• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

dc89

I haven't a clue, like Viva said, why City fans keep pushing for a top class striker. You have three already, with Guidetti perennially hanging around never getting game time.

DDR, Moutinho possible but Gundogan is not possible.

Why you want a striker for? If I was a City fan I would want Nasri or Milner gone and replace them with Isco. Aguero/Dzeko/Tevez is plenty of goal scoring power. Your defence is fine but maybe a cheap replacement for Lescott but not a Hummels or Subotic as they will be bloody expensive and won't tolerate the bench.

Cos City fans think with their oil splattered penis, rather than their heads. They don't know what would benefit the team - they only care about what would get their freaky sheikhy mittens on a trophy.

Because Dzeko is going to leave and Tevez's contract is running down and he's expressed wishes to go back to Argentina. Balotelli not replaced.

So it's fair to think we need a striker.

Arnie

Cos City fans think with their oil splattered penis, rather than their heads. They don't know what would benefit the team - they only care about what would get their freaky sheikhy mittens on a trophy.
In fairness, the two are one and the same. A good team wins trophies. As much as we criticise the signings of Barry and Milner, Dzeko and Nasri, it won them a premier league title in the most orgasmic of circumstances. We'll probably never feel a similar joy.

Talking of correlations between joy and football, nothing saps my will for the sport than the fallout from Suarez's behaviour. I'm exasperated by everyone. Suarez, Rodgers, Cameron, Twitter, even here. I couldn't give a fuck if he should have less games or more. I couldn't care at this point if he's been persecuted unfairly. I just want to watch Liverpool gliding up a pitch in neat triangles.

Nyx

Listening to a Dutch footy podcast where a journalist that is ''very well informed'' about English football says that Arsenal definitely will make a move for Michel Vorm this summer.

Lightning

Banned
Because Dzeko is going to leave and Tevez's contract is running down and he's expressed wishes to go back to Argentina. Balotelli not replaced.

So it's fair to think we need a striker.
The thing is, even if you get DDR and Cavani/Jovetic. You think that makes you any better than you currently are? It really doesn't. As soon as Silva or Yaya Toure are not in the team or not on form you're going to struggle again. Dzeko will also only leave if City want him to leave.

dc89

In fairness, the two are one and the same. A good team wins trophies. As much as we criticise the signings of Barry and Milner, Dzeko and Nasri, it won them a premier league title in the most orgasmic of circumstances. We'll probably never feel a similar joy.

Talking of correlations between joy and football, nothing saps my will for the sport than the fallout from Suarez's behaviour. I'm exasperated by everyone. Suarez, Rodgers, Cameron, Twitter, even here. I couldn't give a fuck if he should have less games or more. I couldn't care at this point if he's been persecuted unfairly. I just want to watch Liverpool gliding up a pitch in neat triangles.

Arnold as ever is the voice of reason. You have now joined the ranks of Marwood and Txiki. #BasedArnold.

Hahaha, just saw this:

Remember 1997? When:
- Bayern won the Bundesliga
- Juventus won Serie A
- Manchester United won the PL
- Stuttgart won the DFB cup
- Hertha and Kaiserslautern were promoted to the Bundesliga

and Dortmund won the CL :D

Lightning

Banned
The United heart break was overwhelmingly satisfying and I hope they feel it again and again and again!

The United heart break was overwhelmingly satisfying and I hope they feel it again and again and again!

RVP.jpg

A Dutch journalist from Voetbal International (biggest Dutch footy magazine) that follows the Premier League for the mag.

Don't remember his name though.

Ok cheers. Might have a punt on that. I can see it possibly happening. I have a feeling Chelsea will take Begovic, who might have been a different option. History suggests Wenger will go for a more experienced keeper though (Lehmann, Almunia, as well as Schwarzer and Reina who he didn't manage to sign) and not cut Chesney out entirely.

VI is usually well informed, so this is very likely.

dat 33/1

Nyx

Ok cheers. Might have a punt on that. I can see it possibly happening. I have a feeling Chelsea will take Begovic, who might have been a different option. History suggests Wenger will go for a more experienced keeper though (Lehmann, Almunia, as well as Schwarzer and Reina who he didn't manage to sign) and not cut Chesney out entirely.

