• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

--------------------------------DAVID DE GEA
CHRIS SMALLING - RIO FERDINAND - NEMANJA VIDIC - FUCKING GYPSY
------LUIS NANI - PHIL JONES - TOM CLEVERLEY - DANNY WELBECK
----------------JAVIER HERNANDEZ - SHINJI KAGAWA

my spirit flys 2 the castle in the sky-i cannot be despairful-i do not regret being a unitd fan b/c we win alot of trophy nd makes me=joyous

Who knows how much Froggie will rotate.

Wouldn't be surprised if its 6/7 changes. He confirmed a few already.

We should recall Gohan and play him.

jtb

Banned
I'd trust Theo more than Podolski as well but knowing Wenger he'll have Podolski or Gervi up front. Strangely I still feel more comfortable with that than what I do with Giroud :/

I think Wenger's done with Gervinho up front. (Good riddance.) I don't think Theo would (will?) have much of an impact against Rio and Vidic, but hopefully it'll give us a bit of pace on the counter. Don't know if Wenger trusts Podolski much; think he's only started a very small handful of games this season at center forward (against Schalke, I think?)

Wenger is right though, the red was harsh. I don't care about it much because it's Giroud who I feel is shit anyway but my anger on the situation would have been a lot different if Arteta was the player who received a red card like that.

It wasn't a red card. It was worth a yellow.

Think we'll still get 4th spot? The City vs Spurs game didn't go according to the plan.

No. I think we'll get third, though I do dream of getting 2nd but that's a fuck up or three too far for City sadly. Grind out a 1-0 win this weekend and just keep picking up the points in the remaining fixtures.

Meier

Sorry Meier but that's bullshit.

There is no luck involved in those saves.

He got fingertips on them. The balls could have just as easily not had their trajectory altered at all. The first one could have moved a centimeter to the left and gone in off the post. There was absolutely luck involved. That doesn't preclude skill's involvement.

Suen

Wenger is right though, the red was harsh. I don't care about it much because it's Giroud who I feel is shit anyway but my anger on the situation would have been a lot different if Arteta was the player who received a red card like that.

It wasn't a red card. It was worth a yellow.

Think we'll still get 4th spot? The City vs Spurs game didn't go according to the plan.
This I agree with, the punishment is harsh and we're really lucky it happened to Giroud. If anything this is why there's no outrage about it. I mean even Wenger didn't care at first and just accepted it. Imagine if it was Cazorla, Wilshere, Walcott etc. We'd be all over the place then, especially at this point in the season at such a crucial moment.

Still hope we can get fourth spot.....we have to get something from our game United at least.

Spalletti (and his mustache) can fuck off back to Italy. His record in Europe is as good as Mancini. His away record especially, with Zenit is pathetic. He plays scared, trying to grind out 0-0 draws by playing five at the back. We need to bring back the Advocaat glory days. Dat 4-0 against Bayern.
I can feel the love. Have you ever thought that Bayern's 4-0 against Barcelona might have come from Bayern studing their 4-0 defeat? Also Advocaat seems to be doing well with PSV this season no? How well do you think he could do with the current squad?

He got fingertips on them. The balls could have just as easily not had their trajectory altered at all. The first one could have moved a centimeter to the left and gone in off the post. There was absolutely luck involved. That doesn't preclude skill's involvement.
If somebody intends to do something and pulls it off - that's not luck.

For me a lucky save is when a shot just hits a body part, like when Silva shot and hit De Gea's shoulder in the first derby. He knew nothing about that.

Similar to a debate we had on here about long shots/screamers. If you go to smash it in the top corner and it goes in - you deserve full credit, even though a lot of the time it won't come off.

Mumei

Lambda and rvy, I think Mumei speaks Portuguese. Calm down, you look like a kindergarten, a whole kindergarten impersonated by two children.

No, I only speak English. You're probably thinking of the time you guys spent several pages speaking Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish, Russian, and others I'm sure I've blocked out by now.

Clegg

I've not read RAWK in months but I decided to check their thread on the Suarez ban. They're having a proper meltdown over it. Mods included.

Quote from: johnny74 on Today at 01:05:55 PM

Irrespective of how many games ban he has received he did this to himself and to the club.

The real discussion is whether or not to persist with him. Take the money?

Mod response:

Wrong on two counts. He didn't give himself a ten batch ban. And this thread is about calculating the ban not about selling Suarez. In the spirit of your post I'm giving you a ten day ban for detailing the thread. It's completely out of proportion but you did it to yourself. It take it you won't be asking for it to be reduced.

Suen

I think Wenger's done with Gervinho up front. (Good riddance.) I don't think Theo would (will?) have much of an impact against Rio and Vidic, but hopefully it'll give us a bit of pace on the counter. Don't know if Wenger trusts Podolski much; think he's only started a very small handful of games this season at center forward (against Schalke, I think?)

No. I think we'll get third, though I do dream of getting 2nd but that's a fuck up or three too far for City sadly. Grind out a 1-0 win this weekend and just keep picking up the points in the remaining fixtures.
I really hope so, Sunday will show, it's just that he sometimes makes the most strange decisions which no one but himself understands. Theo Walcott is not a good striker for me (not that he ever gets to play as one) but the difference between him and Giroud is that he's much faster, have better skills and works much harder. He's there when on the counter and he's fast at reacting to it which imo makes a huge difference. It's just as you said, he'll give us a bit of a pace on the counter which might be something we need.

Jeg er forelsket i dig

i5e0Fh93UG8aK.gif

I've not read RAWK in months but I decided to check their thread on the Suarez ban. They're having a proper meltdown over it. Mods included.

