• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

dc89

Trains winding into Preston now. Grabbing a Greggs and hoofing it through town to my Dad's office. This is the life. Weather's great.

AHHH that slow approach into P-Town. A short walk to the high street for your greggs!

Can we trade places?

Salazar

So this is what he bases his FIFA Game Face on...

HMXPbbY.gif

I wonder if he's a little pissed off that he's being turfed out for the next bright and shiny manager even though he's had a perfect season so far.

Or did he decline a new contract?

He was quite pissed. Maybe not about the decision itself but Hoeneß/Rummenigge saying Heynckes will retire after this season. Which is not what Heynckes wants to do at all lol

dc89

Anything with meat and potato in.

I wish.

All these new roadworks by Blockbuster are bending my head. Was just stood stranded in the middle of the street.

Haha! I've not been by Blockbuster for a while. In a strange way I was hoping it would close down so I could raid it for cheap stuff. Kinda evil of me really.

---

City EDS winning 3-0 at the moment. Norwich will come back and win 4-3. Suarez and Guidetti have a goal each too. Nice.

City this summer have to buy a top quality midfielder and striker.

Midfielder - DDR, Gundogan, Moutinho. Pls.
Striker - Cavani, Falcao, Jojo.

Maybe a defender too. But I don't want to be to greedy.

Personally I think someone like Gokhan Inler can do wonders at City, he has the qualities to perform in English football and unlike many others in the same position he can defend and attack.

Also Barcelona would be willing to sell Song at the right price, he could be an excellent signing.

Biglia, Siem de Jong could be cheap options.

Someone more attacking oriented, Isco from Malaga, can play in the wing, behind the striker and as a striker.

dc89

Personally I think someone like Gokhan Inler can do wonders at City, he has the qualities to perform in English football and unlike many others in the same position he can defend and attack.

Also Barcelona would be willing to sell Song at the right price, he could be an excellent signing.

Biglia, Siem de Jong could be cheap options.

Someone more attacking oriented, Isco from Malaga, can play in the wing, behind the striker and as a striker.

Want me to sort you out with a job. "Advisor to Txiki"

Hixx

lol no

Out of interest, can clubs appeal the length of a ban while accepting the need for a ban, or would we have had to go all or nothing, and appealed the entire thing?

You can appeal the length but that's where the frivolous appeal thing kicks in iirc.

We appealed for Michael Turner who the ref reckoned deliberately elbowed Gareth Barry (didn't look deliberate at all), just the length, and it got extended a game.

Nintendo fans on here remind me of us Liverpool fans in a way. Illogically optimistic, often to the point of delusion, overly celebratory at the most minor of successes, and obsessed by numbers only when they reflect positively on us.

Feorax

Can we play Suarez in the U-21 games until his ban is over?

It would be hillarious to see him rock up to Old Trafford on the 6th May.

:eek: #44 that number will be retired one day. After Januzaj beats Giggs' records of appearances, goals and assists.
No he will start wearing #7 in a couple of years.

That number will then be retired after he has more of an impact than Best, Cantona, Beckham and Ronaldo put together.

Can we play Suarez in the U-21 games until his ban is over?

It would be hillarious to see him rock up to Old Trafford on the 6th May.

Nah. We can organise some FA-sanctioned preseason games though, ala the one in which Rooney got sent off and banned for a PL game. I assume they would cover suspensions as well :D

untitled-1fhuht.gif

lol

Splinter Cell contracted a terminal illness with Double Agent, Convicted killed it, and Blacklist is the gas escaping from its putrid belly.

dc89

Nah. We can organise some FA-sanctioned preseason games though, ala the one in which Rooney got sent off and banned for a PL game. I assume they would cover suspensions as well :D

untitled-1fhuht.gif

lol

Splinter Cell contracted a terminal illness with Double Agent, Convicted killed it, and Blacklist is the gas escaping from its putrid belly.

Holy shit. What have they done with this series. Chaos Theory is the best stealth experience I have ever played. The graphics were awesome for the time, the gameplay was right and the levels were incredibly designed.

Amazing lighting and kick arse music.

RIP Splinter Cell.

Zabojnik

Hahaha, just saw this:

Remember 1997? When:
- Bayern won the Bundesliga
- Juventus won Serie A
- Manchester United won the PL
- Stuttgart won the DFB cup
- Hertha and Kaiserslautern were promoted to the Bundesliga

and Juventus should've won the CL :D

I remember it all too well. :/

i dislike skinny girls, much prefer the wide hips, round butt, thick legs, big breasts type of women.

Sounds like odd_morsel's worst nightmare.

Quite a few reports that Ancelotti will leave PSG and go to Madrid.

Pretty great move for him.

What is it with all these "artificially" rich clubs? The first few years under the new petrol-owners are always such a mess. Players and managers coming and going.

I tried to use Hola to watch Netflix from abroad, I read about some of lads from here using it. Anyway, during the signup process it asks for credit card info. I assume a US one? What's the best way to get through that bit?

Holy shit. What have they done with this series. Chaos Theory is the best stealth experience I have ever played. The graphics were awesome for the time, the gameplay was right and the levels were incredibly designed.

Amazing lighting and kick arse music.

RIP Splinter Cell.

I 100%ed every level except for the one in the steam room

Incredible, incredible game. Only stealth game I've played where the mechanics alone elevate it to MGS standard.

dc89

I 100%ed every level except for the one in the steam room

Incredible, incredible game. Only stealth game I've played where the mechanics alone elevate it to MGS standard.

I dream that the series can return to that quality. But it needs a few years off and then it needs rebooting.

It's stupid now.

There´s been more talk about Man Utd buying Bruma now but letting him stay one more season with us. I don´t like it, there already too many big clubs snooping around for him.
For those who don´t know him, here´s his first senior goal.

Top Bottom