bescheid wissen. Klingt doch sehr stark nach Abschied.

edit:
Barthel sagte weiter: „Es gibt ein sehr interessantes Angebot für Robert, welches den vom BVB auferlegten Kriterien in vollem Umfang entspricht und auch die Ansprüche von Robert befriedigt”, sagte Barthel: „Der BVB hat uns zugesichert, dass Robert unter diesen Bedingungen am Ende der Saison wechseln darf.”

Either I'm blind or I can't see where "he said that the clubs agreed on a fee".
I'm going to repeat myself. All that article is saying is that there are certain requirements set up by Dortmund and someone wants to match them. And you can be sure about one thing - those requierements were set up before Götze left.

You can read, though, can't you?

bjaelke

- Robert Lewandowski plays for a great club that is Borussia Dortmund and he will be playing in even bigger one. Bigger than Borussia Dortmund - said Lewandowski's manager Cezary Kucharski in TVP Info. - Borussia's management already know where Robert Lewandowski will be playing. - the manager admitted.
Unfortunately he wouldn't share a secret and didn't say what's the name of the club and when the agreement will be published. - This information will be published by clubs. The agreement between the clubs need to be signed. - said Kucharski.
More or less a done deal then.

http://tvp.info/informacje/ludzie/lewandowski-zagra-w-jeszcze-wiekszym-klubie/10875779

spidye

You can read, though, can't you?

look at my edit in my old post

Either I'm blind or I can't see where "he said that the clubs agreed on a fee".
I'm going to repeat myself. All that article is saying is that there are certain requirements set up by Dortmund and someone wants to match them. And you can be sure about one thing - those requierements were set up before Götze left.

I think this:

pretty much means they have a deal. maybe I'm reading too much into this

Realyn

look at my edit in my old post

I think this:
pretty much means they have a deal. maybe I'm reading to much into this

Ok, lets post

„Es gibt ein sehr interessantes Angebot für Robert, welches den vom BVB auferlegten Kriterien in vollem Umfang entspricht und auch die Ansprüche von Robert befriedigt”, sagte Barthel: „Der BVB hat uns zugesichert, dass Robert unter diesen Bedingungen am Ende der Saison wechseln darf.”

„Es gibt ein sehr interessantes Angebot für Robert, welches den vom BVB auferlegten Kriterien in vollem Umfang entspricht und auch die Ansprüche von Robert befriedigt”, sagte Barthel: „Der BVB hat uns zugesichert, dass Robert unter diesen Bedingungen am Ende der Saison wechseln darf.”

4 more times. Now it's true. Just like all the stuff he said in 2012.

Gambit

Just read that Kroos has all but signed a contract extension till 2018 (atm it's till 2015). Great news!

Especially since some journalists claimed he'd leave because of Götze.

spidye

Ok, lets post

4 times more. Now it's true. Just like all the stuff he said in 2012.

herp derp

come on. please tell me what he meant?

Milchjon

Surely there must be a more efficient way to kill soccer than what Bayern is doing.
Although their approach seems to prove quite effective, too.

K1LLER7

Some guy on twitter (he's got quite a bit right) saying that United have bid 18M for Lewandowski and talks are due this week. However, Bayern and BVB have agreed a 18M deal too. Lewa wants Bayern move.

Milchjon

how is bayern "killing" football again?

bribing officials? threatening players? nazi fans?

The first and the latter actually seem quite probable ;-)

Kidding aside, I've always hated their way of buying any talent in the Bundesliga, and right now it's more egregious than ever. They have a single rival left in the league, and now they're taking their best players? Great sports usually try to retain a modicum of competition...

Wilbur

Banned
If we get Lewandowski, I think we'll be selling Hernandez and dropping Rooney into midfield.

Valencia - Carrick - Rooney - Kagawa
Lewandowski - van Persie

spidye

The first and the latter actually seem quite probable ;-)

Kidding aside, I've always hated their way of buying any talent in the Bundesliga, and right now it's more egregious than ever. They have a single rival left in the league, and now they're taking their best players? Great sports usually try to retain a modicum of competition...

at the same time it's totally fine if dortmund buys reus, gündogan, schieber and many other great talents in the league?

bjaelke

Realyn said:
Sooo, what's new? Stupid Dortmund lovefest, suddenly everyone cares? :)
There was a lot of love last year too. Would probably have been even more if Lewandowski had turned up at the EURO 2012.

Top Bottom