• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jtb is back

crying-gif-2.gif

They're incredible.

If Dortmund lose in the final to Bayern I genuinely think I might cry

I like both of them so it's fine by me. :p

Again, I don't think it's a "reason," I don't think anyone's saying "well, he's south american, so it's okay." To me it looks like he's trying to put the incident in the perspective of the game, that he is ultra-competitive and grew up doing anything to win, to deflect any ideas that it was done out of spite or with intent simply to harm without rhyme or reason.
Do you seriously think Suarez being South American has anything to do with him biting people?

Wilbur

Banned
Get off Twitter, mate
You’re better at blocking balls
Than you are the trolls

I used to be scared
That you’d mess up once a game
But you’ve proved me wrong

GorillaJu

Do you seriously think Suarez being South American has anything to do with him biting people?

Errr, no of course I don't. I do think how he grew up playing the game factors into how he plays now as a professional, but people grow up impoverished all over the world and become sports stars, despite financial adversity. It's not exclusive to South America.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cavani.Lucio-590x393.jpg

lucio_e_chiellini_0.jpg

Nono ehi Yurt. Pics day

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vJp5TDZjBXE/TqB6I5_cTYI/AAAAAAAABQA/NlhL4kEdRCY/s400/Andrea%2BFortunato%2B3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://cdn.corrieredellosport.it/images/10/C_3_Media_1467610_immagine_oleft.jpg[IMG]

And of course

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK_rXn0HPYI[/url][/QUOTE]

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

(and RIP Andrea Fortunato <3)

[quote="no fun allowed, post: 55416792"][IMG]http://i7.minus.com/i5k4lfGFudvnC.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Cool moment.

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/jbxqEZd26aQ4Gd.jpg

Zabojnik

Errr, no of course I don't. I do think how he grew up playing the game factors into how he plays now as a professional, but people grow up impoverished all over the world and become sports stars, despite financial adversity. It's not exclusive to South America.
So then why is Rodger's going on about Suarez "growing up in a country where he learnt survival".

It's totally irrelevant.

Anyways, we obv won't agree but Rodgers would have been better off not saying anything at all. If he wants to put Suarez biting somebody into perspective and context, he's wasting his time.

It was totally senseless.

GorillaJu

So then why is Rodger's going on about Suarez "growing up in a country where he learnt survival".

It's totally irrelevant.

Anyways, we obv won't agree but Rodgers would have been better off not saying anything at all. If he wants to put Suarez biting somebody into perspective and context, he's wasting his time.

It was totally senseless.

He is asked to speak, and he is probably contractually obligated to keep dialog to some degree, with the press. He can't just say "nothing."

And if you're asking for a manager to hang their own player out to dry, then you're being silly. No good manager would give the kind of answers that you really want to hear.

He is asked to speak, and he is probably contractually obligated to keep dialog to some degree, with the press. He can't just say "nothing."

And if you're asking for a manager to hang their own player out to dry, then you're being silly. No good manager would give the kind of answers that you really want to hear.
Well, he could very easily say he doesn't want to speak about it. Alot of managers do and have done that, including Dalglish and Benitez at Liverpool in the recent past.

I'm not saying he should have hung him out to dry. He could have gone along with what Ian Ayre said in the club statement about being disappointed with the ban.

Mentioning Suarez's upbringing really has nothing to do with this, his will to win has nothing to do with it. Remarkable, at least to me, he even thought it was worth mentioning.

Wilbur

Banned
Let's play guess who, haiku with the Manchester United XI

Why’d you cut your hair?
Your tackling doesn’t look right
Even if it is

You’re still a fat load
The same every pre-season
Forgiven you? Nope

They called you brittle
Until that save in Madrid
Now they know the score

Some of them doubted
But not I, oh Super one
Love that pass and move

Get off Twitter, mate
You’re better at blocking balls
Than you are the trolls

You used to run past
Every full back in the league
What the fuck went wrong?

You’re a left back, lad
Get back in your fucking place
And tackle Gareth

Easy balls and hard
Never believe it’s not Scholes
Pulling all the strings&#8232;

I used to be scared
That you’d mess up once a game
But you’ve proved me wrong

From the east you came
And it hasn’t been easy
But I keep the faith

Transfer of the year
Can’t believe I doubted you
So thank you, Arsene

LegoArmo

He bit Ivanovic, which caused Chelsea's defenders to be scared to get too close to him, and this is why he was wide open for the last minute headed goal. Smart, and brilliant will to win.

GorillaJu

Well, he could very easily say he doesn't want to speak about it. Alot of managers do and have done that, including Dalglish and Benitez at Liverpool in the recent past.

I'm not saying he should have hung him out to dry. He could have gone along with what Ian Ayre said in the club statement about being disappointed with the ban.

Mentioning Suarez's upbringing really has nothing to do with this, his will to win has nothing to do with it. Remarkable, at least to me, he even thought it was worth mentioning.

It just seems like such a non-issue, that he said this. What is most remarkable is how much is made of what managers say. I mean, your manager talks shit all the time, but I've never once been upset or shocked at any words he's said. I expect people in the public eye to just say stupid shit. It's the way of the world. My country was led for 8 years by someone who couldn't keep himself from sounding like a moron every time he opened his mouth.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
What about the anime? Is it a 1:1 adaptation?
Pretty much, it's one of the longest running anime of this kind I've seen - about 90 eps I think? Not exactly 1:1 but close enough. It's definitely 100% worth a watch btw, despite any criticisms I have of the lack of realism at times, an all-time great.

Pennywise

Pretty much, it's one of the longest running anime of this kind I've seen - about 90 eps I think? Not exactly 1:1 but close enough. It's definitely 100% worth a watch btw, despite any criticisms I have of the lack of realism at times, an all-time great.

95% close.
74 episodes of glory.

Lady and I've been dating since September. Still going well, though, as I said before, it means less free weekend time for calcio. Also means less time for FootyGAF but I'm always around, at least lurking.

Just got back from three weeks in NYC and Toronto. Went to Met Opera (DOMINGOOOOOOO), Canadian Opera Company, Carnegie Hall, every museum imaginable (Metropolitan Museum of Art is better than anything I've seen in Britain), went to Empire State, CN Tower, Niagara Falls.... yeah. Did loads of stuff, and last night I slept like fat Ronaldo after lunch.

Also, I ate this pastrami sandwich at Katz deli, and its so fucking good why can't there be more Jewish delis in the uk?

And random football photo day?

zlatan-juventus-zlatan-ibrahimovic-175030_485_594.jpg

GorillaJu

Man I love a good pastrami sandwich. I've been to the Katz in LA and I had the Reuben there. Fucking hell, it's delicious. In Japan you get more mayo than you do meat it seems. :(

Fade, are you #TeamZ10 ?

Juventus-Nedved-and-Ibrahimovic-celebrate-0000002237.jpg

As in the shitty blackberry phone or Zlatan coming to Juve and inheriting the #10?

If the former? Fuck no, but it'd still be an upgrade from my awful and cheap Samsung Galaxy Apollo. If Zlatan? Yes, I'll take him back. He's an upgrade on all of our strikers.

Top Bottom