• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Says the guy who believe Jesus wanted a draw instead of winning. OK, guy. If you want to draw games instead of winning them, you're in the wrong club.

dude...

did you read what i typed?

when Jesus finally decided to field a more attacking team he:

- subbed out Aimar for Gaitan, leaving the build-up play to Matic
- subbed out Ola for Rodrigo, to give Cardozo support up front
- subbed out defensive Gomes for attacking Martins

which is, in essence, the team that would've started had Jesus want to press the action from the get go. he didn't, the starting 11 was clearly a defensive team.

hell, replace Ola with Gaitan, Gomes with Enzo and Lima starting with Cardozo and you have the 2nd leg team, plus Luisão returning in the place of Jardel.

You have delusions of grandeur and honestly believe Benfica are much, much better than they really are. Your ridiculous arrogance in this thread is proof.

Benfica is lucky.

dude, i'm giving you, on plate, an analysis of what hap...

what's the point. it's like talking to a door.

Andrefpvs

C6Ym29J.jpg

I couldn't help but chuckle.

Ahaha!

rvy

Banned
dude...

did you read what i typed?

when Jesus finally decided to field a more attacking team he:

- subbed out Aimar for Gaitan, leaving the build-up play to Matic
- subbed out Ola for Rodrigo, to give Cardozo support up front
- subbed out defensive Gomes for attacking Martins

which is, in essence, the team that would've started had Jesus want to press the action from the get go. he didn't, the starting 11 was clearly a defensive team.

hell, replace Ola with Gaitan, Gomes with Enzo and Lima starting with Cardozo and you have the 2nd leg team, plus Luisão returning in the place of Jardel.

The starting 11 was a counter-attacking team. The point was to catch Fener off balance and score a goal or two and get this over with as soon as possible. It's the reason why he played Aimar in the first place, to get some through balls going.
Which would have actually worked if Salvio didn't have his head up his ass.

dude, i'm giving you, on plate, an analysis of what hap...

Sure, sure.

Suen

Benfica GAF can't even agree with each other. It's like there is a Barca and Madrid split IN Benfica-GAF.

Lambda, rvy <3

just read Fascim comment. doesn't bother me for 2 reasons:

- we're not undefeated
- seems more of a burn on Newcastle, Leverkussen and Bordeaux than us, to be honest

Suen

You fucking cunt.
............../´¯/)...........(\¯`\
............/....//..............\\....\
.........../....//................\\....\
...../´¯/..../´¯\.........../¯`\....\¯`\
.././.../..../..../.|_......_|.\....\....\...\.\..
(.(....(....(..../.)..)..(..(.\....)....)....).)
.\................\/.../....\...\/................/
..\................. /........\................../
....\..............(............)............../
......\.............\.........../...............
Juve-love!

Facism

Gold Member
Benfica GAF can't even agree with each other. It's like there is a Barca and Madrid split IN Benfica-GAF.

Lambda, rvy <3

It's what happens when the ivory tower falls and prosperity ceases. Countryman turns against countryman, fear and uncertainty leading to self-interest and cannabilism.

The borders are ripe for carving.

Suen

just read Fascim comment. doesn't bother me for 2 reasons:

- we're not undefeated
- seems more of a burn on Newcastle, Leverkussen and Bordeaux than us, to be honest
Only Newcastle, get bent Newcastle-GAF

Honestly I think Fenerbahce has a chance of winning if they manage to score an away-goal. I won't be surprised if they go all offensive at first and then park the bus once they have that away-goal. I guess the result today will force Jesus to use an offensive team from the get go in the home leg.

The starting 11 was a counter-attacking team. The point was to catch Fener off balance and score a goal or two and get this over with as soon as possible. It's the reason why he played Aimar in the first place, to get some through balls going.
Which would have actually worked if Salvio didn't have his head up his ass.

Aimar is best suited for continuous attacking play, with wingers ahead of him and a unit supporting him in the middle, helping connecting midfield and forwards.

his passing rate goes down the shitter when he only got 1 man in front of him, which was what happened today. Cardozo was backing down to receive the ball, leaving only either Ola or Salvio as options for Aimar.

not the smartest gameplan from Jesus but again, he knows the limitations of the team better than anyone.

if he truly wanted to score a goal or two, he should've start with an offensive team, dealing constant pressure to Fenerbache backline.

rvy

Banned
Aimar is best suited for continuous attacking play, with wingers ahead of him and a unit supporting him in the middle, helping connecting midfield and forwards.

his passing rate goes down the shitter when he only got 1 man in front of him, which was what happened today. Cardozo was backing down to receive the ball, leaving only either Ola or Salvio as options for Aimar.

not the smartest gameplan from Jesus but again, he knows the limitations of the team better than anyone.

if he truly wanted to score a goal or two, he should've start with an offensive team, dealing constant pressure to Fenerbache backline.

