• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

The dude from the A league? Lol

Half Aussie and half Chilean right? Dude must be the biggest cunt alive :lol

Everyone is picking BVB on Fifa now. Hummels is the best defender in the game :lol
He's kiwi, not Aussie but yeah, that's the guy.

There's a 'political rap' that lays into the Sun, the BBC and Stephen Fry more than it does the actual politics of the country, the Man Utd haikus I posted earlier, a really quite long ballad about a lesbian gunslinger looking for revenge, a poem in iambic pentameter about a man lamenting the loss of his deceased wife, and a power ballad about anal sex.

Well...that's certainly varied.

Meier

I didn't play with him personally since he lived in a different part of Orlando as me, but I know guys who did play with/against Zach Greinke and met him and his brothers multiple times. He signed a 6 year, $147 million deal to pitch for my favorite MLB team during the offseason.

My brother was teammates in HS ball with a guy named Mike Maroth (also a starting pitcher) who was in the majors for about 5 years.

Clegg

De Gea has been brilliant this year.

He's progressed so much since last season.

Still can't believed he saved this

ioV5W1g04TuXE.gif

or this

ibwgFTwFK68iag.gif

or this

iXPBWr1LXFVRD.gif

Wilbur

Banned
He's been the best in the league since the start of 2013 imo. Finally adjusted and has got a set defence infront of him.

Second or third best keeper in the league this year for me. Mignolet's been a class above in a struggling team, but apart from Cech and arguably Lloris there's been no one better. He's been brilliant since January, you're right.

Wilbur

Banned

http://i.minus.com/ioV5W1g04TuXE.gif[/IG]

or this

[IMG]https://i.minus.com/ibwgFTwFK68iag.gif[/IG]

or this

[IMG]https://i.minus.com/iXPBWr1LXFVRD.gif[/IG][/QUOTE]

Still can't tell if that Cisse one is in :lol

The Torres header and Mata foot save are fucking incredible as well

Suen

So Iron Man 3 comes out tomorrow, anyone going to see it?
The only thing we are seeing tomorrow is the start of Arsenal-GAF's journey for begging three points from United this coming Sunday.......and we won't get it because RVP will score a hat trick against us ;)

I agree sleepless. It is fun to watch and read most of the time. I like it when it is more innocent though! You do make a good point though when you say do not worry about what people think of your team or yourself - wise words that I'd benefit from following.

Yeah man, United one of the most hated clubs around here. Yet I don't care what they think, RVP is the best striker in the world, De Gea is the next Buffon. Come at me FootyGaf!

This shit reads like my brother arguing about Liverpool, I've asked him numerous times to come join here but he's too worried about the bashing.

bring it.

Here it is.

Lambda Piscium, you´re an arrogant prick
As a poster, you can be quite entertaining
But sometimes you just behave like a dick
Yet it´s your dickness that makes this thread thrilling

I truly enjoy your amazing definition of success
Your team won as many league titles in last 12 years as a club that is almost dead
I wonder why almost all your thoughts are such a mess
Have you in the past been hit in the head?

You talk about our current 9th place and that is true
There still a lot to play and in the end we could be in fifth
You finished 6th not long ago and the league title is almost always blue
Our weak team might reach Europa, in spite of all the corruption and filth

Your poems can be a fountain of joy
So I used one of my own to demonstrate my discontent
For a grown ass man that behaves like a schoolboy
Here are my final words, get bent.

Meier

http://i.minus.com/ioV5W1g04TuXE.gif[IMG]

or this

[IMG]https://i.minus.com/ibwgFTwFK68iag.gif[IMG]

or this

[IMG]https://i.minus.com/iXPBWr1LXFVRD.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
That top one I don't think he did. The freeze frame is clearly after it has gone further. The other two were almost entirely luck although getting fingers on both was still supremely impressive. He's had a great 2013.

De Gea is a ridiculously good shot stopper. He's seems to have stopped palming it out towards the strikers as well and he also holds onto the ball more often when he can. Still not convinced by him coming for the ball in the air, but he'll get there.

What happened like half a second before the start of this gif is the sort of thing I'm referring to.

bud

I truly enjoy your amazing definition of success
Your team won as many league titles in last 12 years as a club that is almost dead

oooooohhh madonn'!

Clegg

That top one I don't think he did. The freeze frame is clearly after it has gone further. The other two were almost entirely luck although getting fingers on both was still supremely impressive. He's had a great 2013.

Sorry Meier but that's bullshit.

There is no luck involved in those saves.

How can it be luck when he's dived full stretch for them.

De Gea is a ridiculously good shot stopper. He's seems to have stopped palming it out towards the strikers as well and he also holds onto the ball more often when he can. Still not convinced by him coming for the ball in the air, but he'll get there.

