• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Salazar

"liverpool going to make a statement soon"

we're going to appeal aren't we -___-

lol, who cares about the official one

RAWK has made its little mind up

Get a load of this twat

However, the pivotal fact of this case is Luis never "bit" anybody.

This was never "biting" in a million years. Biting as I’ve defined it above is serious stuff. It’s concerning enough where children are involved but adult biting is at a whole different level.

What Luis Suarez perpetrated down the Kop end was merely an embarrassing display of childish petulance. The distinction is crucial. Biting is an assault on the person. This, however, was no more an assault than an overly zealous handshake.

FuturusX

David fucking Cameron. I really couldn't give a shit what you think about Suarez. Your leadership is appalling, so shut the fuck up.
Cameron reads GAF right?

Hixx

When City won the title last year why did Meus post pictures of a funeral of two little boys?

DC linked the thread for when City scored the third in another thread, first time I've read through it...

dc89

When City won the title last year why did Meus post pictures of a funeral of two little boys?

DC linked the thread for when City scored the third in another thread, first time I've read through it...

I took a shit in some thread In off topic lol. I was desperate at the time. Desperate to recruit for CityGAF.

Salazar

Fucking hell, I've got the kernel of a headache residing at the back of my head and reading that risks popping it into a full blown migraine.

Arnie, if I should encounter you in person, I'm going to lean in and gnaw on some non-erogenous anatomy. Don't take offence. You'd be a genuinely uncultured knob to get wound up about it.

The distinction is crucial. Polite "biting"/impolite biting.

Arnie

Arnie, if I should encounter you in person, I'm going to lean in and gnaw on some non-erogenous anatomy. Don't take offence. You'd be a genuinely uncultured knob to get wound up about it.

The distinction is crucial. Polite "biting"/impolite biting.
You're setting a bad example to your students.

Anyway, I know full well what the Australian culture entails, I've had enough mental skirmishes with Kermit to realise.

My train's chortling out of Manchester now, I can relax.

Salazar

Oi Hixx

Apparently Zonal Marking explains why Sunderland's Di Canio effect can't last

The Express (lol) say Everton want Strootman. Fuck off Moyes.

Mastadon

Banned
I feel it's slightly unfair of you to base your assessments of Australian culture on one myopic sociopath. He'd definitely give you an impolite nibble though.

FuturusX

Posting examples of stupidity from the depths of RAWK and Red Cafe is extremely redundant. I think we all are aware that the Internet is stocked full of ridiculous opinions unfettered by the anonymity of a screen name. I am amazed that some of you are amazed by the comments found in such places.

Salazar

I think we all are aware that the Internet is stocked full of ridiculous opinions unfettered by the anonymity of a screen name.

Ha. Arnie is Arnie's real name.

This was fucking smooth btw

QYh0p4D.gif

Mastadon

Banned
Posting examples of stupidity from the depths of RAWK and Red Cafe is extremely redundant. I think we all are aware that the Internet is stocked full of ridiculous opinions unfettered by the anonymity of a screen name. I am amazed that some of you are amazed by the comments found in such places.

Well this place is usually quite mature and level-headed
apart from Wilbury
, and the views tend to be reasonably intelligent and measured
apart from Wilbury
, so it's nice to get a taste of the other end of the spectrum.

Ha. Arnie is Arnie's real name.

This was fucking smooth btw

QYh0p4D.gif

Don't post that. Arnie will be whipping his cock out on the train.

Salazar

It's like one of those moments in FIFA when someone like Crouch takes the ball on his chest in an aerial challenge with Yossi Benayoun, and the game just decides that Yossi is going to cease to exist on a molecular level. Sturridge vaporises him there.

Hixx

Oi Hixx

Apparently Zonal Marking explains why Sunderland's Di Canio effect can't last

I've read it. And I lost interest when he said "There’s something rather clichéd about Di Canio’s tactical instructions so far. Sunderland don’t appear significantly better organised than under Martin O’Neill, nor has Di Canio made any obvious tactical tweaks between games to exploit weaknesses in opponents." Which is 100% wrooooong.

Article written by someone who has 'viewed' our matches through the means of stats and charts rather than watching the fucking games.

And then: "and while Sunderland rode their luck in the 3-0 derby victory over Newcastle in Di Canio’s next game, they continued with the same feisty approach." Again completely wrong. We had more bad decisions go against us than Newcastle did.

Under O'Neill we went out and played not to get beat every single time. The only time we won convincingly was when the other team was absolute dogshit (Reading and West Ham at home). Under di Canio we have went out and played every game so far trying to win, even at Chelsea.

He has made subs at the right time and made the right ones. He has had us set up in every game almost perfectly - we targetted Gutierrez and Mbiwa against the Mags, we completely nullified Baines, Pienaar and Fellaini against Everton.

To say we won the last two games through sheer effort (while it has been raised but it had to raise, it was non-existent before, O'Neill's absolute drivel about not being able to "ask any more" from the players was infuriating bullshit) is incredibly unfair.

We have picked at teams' weaknesses and nullified their strengths.

I'm interested to see how he deals with Villa's pace because it's been our weakness all season. O'Neill would just play 7-2-1 whenever Villa had the ball. I'd be very surprised if Di Canio did the same.

GorillaJu

I agree, but people obviously still find entertainment in it. I try my hardest just to ignore it.

Bo-Locks

Damn. I was looking forward to the entertainment and outrage of an appeal, Suarez inevitably losing and then getting banned for longer.

The only thing left in this mini-saga is the FA's reasoning behind the length of the ban.

Arnie

Trains winding into Preston now. Grabbing a Greggs and hoofing it through town to my Dad's office. This is the life. Weather's great.

Top Bottom