• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

So can someone explain to me why any player leaving the shitty portugese league is transfered for at least 20M€ yet a striker demolishing Real Madrid with 4 goals in a CL semi-final is somehow magically only worth 25M?
Why are all teams negotiating with Bundesliga teams so fucking cheap bastards? I'd assume with that many turkish and arab immigrants germans learned how to haggle better.

DerZuhälter;55407016 said:
So can someone explain to me why any player leaving the shitty portugese league is transfered for at least 20M€ yet a striker demolishing Real Madrid with 4 goals in a CL semi-final is somehow magically only worth 25M?
Why are all teams negotiating with Bundesliga teams so fucking cheap bastards? I'd assume with that many turkish and arab immigrants germans learned how to haggle better.
Well Lewa only has a year left on his contract.

You can beat if somebody tried to buy Hummels, Gungodan or Reus it would cost them alot of money, or the buy out clause.

Oxx

DerZuhälter;55407016 said:

Years remaining on contracts?

Korez

310874_10151567671127630_391762677_n.jpg

Zabojnik

I see we're still pretending Lewandowski isn't already a Bayern player. Interesting. In any case, I'm sure Dortmund will find a suitable replacement for both him and Traitor #1. They're a well-oiled machine at this point, so it's just a case of replacing old talent with new talent. They'll be drowning in transfer/CL money come summer, so ... I expect Dortmund to be just as good next year, possibly even better.

Gotze is overrated anyway.

K1LLER7

I see we're still pretending Lewandowski isn't already a Bayern player. Interesting. In any case, I'm sure Dortmund will find a suitable replacement for both him and Traitor #1. They're a well-oiled machine at this point, so it's just a case of replacing old talent with with new talent. They'll be drowning in transfer money come summer, so ... I expect Dormund to be just as good next year, possibly even better.

Gotze is overrated anyway.
Reus >>>Gotze.

Fady K

C'mon Fady, banter is a big part of what makes football so great. Don't worry about what people think about your team or you around here. We're all here to have fun!

Bayern are the real villains. Yesterday never happened.

I agree sleepless. It is fun to watch and read most of the time. I like it when it is more innocent though! You do make a good point though when you say do not worry about what people think of your team or yourself - wise words that I'd benefit from following.

@Fady

Imagine:

A 'friendly' clasico
Juve and Inter exchanging shirts.
Hixx changing his hateful PSN name
United signing YNWA in Anfield.
Wooden supporting Brøndby because they're a historic side and they don't deserve to be relegated
Rafa/odd saying 'Sir' Alex Ferguson
Viva acknowledging Kenny's 'King' status
doicare giving credit to City
A world with no Lunchbox

No one is going to tune in or even post here. Hate is good for football. :p

It can also be a powerful motivational tool for the players. ;)

How are you doing Mr Yurt?

The recent classicos have been far more friendly than before - no brawls or red cards or fights on the sidelines between staff. I like it more that way, even if it isn't as memorable :p

Juve and Inter exchanging shirts? That would be wonderful IMO. If United and Chelsea exchanged shirts or Madrid and Barca did I would love it.

Don't know what Hixx's name is :p

United can't be singing YNWA as it is not their theme thong :p If they sang it though - for a good purpose - like say, a liverpool player got hurt badly and stretchered off in a game against United, I would love it if they did.

Wooden would not have to support brondy to be nice though :p He would at least wish that they avoid relegation for the sake of danish football (right wooden?? :p)

Ferguson being called Sir...I guess it depends on how respectful he is with so and so.

Kenny was no king as a manager :p Even the LFC fans here will say that :p

doicare giving credit to City (when they deserve it) would be a beautiful gesture. (And by giving credit I mean not in a backhanded sort of way :p)

A world with no lunchbox? I would take a nicer version of lunchbox any day of the week :p

Banter is fun, and I agree with you that the hate can be a very motivational factor for the teams and fans alike. My idea to try to avoid hating unless it was for a very special circumstance, etc :D I can see a lot of peoples' points on why it would be boring if hate was not involved though. And to be honest (if it wasn't obvious enough) I'm not free of hate myself. Sometimes I tend to display my dislike for a team or two through some posts of mine, but thankfully it has decreased very much.

I know you are, it was someone else who was draped in that flag :p There were quite a few to be fair, I just thought it was weird.

Fair play, your younger brother has terrible taste in football though ;)

I've always been a Liverpool fan, I started watching football proper during the Evans years - back then European football was a mixture of Eurosport on dodgy satellite, Ceefax and Radio 5 Live. You had to have an imagination to 'watch' football on the radio. Now it's all streams and instant uploads of goals. No more mystery.

Hello there bro :) Ah I see - yeah it is a bit odd huh? To be fair to them many of the people at University followed different countries than their own (most likely due to their respective countries' lack of involvement in the Euro/World cup). What a small world though, bumping into you here and all for the first time since the mid 2000s!

I love his taste though! Always enjoy watching the team for the most part - a lot of drama from time to time, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I admire a lot of the talents involved in the team. I think you have good taste - Liverpool is an admirable club.

We need Fady and Quiche in here to balance the good/bad.