What happened like half a second before the start of this gif is the sort of thing I'm referring to.
He improved alot on crosses when he stopped coming for many of them, I think it helped his confidence. The defenders helped him by clearing alot of crosses and he was only going for the ones close to him. In the last few games he's been coming off his line a bit more.

It's positive. I hope the fact we've won the league helps him be more assertive.

Wilbur

Banned
How can it be luck when he's dived full stretch for them.

He improved alot on crosses when he stopped coming for many of them, I think it helped his confidence. The defenders helped him by clearing alot of crosses and he was only going for the ones close to him. In the last few games he's been coming off his line a bit more.

It's positive. I hope the fact we've won the league helps him be more assertive.

Andy Carroll basically raped him from the front and he survived. He's a soldier, Vulva.

Suen

Some news:

Bundesliga not better than La Liga, insists Iniesta

Barcelona midfielder Andres Iniesta insists that the Champions League semi-final first-leg results do not prove that the Bundesliga has overtaken La Liga as the dominant domestic competition in European football.

It has been argued that Bayern Munich's stunning 4-0 rout of the Blaugrana on Tuesday night, coupled with Borussia Dortmund's 4-1 demolition of Real Madrid, represents a significant continental power shift but the Spain star feels that it would be a mistake to read too much into the outcome of two games.

"[Like Bayern], Borussia Dortmund are also in a very good spell but it's not that the Spanish league is below [the Bundesliga]," Iniesta told reporters on Thursday. "It's just that the Germans have outscored their opponents.

"But there are second legs to play and we can try to match those results."

Indeed, despite the one-sided nature of their meeting with Bayern in Bavaria, Iniesta still feels that Barca can, at the very least, salvage some pride at Camp Nou next week.

"We must believe if we are to have a chance," he stated. "Overturning four goals is very difficult but you have to have the mentality that you must first go and win the game, and then see what might happen.

"We have 90 minutes to try to achieve something very difficult. The result [at the Allianz Arena] was terrible and I'm not saying we're going to do it, but if we are to have a chance, we must play with the conviction that we can.

"They were better than us in every way, and not for lack of attitude or wanting on our path. They outplayed us."

NLlPYxC.jpg

'Giroud red card harsh' - Wenger

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says Olivier Giroud's dismissal against Fulham was "a harsh decision", despite initially stating he had no complaints over the red card.

Giroud was sent off late in the match for a challenge on Cottagers right-back Stanislav Manolev but, after watching the replay back, he now feels that it did not deserve a red card.

However, the Gunners' appeal was rejected by the FA, forcing Giroud to serve the full suspension, but Wenger insists his side will move on without the French international.

"It is a blow that we cannot have him available," Wenger told the club's official website. "We will have to do without him and we will do it.

Wenger pls, it's a blessing to not have him available. Don't let your French-ness get the better of you, we care about your shitty French players as much as any sane person cares when Torres scores a goal :(

Spaghetti refutes AC Milan rumours

Sviatoslav, gazpropinions?

Wilbur

Banned
I used to really like Spalletti's Roma. It helped we clogged the shit out of them, but they were a good side to watch.

He's wasted in that horrific Sviatoslav tundra

Wilbur

Banned
No Giroud this weekend. So it'll be Podolski up front?

I hope we can win, our Spurs bros need it.

Adnan might have to sit this one out.

formations innit:

--------------------------------DAVID DE GEA
CHRIS SMALLING - RIO FERDINAND - NEMANJA VIDIC - PATRICE EVRA
------LUIS NANI - PHIL JONES - TOM CLEVERLEY - DANNY WELBECK
----------------JAVIER HERNANDEZ - WAYNE ROONEY

Clegg

No Giroud this weekend. So it'll be Podolski up front?

I hope we can win, our Spurs bros need it.

Adnan might have to sit this one out.

It's only Arsenal.

De Gea should start at CM. He's a Spanish footballer so he automatically has more skill on the ball than 90% of our squad.

Lightning

Banned
Wenger pls, it's a blessing to not have him available. Don't let your French-ness get the better of you, we care about your shitty French players as much as any sane person cares when Torres scores a goal :
Wenger is right though, the red was harsh. I don't care about it much because it's Giroud who I feel is shit anyway but my anger on the situation would have been a lot different if Arteta was the player who received a red card like that.

It wasn't a red card. It was worth a yellow.

I think Wenger trusts Theo over Podolski up front. I know I do.
Think we'll still get 4th spot? The City vs Spurs game didn't go according to the plan.

Suen

I think Wenger trusts Theo over Podolski up front. I know I do.
I'd trust Theo more than Podolski as well but knowing Wenger he'll have Podolski or Gervi up front. Strangely I still feel more comfortable with that than what I do with Giroud :/

Top Bottom