But that wouldn't have worked because the pitch was shit. Benfica can't play like usual since they can't pass the ball around in that shit pitch. Your option was to have someone recover the ball to create a counter and hope that Aimar would do something with it.
That's also why Cardozo started instead of Lima and Rodrigo.

Of course Aimar is best suited for attacking possession play, but you can't have possession when the pitch is so shit that passing the ball around is hard because of it. Martins can't pass the ball, Aimar was the only choice.

ILvane

lol
Honestly I think Fenerbahce has a chance of winning if they manage to score an away-goal. I won't be surprised if they go all offensive at first and then park the bus once they have that away-goal.

yeah, an away-goal may be too much to handle for benfica.

galata beats madrid and plays good overall, fener has a legitimate chance for the final, and we get beaten (4-1) by the recently-promoted akhisar.
wonderful.

Benfica Gaf is so cute. Hug it out.

i ain't gonna hug another man.

#nohugsforbros

But that wouldn't have worked because the pitch was shit. Benfica can't play like usual since they can't pass the ball around in that shit pitch. Your option was to have someone recover the ball to create a counter and hope that Aimar would do something with it.
That's also why Cardozo started instead of Lima and Rodrigo.

Of course Aimar is best suited for attacking possession play, but you can't have possession when the pitch is so shit that passing the ball around is hard because of it. Martins can't pass the ball, Aimar was the only choice.

it's in general, but, i never like the "it's the pitch" excuse.

marquesreservado2.jpg

Comércio e Indústria é Setúbal, não me digas que és meu vizinho.

nascido e criado.

joguei no V. Setúbal entre os 12 e os 15, parei porque dei cabo do joelho.

depois via VHS's (lol) no Comércio durante duas épocas para fazer analise. como deves imaginar, ver jogos do Palmelense e Monte Caparica era fascinante.

Meier

Google translate is working pretty well for their conversation. My Porto side constantly shitting on Vit. Setubal in FM (and FIFA) is the only way I know who they are. Sorry to hear about your knee!

Kenka

Lambda and rvy, I think Mumei speaks Portuguese. Calm down, you look like a kindergarten, a whole kindergarten impersonated by two children.

Google translate is working pretty well for their conversation. My Porto side constantly shitting on Vit. Setubal in FM (and FIFA) is the only way I know who they are. Sorry to hear about your knee!

and in real life too. been almost 30 years since they last defeated Porto.

MrKaepora

Lambda and rvy, I think Mumei speaks Portuguese. Calm down, you look like a kindergarten, a whole kindergarten impersonated by two children.

They didn't say anything bad towards other members and are talking about celebrating the championship at Marquês de Pombal.

Oh, and our friend Lambda played football.

Suen

lol

yeah, an away-goal may be too much to handle for benfica.

galata beats madrid and plays good overall, fener has a legitimate chance for the final, and we get beaten (4-1) by the recently-promoted akhisar.
wonderful.
Despite being a Madrid fan I skipped the Galata - Madrid game after Ronaldo scored that early goal. Anyone knew the game was over by then so watched Dortmund - Malaga instead....and it was worth it. I did keep myself updated on what was happening though and for a moment I was afraid that Galatasaray was going to make it. I'm pretty impressed by how far they made it in CL and this might also be why they are in the first spot in the domestic league, though that is a wild guess from me as I don't know much about the Turkish League.

Fener are definitely the underdogs and I think most people would prefer a Benfica - Chelsea final but we'll see. Personally I don't mind any of the two, Fener or Benfica but Benfica can be (and are) a tough opponent at home so they will put pressure on Fener. This won't be a Lazio behind closed doors, far from it.

Besiktas got beaten by a newly promoted team? 4-1 on top of it...that's really weird, you guys are third but it seems that there will be a race for the third spot. Hey cheer up, we lost against Granada......by an own goal scored by our very own Ronaldo <3

spidye

That's interesting.

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_bundesliga/newspage_658288.html

"Zwischen den Jahren hat er uns informiert, dass er den Verein im Sommer wechseln möchte, um den nächsten Schritt zu gehen. Am Donnerstag wurden wir darüber informiert, dass er zum FC Bayern wechseln möchte. Das ist alles sehr sauber und korrekt gelaufen", lobte Heidel.

"Everything went very smooth and correct", commended Heidel.

And now he's crying because everyone does? Spineless wanker.

hahahahaha that's fucking typical from heidel

the one time he takes watzke's dick out of his mouth he sprouts his typical bullshit.

get bent mainz. get fucking bent

Why aren't you supporting Vitoria instead? You even played for them, or so my google translate tells me.

i never supported Vitoria, only played for them. most of the kids there were either Benfica or Sporting fans. none of us hid it.

i've been cheering Benfica pretty much since i was 2 or 3, or so my father says.

Top Bottom