• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Meier

Reading through the pages before that. All the blood has just rushed to my head... I have the biggest smile on my face right now.

Fuck off Nasri. Two times he's decided to let the ball try and go out and it hrt us.

OMG AGUERO

Ahahaha, what a moment. QPR got a throw-in and just kind of tossed it back towards our end and then the break was on.

Was typing on my phone and then this happened.

http://statigr.am/p/190461655244243318_1372719

Now I want to play Mario Galaxy 2 again, and play the Fluffy Buff Galaxy!

Dat music.

Mario's shit, you're shit, resign immediately.

Wilbs just said you were playing deadly premonition, even mario galaxy music will sound like shit compared to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OUP_Z3iZPs

Knew what it would be well before clicking the link. Is there an FF add-on so I can get a video title/description before clicking the link?

This chap was a goalkeeper for Plymouth.

Flanagan doesn't even play in England anymore afaik.

Yeah he's in Australia playing football and working as a florist. :lol

The championship manager wonderkid that he was racing with completely stopped playing a few years back after failing here.

That music is so catchy lol, I'm humming it now.

Game is pretty fun despite the shit animations lol, characters seem very well-written. York is batshit insane :p

Half of it is a direct copy of twin peaks, lol, it used to be even more of a copy but they decided to delay it for a year or two to change it as it was borderline plagiarism, even the two twins was midgets instead. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbbhwO7pRHA

Shame on Suarez for not appealing the bite sanction. 10-game ban is ridiculous, the FA clearly has something against him.

lol

Meier

What a moment. Immortalized in time.

jbmydb2E2gPIIh.JPG

(Peter Dinklage on the cover of Rolling Stone in the bottom right!)

Half of it is a direct copy of twin peaks, lol, it used to be even more of a copy but they decided to delay it for a year or two to change it as it was borderline plagiarism, even the two twins was midgets instead. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbbhwO7pRHA

lol holy shit! I love Twin Peaks so this is right up my alley. I can definitely see Twin Peaks influences, even the police station is like a direct layout of the Twin Peaks police station, lol. Also the diner :p

Tc91

So is Dragon's Dogma. So good.

I'm hooked on Nintendo at the moment, Monster Hunter, Mario 3D Land, Pokemon, Fire Emblem. Bought a XL not too long ago, really need to get round to putting my og 3ds up for sale.

:lolol what a cunt.

Saw that last night, what a joke. Charizard for $99 LOL.

Also you have to buy ammo. How did that even make it on to the app store?

Ingeniero

OK, what's the opinion of futbolGAF

PES vs FIFA ?

I personally prefer FIFA, but I used to play a lot of PES some years ago.
But the lack of licenses for team names made me jump ship, North London, wtf damn.

I think both are good in gameplay and features.

PES vs FIFA ?

But the lack of licenses for team names made me jump ship, North London, wtf damn.

FIFA is better but only because PES is so crap.

It's like United winning the league.

PES vs FIFA ?

At the risk of repeating myself to the point of boring myself and everyone else, I'll keep it concise

PES5&6 are astounding
FIFA is shit
PES is shitter
People only think FIFA is good because PES is more shit
Football games will forever be shit unless a new challenger forces them to up their games

Tc91

FIFA.

PES has some really good elements though but they just haven't nailed it. I think if the next PES gets it right I could probably enjoy it more than FIFA.

Be a legend is so much better than FIFA's version and some of the attacking plays in PES is really good.

PES vs FIFA ?

PES Has been shit ever since leaving last gen, don't think Fifa is amazing really, but it's just not even close with Konami being their usual incompetent selves. On PS2 PES was the king though, even with not having the licenses.

Also missing the licenses has become a bigger problem for me this gen, as I now want to play online and use real teams there mostly, not to mention how fucking slow Konami are at updating transfers, it's not that hard, jesus. Only thing I prefer is the menus of PES, so bad in fifa.

PES vs FIFA ?

Nowadays? FIFA. But the memories of ISS Pro 98 and PES 1-6 will be eternal.
What we really need is a sequel for Football Kingdom that can actually reach the west.
Those goddamned nets still look miles better than any other game since and it makes scoring so much more satisfying.

Ingeniero

lol
What would you improve or change in both games? the ball physics?
More realistic power shots?

Better atmosphere and chants in stadiums? better AI?
I enjoyed FIFA10 a lot, but the ball "feel" was off sometimes...

lol

I enjoy FIFA10 a lot, but the ball "feel" was off sometimes...

Ball and impact physics, make the animation better and more fluid, better AI is also a given.

Bumhead

Banned

PES vs FIFA ?

Lack of licenses shouldn't really be an excuse to jump ship anymore with PES unless you're on Xbox 360. Unless that's changed since I last used an Xbox.. did they ever find an easy way to get edit data on the 360 version?

The modding community for the PC version especially is crazy. By the time they've finished PES ends up looking more authentic than FIFA.

FIFA is a better game though for now, although I'm looking forward to seeing how the changes for PES 2014 work out. I generally agree with Hitcher though, they're both pretty shit at the minute. I've been dissapointed with every football game released since PES6 in one way or another.

bud

PES vs FIFA ?

pes. fifa's like playing ping pong.

lol

I enjoyed FIFA10 a lot, but the ball "feel" was off sometimes...

What would improve PES : If Konami sold the IP to another publisher.

Lack of licenses shouldn't really be an excuse to jump ship anymore with PES unless you're on Xbox 360. Unless that's changed since I last used an Xbox.. did they ever find an easy way to get edit data on the 360 version?

The modding community for the PC version especially is crazy. By the time they've finished PES ends up looking more authentic than FIFA.

FIFA is a better game though for now, although I'm looking forward to seeing how the changes for PES 2014 work out. I generally agree with Hitcher though, they're both pretty shit at the minute. I've been dissapointed with every football game released since PES6 in one way or another.

Still can't play with modded teams online, can you?

and while both games got joke stats, PES often misses first team players completely from Copenhagen and such, lol.

The downside to FIFA is that you rarely see any variation in how the game is played; it's usually the same thing; pace wins the game.

Despite the flaws of PES, it feels very different to play. I'm not sure whether it was the atmosphere (it certainly exudes more than FIFA in this regard, especially during evening games) or the gameplay specifically.

The single biggest reason I buy FIFA each year is primarily down to Clubs, and to a lesser extent, Ultimate Team. But it's likely that -- were PES to impress this time -- I will own both games.

Bumhead

Banned
Still can't play with modded teams online, can you?

and while both games got joke stats, PES often misses first team players completely from Copenhagen and such, lol.

I'm.. not sure. I don't play football games online as to be honest I can't think of a more infuriating gaming experience. But I think you might be right that teams stay un-modded online in PES. Obviously that would still be a problem if you play online.

FIFA is actually pretty horrendous for its famed "authenticity" the further down the leagues you go. Makes me laugh when people moan because Gareth Bale has the wrong boots on or Van Persie has 1 less stat than he apparently should do. At least they're the right fucking skin colour.

I'm.. not sure. I don't play football games online as to be honest I can't think of a more infuriating gaming experience. But I think you might be right that teams stay un-modded online in PES. Obviously that would still be a problem if you play online.

Yeah I would not want that, at all. Also not having a proper clubs mode online is just embarrassing, played +500 matches of that with the GAF club and it has been great fun despite bugs.

Top Bottom