Vorm is pretty experienced though?
I think he definitely would be an improvement over Szcenesy or whatever it's spelled. ;)

sohois

Being as someone who is mostly concerned with the football itself and gets exasperated with external issues pretty quickly, I find myself quite pleased that the Suarez situation will finally force Rodgers to drop one of his 'untouchables'. Of course, I'd much prefer that Rodgers actually realized rotation was necessary to stop players becoming shit instead of just playing Suarez, Gerrard & Johnson for every game until they get banned or injured, but you can't get everything you want.

I'm quite intrigued to see the formation Liverpool employ this weekend; however, I expect most posters don't want to see a formation just shoved across the page so I'll refrain from posting one.

Mastadon

Banned
Being as someone who is mostly concerned with the football itself and gets exasperated with external issues pretty quickly, I find myself quite pleased that the Suarez situation will finally force Rodgers to drop one of his 'untouchables'. Of course, I'd much prefer that Rodgers actually realized rotation was necessary to stop players becoming shit instead of just playing Suarez, Gerrard & Johnson for every game until they get banned or injured, but you can't get everything you want.

I'm quite intrigued to see the formation Liverpool employ this weekend; however, I expect most posters don't want to see a formation just shoved across the page so I'll refrain from posting one.

It doesn't stop the Man Utd fans, so go ahead.

Wilbur

Banned
I doubt Fergie would spend anywhere near €30m on a midfielder. It just seems like he doesn't prioritise midfielders as much as he does strikers or defenders.

I think we'll sign one or two midfielders this season but they won't be the Modric, Moutinho, Vidal bracket of player who you already know are quality.

We're more likely to sign a younger player that's shown a bit of promise at his current club and would be cheap relative to the prices you'd have to pay for one of the top quality CM's.

Yeah I know we won't spend that, but I'm surprised that someone as admiring of Barca's midfield as Fergus doesn't really seem to acknowledge that midfield is so key in Europe nowadays, and doesn't splash out on a top class performer.

Carbonox

Liverpool could put out their worst team and still dick Newcastle hard. Newcastle doesn't appear to have any willingness to make a go of staying in the league since getting knocked out of the Europa League. The embarrassing loss to Sunderland sealed their mental fate.

Wilbur

Banned

Give me a formation

I'm cock hungry for formations

Pennywise

Hahaha, just saw this:

Remember 1997? When:
- Bayern won the Bundesliga
- Juventus won Serie A
- Manchester United won the PL
- Stuttgart won the DFB cup
- Hertha and Kaiserslautern were promoted to the Bundesliga

and Dortmund won the CL :D
You forgot Dortmund won the Bundesliga two times in a row before :p

Feorax

Reina

Enrique Agger Carra Johnson

Gerrard Lucas

Coutinho Hendo Downing

Sturridge

And that will be our team for every game left this season, barring injury.

Arnie

Whenever the Suarez debacle gets too much I close my eyes and visualise Suso dropping his shoulder, shifting his weight, and scooping a lofted pass that neutralises the entire opposition defence and lands cleanly at the feet of an onrushing Sturridge.

And then the linesman lifts his flag, but nobody cares, we all stand and stare and smile.

So a bunch of yes'.

Is it because we like sports? I was seriously expecting a few nays from here.
Nah I doubt it has anything to do with sports.

People who obv take care of themselves are bound to be attractive (as in, not just aesthetically). It's a good quality.

sohois

Give me a formation

I'm cock hungry for formations

Alright

------------ Reina
------Carra-------Agger------
Johnson----Lucas-----Enrique-
------Gerrard-----Hendo------
-----------Coutinho
---------- Downing
---------- Sturridge
-----New------------Goal
-------------castle

Salazar

Nah I doubt it has anything to do with sports.

People who obv take care of themselves are bound to be attractive (as in, not just aesthetically). It's a good quality.

BrentonRodgers doesn't back himself against a sabre-tooth. Some primal core of his brain wants a woman carrying the spear.

Nyx

I prefer a bit of fat on my girls, not too much ofc, but enough to have a nice butt and bigger boobs.

My GF told me yesterday she wants to lose 10 kilograms, I did not reply... lol

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If her face is hot I don't give a fuck about her stomach.

Why would I care about abs/no abs anyway? What am I supposed to do with them :p

Carbonox

If her face is hot I don't give a fuck about her stomach.

Why would I care about abs/no abs anyway? What am I supposed to do with them :p

So she could be hot but have the body of a walrus? Curiosity shag maybe.

With good abs you can grate your cheese and have a wank at the same time.

Top Bottom