• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Korez

P3222566_zpse04fb1fd.jpg

P3222562_zps1a8b07b6.jpg

rvy

Banned
nascido e criado.

joguei no V. Setúbal entre os 12 e os 15, parei porque dei cabo do joelho.

depois via VHS's (lol) no Comércio durante duas épocas para fazer analise. como deves imaginar, ver jogos do Palmelense e Monte Caparica era fascinante.

Foda-se, o Mundo é pequeno. Palmelense <3. Cada vez que vejo um jogo dos gajos dói-me a cabeça, mas o Edu não é mau treinador. Conheço vários gajos que lá jogaram, no Vitória não conheço muito, só o Fernando Trindade que é pai de um amigo meu e jogou lá uns anos, não sei se é da tua altura. Moro ao pé de Palmela, btw. Mas não sou de cá.

You probably support Spartak
and Liverpool
in secret. Forza CSKA, Forza Zenitprom!

This thread is interesting. Members getting called out apparently, not that it was the purpose of the thread...

i read some pages of the original Boston thread. it came across as attention whores going "I KNOW WHO THE KILLER IS!! I GOT INFO! LOOK AT THIS PHOTO, IT'S CLEARLY PERSON X OR Y!", trying to upstage each other and jumping to conclusions. i always avoid posting in those threads.

Foda-se, o Mundo é pequeno. Palmelense <3. Cada vez que vejo um jogo dos gajos dói-me a cabeça, mas o Edu não é mau treinador. Conheço vários gajos que lá jogaram, no Vitória não conheço muito, só o Fernando Trindade que é pai de um amigo meu e jogou lá uns anos, não sei se é da tua altura. Moro ao pé de Palmela, btw. Mas não sou de cá.

o Trindade é muito antes do meu tempo, só tenho 30, ele jogava nos anos 80.

i never supported Vitoria, only played for them. most of the kids there were either Benfica or Sporting fans. none of us hid it.

i've been cheering Benfica pretty much since i was 2 or 3, or so my father says.

A whole team of glory hunter, mercenaries. No wonder Vitoria is shit :p

I'm just kidding with you though. Did you ever play with/against anyone that ended up being remotely successful/recognizable name?

Wilbur

Banned

I'm just kidding with you though. Did you ever play with/against anyone that ended up being remotely successful/recognizable name?

At the pub last week with three workmates, I found out:

- one is cousins with Deco
- one, when working at another Nandos, used to speak to Zaha all the time because he came in often
- one used to play for a Hungarian schoolboys team and played against a team with Klose in, and won 2-0

no.

if i was 3 years younger, i could've gotten the chance to play Ronaldo when he was in the Sporting youth squads.

edit: not a player, but i used to see Mourinho all the time. his dad still lives in the same place.

Suen

i read some pages of the original Boston thread. it came across as attention whores going "I KNOW WHO THE KILLER IS!! I GOT INFO! LOOK AT THIS PHOTO, IT'S CLEARLY PERSON X OR Y!", trying to upstage each other and jumping to conclusions. i always avoid posting in those threads.
Yeah you basically described my feelings of that thread. Lurked a bit there and it really looked like people cared more about getting attention and being some important special "force" in solving the situation rather than remaining calm and wait for more information before drawing hasty conclusions. Left the thread after getting a dose of that.

As if their son missing wasn't bad enough, then to be accused of being a terrorist, only to be found dead.
Yep, the accusation of being a terrorist was already bad enough and had already hurted his image permanently. This certainly didn't ease their pain.

Calling someone who supports Sporting a glory hunter is a bit ridiculous. If you had said a pain and suffering hunter then you would be right.

Suen

Who else watched the Fener game? How unlucky were they? They hit the goal poles 4-5 times and missed a penalty. It hurts.
Aren't you a Galata supporter? I can't find you on the list at the first page.

Btw I missed those balls that hit the posts.....but it does remind me of Cissé hitting the post twice(?) when Newcastle played away against Benfica. This is a bad sign for Fener :lol

Calling someone who supports Sporting a glory hunter is a bit ridiculous. If you had said a pain and suffering hunter then you would be right.

This was years ago though. Weren't Sporting more successful then? Certainly more so than Vitoria, no?

no.

if i was 3 years younger, i could've gotten the chance to play Ronaldo when he was in the Sporting youth squads.

edit: not a player, but i used to see Mourinho all the time. his dad still lives in the same place.

Damn. Imagine pulling off a dirty, two-footed, late, Paul Scholes-esque tackle on a young, petulant Ronaldo. Would have been glorious.

At the pub last week with three workmates, I found out:

- one is cousins with Deco
- one, when working at another Nandos, used to speak to Zaha all the time because he came in often
- one used to play for a Hungarian schoolboys team and played against a team with Klose in, and won 2-0
Yeah, I saw you post this earlier. Still awesome though. Love stories like that. I wish I had some like that. Closest I have is my buddy meeting Alex Ovechkin(beast Russian hockey player) when the Olympics were here in Vancouver in 2010

Aren't you a Galata supporter? I can't find you on the list at the first page.

