• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Meier

FIFA Clubs is the most fun multiplayer experience around. It can be totally infuriating but I love the conraderie that goes alongside it.

Quiche keeps trying to get me to buy the PC version too and I thought about it but I'd hate to have to start my Pro over and I get really worked up when clubbing so I don't think it'd work well in the living room. :lol

FIFA Clubs is the most fun multiplayer experience around. It can be totally infuriating but I love the conraderie that goes alongside it.

Quiche keeps trying to get me to buy the PC version too and I thought about it but I'd hate to have to start my Pro over and I get really worked up when clubbing so I don't think it'd work well in the living room. :lol

Well you can keep playing your 360 version or you can join our amazingly successful and awesome club.

because they like money?

Like all negotiations, I'd imagine it begins with a player wanting to get X or something reasonably close to it. Agents also like money. Remove them, you remove the commission fees meaning you the player could potentially earn more for yourself.

Feorax

FA state in their written reasons that Suarez's previous record was not taken into account when considering the ban.

What a load of crap.

Like all negotiations, I'd imagine it begins with a player wanting to get X or something reasonably close to it. Agents also like money. Remove them, you remove the commission fees meaning you the player could potentially earn more for yourself.

If it was that simple do you really think they would use agents? It's not like all he does is sit there when it comes to negotiating.

Believe FC, we are like Barcelona but with less cunts.

I don't know about that. If anything we got as many cunts, but play like Stoke!

• Biting is "deplorable". It is a "truly exceptional" case.
  • Yes, Defoe bit someone too but the ref saw it and so we couldn't give any punishments.

It doesn't make sense for the FA to justify the ban by characterising the nature of the incident as so repugnant that they had to act, whilst simultaneously defending their inaction over the Defoe incident because "the ref saw it".

If an incident involved racially derogative language, and the ref "heard it" but only cautioned the guilty party, would the FA sit on their hands in silence and use the same justification for inaction?

Yeah, but players are stupid so it's likely they wouldn't get themselves a good or even a fair deal without one. And you'd definitely get clubs taking advantage of players, especially young ones. A lot of agents also act like scouts, and they also arrange trials for young players.

I'm sure there are some decent agents out there. But the ones that everyone knows are massive pricks who exist only to make maximum profit and influence Europe's top clubs. Zahavi, Raiola, Mendes, Figer, etc...

Yeah, but players are stupid so it's likely they wouldn't get themselves a good or even a fair deal without one. And you'd definitely get clubs taking advantage of players, especially young ones. A lot of agents also act like scouts, and they also arrange trials for young players.

I'm sure there are some decent agents out there. But the ones that everyone knows are massive pricks who exist only to make maximum profit and influence Europe's top clubs. Zahavi, Raiola, Mendes, Figer, etc...

Good point

Ingeniero

Not all players are bright enough to deal with all the contractual stuff, and with all the travelling I don't think they have the time either, so agents are quite handy.

faridmon

Except that they would spend more time negotiating and doing community shit instead of actually playing football...

faridmon

OMGOMGOMOMG Nancy Whang of LCD Soundsystem and The Juan Maclean fam is in London and is doing a talk along with doing a live set tonight.

Holy Shit!

Slizz

While I can't directly respond to Meus due to the request of himself I will say players have agents because a players job is to train and play which is already a full time job. Setting up meetings with clubs and goin out to find suitors is a whole different job. Plus age and inexperience also pays a role, no 16 yr old knows how to deal with such wealth an responsibility. Why do multi millionaires have financial advisors?

Meier

Marco Ligi is his name. He's a striker.

Oh and he's a ginger :lol

What year are you in? I have some awesome guys in my academy but it takes awhile for them to develop. The career/manager mode in FIFA is quite slow even if you don't play that many games. I've mostly just done Clubs this year but I'm only in 2015 with my Manager.

Got a keeper who should be an 89-94... hnnggghhhh.

Carbonox

What year are you in? I have some awesome guys in my academy but it takes awhile for them to develop. The career/manager mode in FIFA is quite slow even if you don't play that many games. I've mostly just done Clubs this year but I'm only in 2015 with my Manager.

It doesn't help that it takes a year to get from one week to the next in career mode. Terrible UI and performance. Hopefully the big change in FIFA 14's one results in a smoother experience but that's a big 'hopefully'.

3Sixty

Long interview with Schneiderlin on Saints website.

"Cortese had an offer from a club for me, he called me in and rejected the offer right in front of my face and said “Morgan, I know you are just 18 – but you are going to grow with this club, just like Adam Lallana”"

Don Cortese is a boss of bosses.

Bo-Locks

What percentage of players have agents? I can understand players building massive brands like Beckham, Messi, Rooney etc needing agents and young players looking for contacts and opportunities, but surely 30-year-old John Smith playing in the bottom of the PL, Championship, League One etc does not need an agent/sports management company leeching off of them. Just get a solicitor to negotiate/review the contract and be done with it. It's the players that hold the power and agents just seem to have this illusion of power and shady dealings that enable them to leech off of young, naive and stupid players who don't know any better.

I remember reading about how Scholes signed his contracts at United. He's been with the club his entire career and I don't think he's ever had any agents representing him, so he literally just signed the contracts when they were put in front of him without any fuss. That's a unique situation since he's an anti-social hermit, isn't interested in money or fame and has been with United and Ferguson his entire career. But it's still nice to hear that something like that can actually happen.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The thing I hate more than agents are the sports agencies that own a player's rights. Traffic is an example of this and they are terrible.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arjen Robben
Contract: 5,5M. Expires: 2015. Age: 29

Alexis Sanchez
Contract: 5,8M. Expires: 2016. Age: 24

Stevan Jovetic
Contract: 2,5M. Expires: 2016. Age: 23

Edinson Cavani
Contract: 5M. Expires: 2017. Age:26

Zlatan Ibrahimovic
Contract: 14M. Expires: 2015. Age: 31

Luis Suarez
Contract: 6,5M. Expires: 2018. Age:26

Meier

It doesn't help that it takes a year to get from one week to the next in career mode. Terrible UI and performance. Hopefully the big change in FIFA 14's one results in a smoother experience but that's a big 'hopefully'.

Yeah, it's all very slow and the problem is that I don't find the simulations to be that reliable half the time so I end up playing games too which of course slows it down much more. Even when going up against weak teams, it's rare to see your team crush them even though they should. My Porto team is loaded with a 4-1-2-3 lineup of something like (going offhand):

Bernd Leno (84)
Alba (84) - Sakho (86) - Badstuber (89) - Danilo (83)
Kara (86)
M'Vila (86) - Gundogan (85)
Muniain (88) - Reus (89) - Iturbe (82)

And I'll beat some of the very weak Portuguese teams 1-0 or 2-0 frequently. It's quite unusual. The manager doesn't sub enough in simulations either.

Linius

I'm in december of 2015 at the moment. My fourth season at Ajax. I applyed at Spurs when I got the chance this season but they turned me down because my credentials weren't good enough. I won two CL's, four league titles and a few other cups ffs.

I love how in FIFA 12, the gingers are the worst character models in the game. Baby face and all. Makes it easier to hate the officials for dumb fuck decisions.

Dat money

eB5drs2.jpg

The ginger in motion about to score a goal

Oh and everyone should buy Adryan, a real gem. Not too expensive and you'll sell him for somewhere between 30 and 40 mln.

Top Bottom