• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Lightning

Banned
1. Dear god a striker.
2. Ball-playing midfielder.
3. Back-up wide player (Townsend might be enough)
4. Young LB to compete with BAE

If we get top 4 I think we'll get some decent players in, we tried to buy Moutinho and Damiao already this season so Levy is willing to spend a bit more than normal. What do you think Wenger's going to do? Isco? He loves a Malaga bargain.
Isco? No way. 35mil release clause is not a bargin for Isco. He's good but I wonder if he's 35mil good besides we have issues in other areas that Isco won't help in.

1. I expect a QUALITY striker (Jovetic please)
2. Defensive midfielder. Arteta cannot play every week and when he's injured we're just shit.
3. Goalkeeper. Fabianski is off contract, Wenger doesn't have faith in Szczesny. We definitely need a quality goalkeeper, not a Julio Cesar either. Someone like Rene Adler/Simon Mignolet/Asmir Begovic

They are the main ones. Anything else would be a bonus for me but a lot depends if we make CL or not. If we don't make it I doubt we'll do much of anything and our main targets wont want to come anyway.

Facism

Gold Member
A friend of mine has been cheating on his poor Japanese gf for about the whole length of the 4 years they've been together. Probably couldn't even count with how many girls if he tried. He's on it every morning before work, he pulls pussy after he gets off by just approaching random girls on the street (he's mastered the art of finding which ones are DTF).

I don't understand people like this. Why would you enter into a commitment if you just can't commit? I mean I respect how good he's gotten at cleaning up with women around here, but I can't lose sight of this.

I've never said anything to his gf, and she clearly knows what kind of person he is after 4 years, and having caught him a few times and forgiven him after his begging and groveling. She now is "trying to learn to trust him," and while she's doing this, he's sleeping with a new girl a few times every week.

All my friends are like this, male and female. I assume it's accepted behaviour to be slimy fucking scumbags to each other and have no value for trust or commitment.

What happens when he picks up herpes or some other shit from some random scutty skag and gives it to his "girlfriend?"

Wilbur

Banned
I reckon so. I really rate Rose, and he seems to have done well at Sunderland this season.

I think Luke Shaw will be the one to watch in the summer. Southampton will do well to keep one of the big boys from coming in for him.

Yeah Rose has been really good this season. Been far better defensively than I expected from him.

Chelsea have been continuously linked with him haven't they? Or is that just a result of him being a Chelsea fan? Don't see Bertrand as the long term solution to be honest; he's okay but I think he's caught in two minds a lot whether to push up and attack like Cole does or to stay back and be a defender. Generally attacks but I think he gets caught out sometimes.

I've just realised that sounds like a really shit criticism :lol. I think I mean he doesn't have much conviction on the pitch, doesn't assert himself along a whole flank like Cole does. Still young I suppose.

Lightning

Banned
I'm gonna miss it :( I finish work at 4 so will miss the first 15 minutes as I run to the pub
I may miss it as well. It's 3am for me when the game starts and I have to work that day so I may be asleep. I want to watch it and the game though. I hate missing Arsenal games, especially the must win ones but because the game is a Sunday (UK) its a bloody Monday for me which means I have to work.

Heh, I totally missed the fact that we have a new sponsorship deal.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Dortmund-in-partnership-deal-with-Turkish-Airlines-4462778.php

DORTMUND, Germany (AP) — Champions League semifinalist Borussia Dortmund has announced a new partnership deal with Turkish Airlines.

Dortmund didn't specify the value of the several-year deal on Thursday. It says advertising cooperation will start at its May 4 home match against Bayern Munich, the recently crowned Bundesliga champion after Dortmund won the title for the past two seasons.

The deal will involve the airline flying the team to matches abroad in the Champions League.

It comes after Bayern Munich secured the services next season of Dortmund midfielder Mario Goetze, activating a release clause in the Germany international's contract worth 37 million euros ($48 million).

This is supposed to grant us 10m in 3 years and no more flying expenses for CL matches. Cool.

/fake edit - kinda weird that the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting this.

Heh, I totally missed the fact that we have a new sponsorship deal.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Dortmund-in-partnership-deal-with-Turkish-Airlines-4462778.php

This is supposed to grant us 10m in 3 years and no more flying expenses for CL matches. Cool.

/fake edit - kinda weird that the San Francisco Chronicle is reporting this.
Hopefully Dortmund can use this seasons CL run to ramp up their commercial deals.

Have fun with Turkish airlines. They made some cool ads with us :)

I think they were rated the most dangerous airline in the world or something though :lol

Wilbur

Banned
If we spend 33m on a striker and don't buy a midfielder, I'm going to march over to Woodward's house and put my foot directly up his bottom

rvy

Banned
182zlntr83.gif

Sorry, Juve-GAF. Paneira is love.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Rose will be number four surely, with Naughton being back up on the right?

I think both will be sold. Adam Smith will replace Naughton as Walker's back up and Rose doesn't really want to have to compete for his place anymore. We could probably get £10m altogether for Rose and Naughton and we can get a younger,more technical LB who would be happy to compete with BAE with that money. Rose is a grafter but he doesn't have the technical skill I would expect from a top 4 LB.

dc89

City this summer have to buy a top quality midfielder and striker.

Midfielder - DDR, Gundogan, Moutinho. Pls.
Striker - Cavani, Falcao, Jojo.

Maybe a defender too. But I don't want to be to greedy.