Btw I missed those balls that hit the posts.....but it does remind me of Cissé hitting the post twice(?) when he played away against Benfica. This is a bad sign for Fener :lol

Galata is not on the first page however :( I really wanted Fener to put Benfica in their place because they were acting arrogant, and now it just hurt seeing they made only 1 goal and missed 5-6 easy chances... Benfica will not show mercy on the return... :/

You guys should have seen the goal I scored at football tonight. I think I said this before, but if Goals were smart they would set up cameras and let you buy a video of your game from them.

I took the ball past everyone and scored. Didn't even pass it once. Meus would have hated it.

rvy

Banned
o Trindade é muito antes do meu tempo, só tenho 30, ele jogava nos anos 80.

Mas sabes quem é então. Masé escrever em inglês senão eles choram.

Did you ever play with/against anyone that ended up being remotely successful/recognizable name?

Mourinho's father was my father's coach. He used to go from Setúbal to Portalegre (big trip in those days) by car to watch his father coach the local team. Usually sat on the stands looking at players and taking notes because his father asked him to.
That's about it as far as shit like this that I remember. I never played anyone remotely important and I didn't play much time either.

That's interesting.

http://www.sport1.de/de/fussball/fussball_bundesliga/newspage_658288.html

"Zwischen den Jahren hat er uns informiert, dass er den Verein im Sommer wechseln möchte, um den nächsten Schritt zu gehen. Am Donnerstag wurden wir darüber informiert, dass er zum FC Bayern wechseln möchte. Das ist alles sehr sauber und korrekt gelaufen", lobte Heidel.

"Everything went very smooth and correct", commended Heidel.

And now he's crying because everyone does? Spineless wanker.

I'm tired of it because there's no way Bayern fans will change their mind about it. But just one thing to think about: Heidel might have talked about his player there, not Bayern. Especially when you read the part before.

Randdalf

This was years ago though. Weren't Sporting more successful then? Certainly more so than Vitoria, no?

I saw that Vitoria team play Portsmouth at Fratton Park, one of the most dire teams I've ever seen play a game of football. We were then equally as dire when we played at their ground and only just scraped through.

Wilbur

Banned
You guys should have seen the goal I scored at football tonight. I think I said this before, but if Goals were smart they would set up cameras and let you buy a video of your game from them.

I took the ball past everyone and scored. Didn't even pass it once. Meus would have hated it.

dat one sided triangle

Daniel B. &#8207;@dan_bu 4m
Lewandowski has already signed two contracts with Bayern, according to Bild. One for the case, he'll join in 2013 & the second one for 2014.

Daniel B. &#8207;@dan_bu 3m
Both are four-year deals, according to Bild. Lewandowski will be out of his Dortmund contract in 2014.

:lol

Wilbur

Banned
Lewandowski has already signed two contracts with Bayern, according to Bild. One for the case, he'll join in 2013 & the second one for 2014.

Both are four-year deals, according to Bild. Lewandowski will be out of his Dortmund contract in 2014.

What the fuck, man

dc89

Injustica. It really is.

bud

#basedtxiki

Look at all this bonding me and Portu-gaf are doing! You guys are alright. Until June 7th that is. Then it's back to hating your terrible league, debt-ridden country and most importantly, your shit, cunt footballers. We're gonna push your shit in, in Lisbon!!! Kerzhattrick!

rvy

Banned

2mdhsp0.jpg1s2m.gif

derExperte

I'm tired of it because there's no way Bayern fans will change their mind about it. But just one thing to think about: Heidel might have talked about his player there, not Bayern. Especially when you read the part before.

I really don't know what more to say if you don't see the change in attitude there. 'Everything went smooth' does not include Bayern? Just stop.

FootballFan

Pep and Baryrern, what are you doing.

kharma45

Two?

Fifa should nerf Bayern. They're fucking overpowered

jtb

Banned
Dortmund would be stupid not to take the money. 50m+ is a lot of money, especially during a summer transfer window. Could easily fully rebuild the squad and stock up with future talent without breaking the bank.

now Messi pls

give him 3 contracts and a lifetime supply for HGH

Fuck this shady backroom deal bullshit. Fuck this shit. How is that even legal? How can we shit on a player like Gomez (who will most certainly leave once Lewandowski comes)?
Eh he's probably just agreed deals.

Which technically is illegal and shady but yeah, when does a club ever bid for a player without agreeing a deal with them first nowadays. Just the way it goes.

rvy

Banned
Look at all this bonding me and Portu-gaf are doing! You guys are alright. Until June 7th that is. Then it's back to hating your terrible league, debt-ridden country and most importantly, your shit, cunt footballers. We're gonna push your shit in, in Lisbon!!! Kerzhattrick!

You Russians have a way about you, it's not very pleasant. And then you have a Cowboys avatar on top of it.

Fuck off, you arrogant prick.

lol.

LFMartins86 getting trolled
His club is pretty bad
If i supported Sporting
I would be fuckin mad

9th place in the League
It could be alot worse
Instead of carrying a backpack
Sporting walks with a purse

Can i laugh at their results?
Probably not just yet
Instead i'll introduce them "sucess"
I don't think they ever met

spidye

lol.

His club is pretty bad
If i supported Sporting
I would be fuckin mad

9th place in the League
It could be alot worse

Probably not just yet
holy shit. :loloololol

lol.

His club is pretty bad
If i supported Sporting
I would be fuckin mad

9th place in the League
It could be alot worse

Probably not just yet
looooooooool

ether'd

Wes

venison crêpe

Fuck Bayern.

Top Bottom