How long till Quiche returns? And Kyle?? Missed having them both on here.

Nope, it's Bayern.

I've been reading a lot about United offers on twitter today. I know, its' twitter. But it has been picking up I think.

Fady pls

You are homo-erotically devouring a Frogie red herring

I think neither Bayern or MUFC should get him. He should go somewhere where he'd be the star of the team, not siding with RVP or Mandzukzcvikzukic.

Wooden would not have to support brondy to be nice though :p He would at least wish that they avoid relegation for the sake of danish football (right wooden?? :p)

Impatiently counting down the days until bankruptcy hits that sewage. Relegation is not enough, let the whole club crash and burn. They haven't been important to Danish football for years and new rivalries are already rising.

Fady K

Impatiently counting down the days until bankruptcy hits that sewage. Relegation is not enough, let the whole club crash and burn.

Is that how i feel United :0??? No..Fady.. NO!

Just kidding :p

Though once upon a time I would have loved that.

I don't mind them doing well, just wish they'd win the title once every 5 years tops.

Zabojnik

Juve and Inter exchanging shirts? That would be wonderful IMO.

Some things must never be, Fady. This is one of them. The fabric of reality would dissolve and the universe would turn into primordial soup, from which Timurid would emerge, for once, victorious.

Wilbur

Banned

I don't mind them doing well, just wish they'd win the title once every 5 years tops.

You're a better man than me. I hope no other team wins a league title again and we get them all.

Honestly at this point a lot of Brøndby supporters even seems to want bankruptcy as it would be easier to start from scratch. :lol

Kenka

If Dortmund and Bayern make it to the final, 14 players from the national team will appear at that level. Imagine the dilemma: you are a CL finalist and still must on the bench comes WC time. Not exactly motivating.

FootballFan

Impatiently counting down the days until bankruptcy hits that sewage. Relegation is not enough, let the whole club crash and burn. They haven't been important to Danish football for years and new rivalries are already rising.

Agreed.

I am a supporter of Nordsjaland, Winston Reid's former team. Back when he was playing for Denmark's u21, before realising he was too good for Denmark so he picked to play for the All Whites.

glory glory nordsland glory glory nordsland

Fady K

jonno73

FEEL THE HATE

Will add you up Hixx. What's so hateful about the name :p?

There's nothing cool about Barca losing 4-0!!

#GTIYH

I didn't mean about Barca losing...I felt dreadful after the game.

The one positive take away from the match is Barca needed a kick up its' arse and I say that as a supporter of theirs'. Too many problems that the team/club continue to ignore and they shouldn't. They are capable of far more if they just patch a few things up.

If Dortmund and Bayern make it to the final, 14 players from the national team will appear at that level. Imagine the dilemma: you are a CL finalist and still must on the bench comes WC time. Not exactly motivating.

Why would anyone in the CL final think of a WC one year later? And that's not even considering they know Jogi Löw is the coach and will bottle it again.

Linius

I support Denmark with all my heart. I want to have more clubs with a good youth programme so they can sell them to us and we can sell them to the big clubs. Fucking foodchain.

Agreed.

I am a supporter of Nordsjaland, Winston Reid's former team. Back when he was playing for Denmark's u21, before realising he was too good for Denmark so he picked to play for the All Whites.

glory glory nordsland glory glory nordsland

Winston Reid never played for Nordsjælland. :lol

I don't like Nordsjælland much either but at least they got more class than Winston Reids ex club : FC Midtjylland. They sold half their players one night to a private investor to get some quick cash, without even letting the players know, haha. They also got youth academies in Africa that are... Questionable.

Fady K

Some things must never be, Fady. This is one of them. The fabric of reality would dissolve and the universe would turn into primordial soup, from which Timurid would emerge, for once, victorious.

It would be a crazy spectacle bro! One that would shatter the hate the longer both sets of fans stare at the screen in shock, disgust, followed by wonder and awe :p

You're a better man than me. I hope no other team wins a league title again and we get them all.

Nothing wrong with that. Every fan should want his team to win everything, everytime as much as they could. I wish the same for Chelsea.

Where we differ (at least now, back then I was a different story) is that I do not wish the worst for United.

Honestly at this point a lot of Brøndby supporters even seems to want bankruptcy as it would be easier to start from scratch. :lol

Yikes! Must be a terrible situation for them. How on Earth did they fall so quickly???

Hixx

Winston Reid never played for Nordsjælland. :lol

I don't like Nordsjælland much either but at least they got more class than Winston Reids ex club : FC Midtjylland. They sold half their players one night to a private investor to get some quick cash, without even letting the players know, haha. They also got youth academies in Africa that are... Questionable.

Midgetland, Nordjailand who cares they both sound like places I want to go to

Kenka

Why would anyone in the CL final think of a WC one year later? And that's not even considering they know Jogi Löw is the coach and will bottle it again.
I don't think there is any coach in Germany now that can lead the NT to the title in Brazil. Heynckes and Sammer could but the former is done with the job and the latter is not a coach per se. So yeah, I am preparing mentally for another glorious semi-final exit to Colombia in one year.

Top Bottom