• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
fadetoblack said:
As in the shitty blackberry phone or Zlatan coming to Juve and inheriting the #10?

WAIT

Are you telling me there's a NEW phone called Z10?

IT'S A SIGN

Zabo, do you still have your Ibra shirt?

Zabojnik

WAIT

Are you telling me there's a NEW phone called Z10?

IT'S A SIGN

Zabo, do you still have your Ibra shirt?

I do. It could've been eaten by moths by now though. It's been in the drawer since 2006. Haven't pulled it out since then. Not once. Destiny?

BIshgz_CYAIsqCf.jpg

brilliant

ME3 ending was fine, although I had the Extended Cut.

Chose to destroy the Reapers, seems that my Shephard is still alive because I had a high EMS, even though the Catalyst said it would kill me.

blackberry-z10-16.jpg

@Zab, I fucking love sushi. Japanese food is about on equal footing with the Calabrese food I grew up with. Really different schools of thought.

@Yurt, I take it you're on #TeamZ10? I think Zlatan would be a great inclusion to our team.

Edit: Not sure why we're starting Nicky B. There's only, what, 5 games left and we're out of Coppa and Champions. Just fucking play our best 11. End of.

faridmon

So kind.

Seriously though, who do you think can do a better job than Moyes given the resources he's had?

First of all; this myth of Everton being on a budget needs to die. We have invested in talent and bought quite few players on a large amount of sum. In addition to that, we have one the biggest wage structure in the league with the likes of Fellaini, Baines, Jagielka getting upward of 70k and above. Not to mention flops like Saha, Yakubu, Cahil (in his later haydays) wwere all closer to 100k. and I wouldn't be surprised if Mirrales and Jelavich had a large income.

Now that we gotten that out of the way; there are a lot of managers that need that one chance to manage at a large club like Everton. I am not gonna point on a finger at some managers, but there are quiet few astuste tacticians out there that could have a decent spell at the club. After all, we don't have the Ego of some of the top team, the fans can be patient and Bill won't fire the trigger as soon as some of those lunatics. We are stable cub with no pressure and I believe many manager can feel at home doing their thing.

Jorgen Klopp managed only at Mainz. Whilst the club was known for their tactical pace to play a decent football, they weren't really more special, than say Eintracht Frankfurt this year, MonchenGladbach last year and Hannover the season before. They did well, but Dortmund took a large gamble with him (ut again, they couldn't do any worse at that time since they were at the end of going poof)

I think we need a major shake up. Its not only Moyes, but I want the whole structure to be changed. We are stagnant and players feel pleased to be the ''almost'' club. Yes, we dn't have resources, but so doesn't many clubs in the world. Milan for example. We became 4rth few years back because of team effort, but the longer Moyes stay as a manager the longer he relies on individuals liek Fellaini, Arteta, Jalevich, Saha, Baines, etc... and when one of them doesn't perform well, he just breaks apart and can't see how to fix the problem.

I would honestly go for achange even if it means few years of being 13th as long as osme positive comes out of it. We are doing in the Junior League and players like Barkely and Duffy are doing well. We do have some future prospect. System needs to tinkered with if success is being wanted. At the moment, we are ''almost'' team and will stay that way as long as Moyes have his mentality/stays.

He can stay, but he needs to change his tactics dramatically if he wants me to accept him as a manager.

faridmon

Zab, I fucking love sushi. Japanese food is about on equal footing with the Calabrese food I grew up with. Really different schools of thought.

I never had a sushi before. It feels liek I am missing something.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
First of all; this myth of Everton being on a budget needs to die. We have invested in talent and bought quite few players on a large amount of sum. In addition to that, we have one the biggest wage structure in the league with the likes of Fellaini, Baines, Jagielka getting upward of 70k and above. Not to mention flops like Saha, Yakubu, Cahil (in his later haydays) wwere all closer to 100k. and I wouldn't be surprised if Mirrales and Jelavich had a large income.

Now that we gotten that out of the way; there are a lot of managers that need that one chance to manage at a large club like Everton. I am not gonna point on a finger at some managers, but there are quiet few astuste tacticians out there that could have a decent spell at the club. After all, we don't have the Ego of some of the top team, the fans can be patient and Bill won't fire the trigger as soon as some of those lunatics. We are stable cub with no pressure and I believe many manager can feel at home doing their thing.

