• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

So far this is the list of keepers linked to Barcelona

Handanovic - great keeper, very unlikely
Courtois - too expensive
Muslera - not a chance
De Gea - haha no way United will get rid of him
Ter-Stegen - good chance
Adler - if the price is right
Ortola - for B team, where Banuz will make the jump to the first team in 2 years.
Guaita - cheap, intermittent, knows spanish football, hate to say it but this one looks like its in pole position. I think its a good 2nd keeper, never a starter.

I rather see a youngster than can develop into a Valdes, rather than an already made keeper that will take team back to the early 2000s where we saw people like Enke, Bonano, Reina, Dutruel, etc.

Nyx

So far this is the list of keepers linked to Barcelona

Handanovic - great keeper, very unlikely
Courtois - too expensive
Muslera - not a chance
De Gea - haha no way United will get rid of him
Ter-Stegen - good chance
Adler - if the price is right
Ortola - for B team, where Banuz will make the jump to the first team in 2 years.
Guaita - cheap, intermittent, knows spanish football, hate to say it but this one looks like its in pole position. I think its a good 2nd keeper, never a starter.

I rather see a youngster than can develop into a Valdes, rather than an already made keeper that will take team back to the early 2000s where we saw people like Enke, Bonano, Reina, Dutruel, etc.

You missed Michel Vorm. (he's been linked to Barca in the Dutch media)

Suen

Random picture of the day:
inter+juventus+pronostico.jpg
Showing the love between the two clubs.

Bull penis is a delicacy in Jamaica. Consuming penises is also very popular in China and other Asian countries. It is said to enhance virility or even considered an aphrodisiac by some.

Nyx

same with Krul, I forgot about the dutch ones.

not sure if I like any of them tbh. I would take stekelenburg before those 2.

Supposedly Michael Laudrup suggested Vorm to the Barca scouts, as he would fit in the style of play perfectly.

Would be a big surprise but I don't see it happening, he'll probably move to Liverpool if Rodgers stays there.

Arnie

Adidas PR?
Shine.

They have accounts like British Airways and Sony. I'm going to ask to work on Sony, apparently they like to put people on accounts they're interested in.
Well done Arnold!

So happy for you!

You gonna be in London then?
I am.

Need to look for accommodation. Thinking East, I spoke to a girl who got it last year and he lives out there.
He's more of a Pete.
Think my role, if they keep me beyond the graduate placement, is account executive.

Rodgers: "There's that little wire in his brain that sometimes acts differently. That's what we're trying to help."

lolercopters

It's cultural Brendan, you can say it.

Edit:

Rodgers citing cultural differences on Suarez: "a lot of South American players do what it takes to win...the way they have been brought up"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Supposedly Michael Laudrup suggested Vorm to the Barca scouts, as he would fit in the style of play perfectly.

Would be a big surprise but I don't see it happening, he'll probably move to Liverpool if Rodgers stays there.

I havent followed underachieverspool this season, what chances are there for Reina to leave?

Nyx

I havent followed underachieverspool this season, what chances are there for Reina to leave?

No idea tbh.

But there was an article on it yesterday here in The Netherlands, Utrecht gets 30% of the transfer fee when Vorm gets sold, and it also said Rodgers wants him at Liverpool.

The latter could just be wishful thinking though, we need da money!

Shine.

They have accounts like British Airways and Sony. I'm going to ask to work on Sony, apparently they like to put people on accounts they're interested in.

I am.

Need to look for accommodation. Thinking East, I spoke to a girl who got it last year and he lives out there.

Think my role, if they keep me beyond the graduate placement, is account executive.
Sounds very exciting! East is probably best for most affordable accommodation.

Me you and Wilbz gon have to meet up so we can shove some halloumi down your throat.

lolercopters

It's cultural Brendan, you can say it.

Edit:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Oh my God.

He didn't.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
No Celtic players nominated for SFA player of the year awards. Hmm. :p

Neil Lennon must be an incredible manager, winning the league by 18+ points and reaching the CL last 16 without even having any of the best players in Scotland.

:lol

Wilbur

Banned
Sounds very exciting! East is probably best for most affordable accommodation.

Me you and Wilbz gon have to meet up so we can shove some halloumi down your throat.

Oh my God.

He didn't.

Can't wait to rub hot rubbery cheese on those knob sucking lips

Once again, Liverpool making fools of themselves. They seemed like they were going to punish Suarez themselves and respect whatever the FA gave him and now they're pussyfooting around the situation.

Neil Lennon must be an incredible manager, winning the league by 18+ points and reaching the CL last 16 without even having any of the best players in Scotland.

Seriously? What the fuck, SFA. Tony Whaa's a shoein

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry, where in there did Rodgers excuse anything?

An explanation and an excuse are not the same thing. You guys are ridiculous.

ex·cuse
/ikˈskyo͞oz/
Verb:
Attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Noun:
A reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.

Synonyms:
verb. pardon - forgive - justify - absolve - remit - condone
noun. pretext - apology - plea - justification - pretence

Seems like he's justifying why exactly Suarez in particular is Captain Bitey of the SS Cunt

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Congrats on winning the league again. ;)

Rodgers on Suarez: "I can't help but look at it and feel punishment has been against man rather than incident."

So hard done by. Why is everyone against Liverpool Football Club and its employees?

Notwithstanding the fact that the punishment is against the man - he's got fucking priors.

GorillaJu

ex·cuse
/ikˈskyo͞oz/
Verb:
Attempt to lessen the blame attaching to (a fault or offense); seek to defend or justify.

Noun:
A reason or explanation put forward to defend or justify a fault or offense.

Synonyms:
verb. pardon - forgive - justify - absolve - remit - condone
noun. pretext - apology - plea - justification - pretence

Seems like he's justifying why exactly Suarez in particular is Captain Bitey of the SS Cunt

Fair enough. To me it doesn't look like he's appealing for sympathy, just understanding.

Wilbur

Banned
Fair enough. To me it doesn't look like he's appealing for sympathy, just understanding.

I just don't think its a good enough reason. There's plenty of players from South America that don't bite people, I don't understand why Suarez does it unless he comes with the disclaimer that he's a sociopath.

I just don't think its a good enough reason. There's plenty of players from South America that don't bite people, I don't understand why Suarez does it unless he comes with the disclaimer that he's a sociopath.

He's embarrassing himself and his club.

Saying Suarez hasn't let him down, grew up in a culture where he learnt survival, does anything to win.

All complete bollocks.

jtb

Banned
He's embarrassing himself and his club.

Saying Suarez hasn't let him down, grew up in a culture where he learnt survival, does anything to win.

All complete bollocks.

Suarez is far more valuable to the club than Rodgers; he knows he has to fall in line.

GorillaJu

Again, I don't think it's a "reason," I don't think anyone's saying "well, he's south american, so it's okay." To me it looks like he's trying to put the incident in the perspective of the game, that he is ultra-competitive and grew up doing anything to win, to deflect any ideas that it was done out of spite or with intent simply to harm without rhyme or reason.

Wilbur

Banned
I have a portfolio of creative lyrics and poetry in tomorrow, and I'm currently in the process of writing haikus for each member of United's first team just because I fucking can

They called you brittle
Until that save in Madrid
Now they know the score

Why’d you cut your hair?
Your tackling doesn’t look right
Even if it is

Top Bottom