Wilbur

Banned

I haven't a clue, like Viva said, why City fans keep pushing for a top class striker. You have three already, with Guidetti perennially hanging around never getting game time.

GorillaJu

All my friends are like this, male and female. I assume it's accepted behaviour to be slimy fucking scumbags to each other and have no value for trust or commitment.

What happens when he picks up herpes or some other shit from some random scutty skag and gives it to his "girlfriend?"

He's pretty good about wrapping it up, despite that Japanese girls don't really care and never bother to ask for it - I can attest to this through experience. I wouldn't trust the kind of girl who randomly hooks up with Americans at bars in Roppongi and other areas that foreigners go to hunt and J-beezies vice versa, because there are a lot of Nigerians in Tokyo who claim to be Americans to help them get laid. They spread the shit around. I've never been into those kinds of girls anyway.

Still, I feel for his gf, and I sometimes am tempted to just tell her to go find someone else, because this guy isn't changing.

I reckon so. I really rate Rose, and he seems to have done well at Sunderland this season.

I think Luke Shaw will be the one to watch in the summer. Southampton will do well to keep one of the big boys from coming in for him.

I've been expecting Rodgers to come after Danny Rose to be honest. Seems like his type of player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He's pretty good about wrapping it up, despite that Japanese girls don't really care and never bother to ask for it - I can attest to this through experience. I wouldn't trust the kind of girl who randomly hooks up with Americans at bars in Roppongi and other areas that foreigners go to hunt and J-beezies vice versa, because there are a lot of Nigerians in Tokyo who claim to be Americans to help them get laid. They spread the shit around. I've never been into those kinds of girls anyway.

Still, I feel for his gf, and I sometimes am tempted to just tell her to go find someone else, because this guy isn't changing.

How old is she? If she's serious about him (and she's clearly wasting her time) then drop some hints or something. :p

Feorax

I've been expecting Rodgers to come after Danny Rose to be honest. Seems like his type of player.

Yes please. He would get plenty of games here, Enrique has become surprisingly injury prone of late.

To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed we aren't looking to get deals done yet. Our season is over and the deficiencies in our squad are glaringly obvious, there really isn't any reason not to.

We tend to either pay way over the odds or generally piss around until somone (like yourselves) gets the deal done, and we look like idiots.

Lightning

Banned

DDR, Moutinho possible but Gundogan is not possible.

Why you want a striker for? If I was a City fan I would want Nasri or Milner gone and replace them with Isco. Aguero/Dzeko/Tevez is plenty of goal scoring power. Your defence is fine but maybe a cheap replacement for Lescott but not a Hummels or Subotic as they will be bloody expensive and won't tolerate the bench.

Clegg

If we spend 33m on a striker and don't buy a midfielder, I'm going to march over to Woodward's house and put my foot directly up his bottom

I doubt Fergie would spend anywhere near €30m on a midfielder. It just seems like he doesn't prioritise midfielders as much as he does strikers or defenders.

I think we'll sign one or two midfielders this season but they won't be the Modric, Moutinho, Vidal bracket of player who you already know are quality.

We're more likely to sign a younger player that's shown a bit of promise at his current club and would be cheap relative to the prices you'd have to pay for one of the top quality CM's.

Carbonox

I haven't a clue, like Viva said, why City fans keep pushing for a top class striker. You have three already, with Guidetti perennially hanging around never getting game time.

Cos City fans think with their oil splattered penis, rather than their heads. They don't know what would benefit the team - they only care about what would get their freaky sheikhy mittens on a trophy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Not going after (more) WC players after being crowned champions of England was so fucking dumb.

What now, City?

pappe

DDR, Moutinho possible but Gundogan is not possible.

Why you want a striker for? If I was a City fan I would want Nasri or Milner gone and replace them with Isco. Aguero/Dzeko/Tevez is plenty of goal scoring power. Your defence is fine but maybe a cheap replacement for Lescott but not a Hummels or Subotic as they will be bloody expensive and won't tolerate the bench.

City should look at bringing in someone as a backup to Silva. When he is not on the pitch, City have no bite in their offensive build up.

And get rid of Mancini, but i hope that never happens :p

SkySportsNews: Liverpool to make statement on Luis Suarez's 10-match ban shortly #SSN

This should be good. "We feel Luiz Suarez has been victimised by the FA. You can clearly see that Ivanovic forced Luis to bite him in our game last Sunday. We reject the notion that Luis acted in a similar way to dogs and small children because of the culture of doing what it takes to win in South America and the fact that he has previous for biting and racist behaviour. Model citizen and role model, FA sux"

I doubt Fergie would spend anywhere near €30m on a midfielder. It just seems like he doesn't prioritise midfielders as much as he does strikers or defenders.

I think we'll sign one or two midfielders this season but they won't be the Modric, Moutinho, Vidal bracket of player who you already know are quality.

We're more likely to sign a younger player that's shown a bit of promise at his current club and would be cheap relative to the prices you'd have to pay for one of the top quality CM's.

ibdvWDOsNdVpc4.gif

This should be good. "We feel Luiz Suarez has been victimised by the FA. You can clearly see that Ivanovic forced Luis to bite him in our game last Sunday. We reject the notion that Luis acted in a similar way to dogs and small children because of the culture of doing what it takes to win in South America and the fact that he has previous for biting and racist behaviour. Model citizen and role model, FA sux"
I reckon FSG are probably stepping in.

We can hope, though.

juan-veron.jpg

Top Bottom