Jorgen Klopp managed only at Mainz. Whilst the club was known for their tactical pace to play a decent football, they weren't really more special, than say Eintracht Frankfurt this year, MonchenGladbach last year and Hannover the season before. They did well, but Dortmund took a large gamble with him (ut again, they couldn't do any worse at that time since they were at the end of going poof)

I think we need a major shake up. Its not only Moyes, but I want the whole structure to be changed. We are stagnant and players feel pleased to be the ''almost'' club. Yes, we dn't have resources, but so doesn't many clubs in the world. Milan for example. We became 4rth few years back because of team effort, but the longer Moyes stay as a manager the longer he relies on individuals liek Fellaini, Arteta, Jalevich, Saha, Baines, etc... and when one of them doesn't perform well, he just breaks apart and can't see how to fix the problem.

I would honestly go for achange even if it means few years of being 13th as long as osme positive comes out of it. We are doing in the Junior League and players like Barkely and Duffy are doing well. We do have some future prospect. System needs to tinkered with if success is being wanted. At the moment, we are ''almost'' team and will stay that way as long as Moyes have his mentality/stays.

He can stay, but he needs to change his tactics dramatically if he wants me to accept him as a manager.

His love for Naismith is what bothers me this season. He shows very little skill when he is played out of position every single game. Put on Oviedo instead.

There's another Scottish manager who's actually won things, and is out of a job. Already lives in Liverpool as well.

faridmon

His love for Naismith is what bothers me this season. He shows very little skill when he is played out of position every single game. Put on Oviedo instead.

He always have his favourites and I really can't take it anymore. Oviodo is talent ebing wasted on bench.

How difficult can it be? if the players don't perform well, don't bloody play them.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Yurt, I take it you're on #TeamZ10? I think Zlatan would be a great inclusion to our team.
Yes! We'll use him like the high profile hooker he's made himself out to be. BUT only if it makes sense financially, no need to pay over the odds for him. We should try and get someone younger first to help Lion King.

Edit: Not sure why we're starting Nicky B. There's only, what, 5 games left and we're out of Coppa and Champions. Just fucking play our best 11. End of.

It's based on this>

Nicklas Bendtner ‏@bendtnerb52 9m
I am all over that!

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
He always have his favourites and I really can't take it anymore. Oviodo is talent ebing wasted on bench.

How difficult can it be? if the players don't perform well, don't bloody play them.

Heintinga continues to be awful this season and Duffy hasn't gotten a chance. I also don't like that Vellios has been banished to the reserves when he has been decent in his limited minutes.

I never had a sushi before. It feels liek I am missing something.

Sushi, like artisan beer when you want to get into it, takes a couple goes to get used to it. A lot of people get squeamish about the raw fish but they're dumb because it's fine. But once I got a taste for it, I couldn't get enough.

The elegant simplicity of Japanese food really appeals to me.

Wilbur

Banned

I wouldn't disagree with that, but its all relative; your best players are on 70k, right? But the reason you can afford that is a) being part of the lucrative Premier League and b) finishing where you do in the table. Now taking into consideration that you've consistently been one of the top 7 teams in the league, all six others in that group (meaning United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool) all spend more than you on wages and transfers. That means in the select elite group that you'll want to be contesting with, you are on a budget compared to them. You make little to no revenue in other avenues, so on field success needs to be maximised to get money for your squad.

The thing is, that saying there's a few astute tacticians is all well and good out of context. But would those astute tacticians want to work at Everton, where there's a glass ceiling in terms of achievement? Would they be willing to leave current clubs? Would they adhere to the fact that Everton can only spend as much money as they make by league achievement, as opposed to other forms of income?

You make the point yourself that Dortmund weren't necessarily in a position to hold out for a top top class manager by reputation; they picked one on ability of course, but no one predicted Dortmund would be where they are so quickly. Klopp is the exception rather than the mean.

That's a good point to be honest, that they're pleased to be the almost club. But Milan are owned by the most (maybe not anymore lolz) powerful man in Italy. You're not. And I'd dispute the point that individuals make Everton such a good team. It's the cohesion of the group as a whole that makes you so hard to beat. Baines + Pienaar team up, organisation between the whole defence and keeper, diligent work on both flanks and from the front when Anichebe plays.

faridmon

Heintinga continues to be awful this season and Duffy hasn't gotten a chance. I also don't like that Vellios has been banished to the reserves when he has been decent in his limited minutes.

Please, don't remind me. I can't take it. I gave up long time ago.
At least Jalevich is being relegated to the bench and Anichebie is getting a chance.

faridmon

I wouldn't disagree with that, but its all relative; your best players are on 70k, right? But the reason you can afford that is a) being part of the lucrative Premier League and b) finishing where you do in the table. Now taking into consideration that you've consistently been one of the top 7 teams in the league, all six others in that group (meaning United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool) all spend more than you on wages and transfers. That means in the select elite group that you'll want to be contesting with, you are on a budget compared to them. You make little to no revenue in other avenues, so on field success needs to be maximised to get money for your squad.

