• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Zero148

well I think Dortmund and Bayern said Lewy can leave for 25 million in the summer, but that was before Dortmund knew about the Götze move. The situation has changed and I doubt Dortmund will sell Lewy for the 25 million after yesterday and the Götze news. And I can fully understand that

Realyn

I think he'll move to Bayern.

The same guy says United were also having a look at Benteke. If true, Rooney is either moving into CM, or one of the strikers leave.

Don't get me wrong. I believe aswell that he'll leave. It's just funny how suddenly everybody is quoting his agent like everything he's saying for the past year is true.

Milchjon

at the same time it's totally fine if dortmund buys reus, gündogan, schieber and many other great talents in the league?

No. I'm not. But I'd rather have at least one other team with a shot at keeping up with Bayern than them having no competition at all.

I used to make fun of the Spanish league, and it's sad to see that ours has now reached the same point.

Zero148

at the same time it's totally fine if dortmund buys reus, gündogan, schieber and many other great talents in the league?

Reus to replace Kagawa, Gündogan for Sahin and Schieber for Barrios. Bayern doesn't really need Götze or Lewandowsky (of course they are great additions to their squad, but so far nobody is leaving)

spidye

No. I'm not. But I'd rather have at least one other team with a shot at keeping up with Bayern than them having no competition at all.

I used to make fun of the Spanish league, and it's sad to see that ours has now reached the same point.

far too early to tell. it's was just one season where bayern was much better than the competition.

dortmund destroyed everyone in the league 2 years in succession

Reus to replace Kagawa, Gündogan for Sahin and Schieber for Barrios. Bayern doesn't really need Götze or Lewandowsky (of course they are great additions to their squad, but so far nobody is leaving)

that's not the point. dortmund still buys the biggest talents from other teams like bayern does but no one says they are killing football. It's a double standard in my oppionion

Gambit

you know, the potential Lewandowski deal makes me think Hoeneß/Bayern didn't leak Götze's departure after all. Bayern said they wanted to announce it on Thursday (today). Maybe they wanted to secure Lewa first, before anatagonising Dortmund with Götze. An agreement is far less likely now.

K1LLER7

pffft. Develop Gohan.

Yes yes

I don't really want another striker guyz. Even Rumbo and Lewa seem pointless, unless Rooney actually goes. But I want to keep Pea and Welbz and Gohan.
Agree.

Would rather we used the money to try and get Bale/winger and a good CM. Wouldn't mind seeing how Rooney fairs in CM for the games that are left. See how he copes against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Carrick - Rooney

Zaha - Kagawa - Bale

RVP

Realyn

you know, the potential Lewandowski deal makes me think Hoeneß/Bayern didn't leak Götze's departure after all. Bayern said they wanted to announce it on Thursday (today). Maybe they wanted to secure Lewa first, before anatagonising Dortmund with Götze. An agreement is far less likely now.

Not quite sure I can follow you. Bvb/Klopp knew about Götze for 2 weeks now. Don't you think Lewandowski would get kinda suspicious if Dortmund suddenly offered to double his wage?

How does this make sense when Götze said he's leaving for Bayern weeks ago?

Clegg

We're not signing Bale no matter how much we may actually want that to happen.

I think we'll sign 1 or 2 midfielders and maybe another winger.

that's not the point. dortmund still buys the biggest talents from other teams like bayern does but no one says they are killing football. It's a double standard in my oppionion

Gündogan from Nürnberg, Leitner from 1860, Bittencourt from Cottbus, you make it sound like we buy Leverkusen's best players or something. Those would have joined some other team, anyway.

The only one you could make a point about is Reus. But then you also have Dante and Neustädter.

Timurid

Preview of what's to come:

GiuseppeMarotta.jpg

First target (0%):
ijIyZZsapk5g1.png
or
ibqokmtG7Tdf4k.png

2nd target (35%): Jovetic, Gomez, Higauin or Benzema

3rd target (85%):
iihWQLLqnH60r.png

In the end we'll settle for: Acquafresca

K1LLER7

We're not signing Bale no matter how much we may actually want that to happen.

I think we'll sign 1 or 2 midfielders and maybe another winger.
But Bale will be our new Giggs :O

We'll probably sign some 18yr old for the reserves. Bring Powell up and play him at CM.

spidye

Gündogan from Nürnberg, Leitner from 1860, Bittencourt from Cottbus, you make it sound like we buy Leverkusen's best players or something. Those would have joined some other team, anyway.

The only one you could make a point about is Reus. But then you also have Dante and Neustädter.

nothing wrong with buying other talents. it's their own choice if they want to leave a club.
all I'm saying is why does bayern get a different treatment when it comes to transfers?

Messi

I was tempted to report odd morsel for his abusive private messages but he's had enough of a mare as it:

I don't know where this came from lol

If you want to abuse me Odd do it in front of everyone not hiding behind pm's

Wow what an incredibly petty move, sharing pms.

Fuck sake guys

Salazar

Tancredi always has news. Everyday he's got a story :lol

Today - Neymar to Barca, soon.

Tancredi probably eats a whole jar of nutella on brioche while having his dick sucked - while he wakes up.

Then he saddles up for some twitter

What a life. I don't know how Yurt can hate.

Clegg

Wingers currently registered as United players

Valencia
Young
Nani
Zaha

Nani is probably leaving so that leaves us with two out of form wingers and a 20 year old with no Premier League experience. Zaha also cost £15m. Judging by United's previous transfer activity we usually spend about £40m net per summer.

If we want to bring in some decent players we'll have to offload one or two players currently in the squad. Unless the Glazers loosen the purse strings a bit.

FootballFan

Fucking transfer window will be great (I hope).

Anzhi, Chelsea, Zenit, Man City, Madrid, PSG spending 70m on 1 player.

Barca trading Valdes plus 50m for Lindegaard(sp?)

Rumbo to man utd, Rojas to Liverpool, Wenger buying that new guy called nobody.

Italian clubs getting players on loan with option to buy in yearly installments.

Cornelius, Benteke and Neymar to Barca, while no defenders come our way.

Dortmund being full of cash after reaching CL final, selling Lewa, Gotze, Hummels and Gundagod.

Bayern and Pep stealing more players.

Linius

Fucking transfer window will be great (I hope).

Anzhi, Chelsea, Zenit, Man City, Madrid, PSG spending 70m on 1 player.

Barca trading Valdes plus 50m for Lindegaard(sp?)

Rumbo to man utd, Rojas to Liverpool, Wenger buying that new guy called nobody.

Italian clubs getting players on loan with option to buy in yearly installments.

Cornelius, Benteke and Neymar to Barca, while no defenders come our way.

Dortmund being full of cash after reaching CL final, selling Lewa, Gotze, Hummels and Gundagod.

Bayern and Pep stealing more players.

We get some good defenders. Thiago Silva even dreamt of playing in a Barca kit. Believe!

Top Bottom