Mod response:

Red Scarlet has found a new home. :lol

Wilbur

Banned

Mod response:

LOL

Oh wow. Even worse than duckroll
#yolo

Jeg ønsker at bære dine børn. Jeg vil have dig til at klæde sig ud som en lille landmand og flæse mit hår som du kneppe mig bagfra.

Und ich liebe dich :x

too much work goddamnit

Google translate fails me all the fucking time

TeegsD

I love Benfiquistas. I haven't been on FB since before the game started and wondered why I wasn't seeing a SINGLE post at all from them. Lo and behold, they lost to Fener. Just lol

Here it is.

A poem from the heart
Just as i expected
But a minor mistake got in
It must be corrected:

Sporting is already dead
There was nothing to save
And how fitting it was
Got buried in a common grave

Green is the colour of envy
Can't say that's how i feel
What's there to envy at all?
Losses are their highlight reel

With the Lion as the symbol
I expected some rage
But Sporting keeps getting fucked
Like a groupie backstage

Hey, i'm just being honest
Maybe a bit too blunt
Call me prick if you like
I prefer being called cunt

Wilbur

Banned
Just a simple "and I love you".

Anyway, Dortmund offered Lewandowski a new contract with a yearly wage of 7m €
Currently he is earning 1.5m :x

<3 <3 <3 Reiben Sie meinen Hoden, während ich Klopp Mütze aufsetzen auf meinen Kopf und dein Sperma gurgeln

Wilbur

Banned
A poem from the heart
Just as i expected
It must be corrected:

Sporting is already dead
And how fitting it was

I expected some rage
Like a groupie backstage

Maybe a bit too blunt

oh my fucking god hahahahahhahahahahaha

this is just astounding
hahahahahahaha

tumblr_man66sciXc1qbar4bo1_500.gif

Suen

A poem from the heart
Just as i expected
It must be corrected:

Sporting is already dead
And how fitting it was

I expected some rage
Like a groupie backstage

Maybe a bit too blunt
u9v3LtL.gif

Timurid

A poem from the heart
Just as i expected
It must be corrected:

Sporting is already dead
And how fitting it was

I expected some rage
Like a groupie backstage

Maybe a bit too blunt

:LOOOOOOL

A poem from the heart
Just as i expected
It must be corrected:

Sporting is already dead
And how fitting it was

I expected some rage
Like a groupie backstage

Maybe a bit too blunt

dQQ041K.gif

I can feel the love. Have you ever thought that Bayern's 4-0 against Barcelona might have come from Bayern studing their 4-0 defeat? Also Advocaat seems to be doing well with PSV this season no? How well do you think he could do with the current squad?

Lol, I was joking. Whatever goodwill Advocaat had from me from the Zenit days(not really that much, I thought we kinda succeeded in spite of him. Arshavin was just god-mode back then) he certainly wasted with his terrible job for the Russian national team(not watching any games, not calling up any new players, etc). He is however a more attacking minded coach that Spallett though, we were deadly on the counter especially, back them.

Funnily enough, there are rumors of him going to Anzhi next season since Hiddink is apparently retiring. Advocaat certainly seems to love Hiddink's sloppy seconds so it wouldn't surprise me.

K1LLER7

Januzaj will probably be on the bench.

------------ Lindegaard------------------

Jones - Smalling - Evans - Buttner

--------------- Carrick ------------------

---- Powell -------------- Cleverley ----

Nani ----------Chica------------- RVP

FootballFan

They write alot of poems.

You'd like it.

Poetry is fun, wish I was good :( (i'm not) lol. I'll give it a go.

I love this thread, even colombians like Andres
All he ever asks for, is for Mumei to undress

I am in the toilet, typing this poem
Honestly, I don't know where this is going

My poetry skills are shit, I'm not a genius
But I hope Pulga's mum liked De Rossi's penis

Can't believe I'm still here, I'm constipated
Like La Decima, my anus has been la decimated.

edit
Fuck, I had to post after Lambda does his legendary ones.

K1LLER7

edit
:lol this is great.

REMUNTADA pls

Wilbur

Banned
So you really wanna burble my semen ? :p

And you know Klopp used it as disguise to hide his hair transplantation ?

I was assuming that's how he glued it to his fucking head

Arnold you have beautiful lips
When will you wrap them round my bongo stick

Clegg you mustn't be afraid
Adnan will enter you one day

A poem from the heart
Just as i expected
It must be corrected:

Sporting is already dead
And how fitting it was

I expected some rage
Like a groupie backstage

Maybe a bit too blunt

tumblr_m40nzrk8vU1qbiykfo1_250.gif

tumblr_m40nzrk8vU1qbiykfo2_r1_250.gif

Suen

Lol, I was joking. Whatever goodwill Advocaat had from me from the Zenit days(not really that much, I thought we kinda succeeded in spite of him. Arshavin was just god-mode back then) he certainly wasted with his terrible job for the Russian national team(not watching any games, not calling up any new players, etc). He is however a more attacking minded coach that Spallett though, we were deadly on the counter especially, back them.

Funnily enough, there are rumors of him going to Anzhi next season since Hiddink is apparently retiring. Advocaat certainly seems to love Hiddink's sloppy seconds so it wouldn't surprise me.
Advocaat to Anzhi....will Zenit fans even care? :p Also why is Spaletti being scared and playing defensively? This guy has coached Italian clubs so why would he go with that approach, don't he trust the players to do the job? Not only that but it makes the game boring and now that you mention it I rarely saw Zenit attacking much in the group stages of this CL, not even on their own turf but my mind might be failing me

edit
Glorious :LOL. This thread is too much, need a break :lol

edit

De Rossi lays it on the table
Thick, long and throbbing
Pulga's mom get's anxious
While he watches, sobbing

Wilbur

Banned
Mama Pulga says to Daniele,
Please don't sign for City
If you do I won't let you slide it up my ass
And get your dick all shitty

Top Bottom