The thing is, that saying there's a few astute tacticians is all well and good out of context. But would those astute tacticians want to work at Everton, where there's a glass ceiling in terms of achievement? Would they be willing to leave current clubs? Would they adhere to the fact that Everton can only spend as much money as they make by league achievement, as opposed to other forms of income?

You make the point yourself that Dortmund weren't necessarily in a position to hold out for a top top class manager by reputation; they picked one on ability of course, but no one predicted Dortmund would be where they are so quickly. Klopp is the exception rather than the mean.

That's a good point to be honest, that they're pleased to be the almost club. But Milan are owned by the most (maybe not anymore lolz) powerful man in Italy. You're not. And I'd dispute the point that individuals make Everton such a good team. It's the cohesion of the group as a whole that makes you so hard to beat. Baines + Pienaar team up, organisation between the whole defence and keeper, diligent work on both flanks and from the front when Anichebe plays.

Great points, but I disagree with you. I would love to answer you but I really have deadline to work on and I should get back to it. I apologise.
can I answer this later tomorrow?

faridmon

Might as well ask; Does anyone here know about Fire Precations in builings, Fire escape procudure and Fire Regulations? preferably in Shopping Centers?

WJD

So apparently someone in the US has used my Paypal to buy a fucking $90 baby monitor.

I've changed all the relevant security things and ran both MSI and Malwarebytes which have both come up clean. Am I safe now or should I be running any more checks?

Slizz

So apparently someone in the US has used my Paypal to buy a fucking $90 baby monitor.

I've changed all the relevant security things and ran both MSI and Malwarebytes which have both come up clean. Am I safe now or should I be running any more checks?

Tbh I'd just close that old account regardless of security measures and make a new one.

Are you sure you didn't get drunk, fly to Vegas, get a girl pregnant, gave her your paypal details to buy stuff for the baby, then fly back home whilst still drunk, get into bed and go to sleep and wake up in the morning not remembering anything?

Sage00

Once And Future Member
odd, do you eat sushi? If so, is it really as amazing in Japan as I expect it to be?
I don't know about other countries since it might just be particularly bad here. But I thought sushi was completely disgusting.

Then I lived in Japan for a few months and ate it maybe 4 or 5 times a week. So. fucking. good. ;_;

faridmon

IThen I lived in Japan for a few months and ate it maybe 4 or 5 times a week. So. fucking. good. ;_;

how many each time? Aren't they really small and could be finished with it all being consumed once?

Damn it gaf, I need to finish my assignment

Jin_7

My personal prediction is Draxler to Dortmund and have either him or Gündogan play Götze's old position.

That would be worse than Götze to Bayern. Schalke fans would be mad as hell.
There's probably no better replacement for Götze but I don't know if I would like it.
Would be surprised if that actually happens.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
how many each time? Aren't they really small and could be finished with it all being consumed once?

Damn it gaf, I need to finish my assignment
You get pretty big portions actually - Japanese lunches especially are massive. Being from the UK I was used to having a couple sandwiches for lunch or something but there it's by far the biggest meal of the day.

You're probably thinking of Nigiri which is like the strips of raw fish on little 'islands' of rice - you'd usually only get maybe 4-6 of those yeah, but it's really high quality stuff.

What I and most other people I knew usually got was Chirashizushi - basically a pretty big bowl of various stuff on top of vinegered rice. Something like this:

And you'd better eat it all because all you'll get later for dinner are some shared food at a pub or ramen if you're lucky. Kind of the reverse of here. Thank the lord Kaz for fried chicken at 7/11 all hours of the night, saved me sometimes.

I'm studying for a final at 9.30am tomorrow. :(

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone noticed that Kirk in the new Star Trek game looks a lot like Götze?

KirkStarTrekGame.jpg

Even his suit is black and yellow.

faridmon

You get pretty big portions actually - Japanese lunches especially are massive. Being from the UK I was used to having a couple sandwiches for lunch or something but there it's by far the biggest meal of the day.

You're probably thinking of Nigiri which is like the strips of raw fish on little 'islands' of rice - you'd usually only get maybe 4-6 of those yeah, but it's really high quality stuff.

What I and most other people I knew usually got was Chirashizushi - basically a pretty big bowl of various stuff on top of vinegered rice. Something like this:

And you'd better eat it all because all you'll get later for dinner are some shared food at a pub or ramen if you're lucky. Kind of the reverse of here. Thank the lord Kaz for fried chicken at 7/11 all hours of the night, saved me sometimes.

I'm studying for a final at 9.30am tomorrow. :(

OK, that looks awsome. To be fair, in my culture, Lunch is also the biggest meal of the day so I'll probably cope well with that change of meal status.

Brothers in study-arms good luck. I have crit at that time as well. and I am not close to finish it

Top Bottom