• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Lille were 3-0 up and then drew the game 3-3? Fine every player a week's wages

I would love Klopp at Arsenal, simply for his personality. He said a while back that when he began his career he had dreamed of managing in England, but he then fell in love with German football; to him it was the pinnacle of the beautiful game. The recent developments surroundings Bayern lately, however, may have fundamentally skewed his love affair.

It's time to come home, Jürgen. Take us to the Promised Land

19.jpg

Meier

I would love Klopp at Arsenal, simply for his personality. He said a while back that when he began his career he had dreamed of managing in England, but he then fell in love with German football; to him it was the pinnacle of the beautiful game. The recent developments surroundings Bayern lately, however, may have fundamentally skewed his love affair.

It's time to come home, Jürgen. Take us to the Promised Land

19.jpg

That is a lovely photograph. I would kill to have Klopp at City.

Sloosha

Oh wow, just saw Chalobah's goal! Lovely strike and a nice celebration with Zola after. Good to see one of our youngsters progressing nicely in a position we could surely improve on.

I too would love for Klopp to manage Chelsea
for half a season :)

MPW

Nothing worse from getting beat 4-1 than hearing Flo is gunning for Ancelotti. makes me wanna cry myself a river so i can drown myself in my river of tears. also hearing only reason we are interested in cavani is that ancelotti likes him and thus we are showing interest as to entice carlo. just writing on wall but damnit remain just writing on wall!

why is ancelotti a bad choice?

tumblr_m1fwsw0jPP1r7jzw9o1_500.jpg

We all know Klopp's future joyous jumping days are at Old Trafford with Shinji.

ronaldo-laugh.gif

Timurid

PSG are looking at Jupp, Wenger, or Mourinho for Ancelotti's replacement.

I would like Ancelotti to stay, but that's out of the picture. I don't want Mourinho anymore so i hope he will join Chelsea. Between Jupp and Wenger I would prefer Wenger, but Jupp is a good choice too.

Klopp would be a dream signing, but you never know! Right KidA?!?!?

MPW

PSG are looking at Jupp, Wenger, or Mourinho for Ancelotti's replacement.

I would like Ancelotti to stay, but that's out of the picture. I don't want Mourinho anymore so i hope he will join Chelsea. Between Jupp and Wenger I would prefer Wenger, but Jupp is a good choice too.

Klopp would be a dream signing, but you never know! Right KidA?!?!?

wait, why don't you want mourinho anymore?

Timurid

wait, why don't you want mourinho anymore?

I know he will jump ship in a season or 2 and I want someone long term.

Plus, I don't like how he managed Real this season. When you have a squad like Real has, you have no excuse for performing below par like they did.

Lightning

Banned

Yep. Ship Wenger off to PSG with his bloated salary and bring in Klopp!

Honestly I would either want Klopp or Frank De Boer. Both would be great at Arsenal, imo.

jtb

Banned
Yep. Ship Wenger off to PSG with his bloated salary and bring in Klopp!

Honestly I would either want Klopp or Frank De Boer. Both would be great at Arsenal, imo.

Another choice I'd take is Van Gaal. Got dat Barca DNA, completely breathed new life into this Bayern side and essentially built the spine for this current world class team, believes in youth, attractive football, etc. Probably be available after the World Cup too, which is conveniently when Wenger's contract expires.

Lightning

Banned
Milchmonster is gonna come in raging :lol
Why? Milch should be honoured that Dortmund is thought of so highly here. Never bashed, majority like their style, wants their players/manager in their team.

United fans can make squads all they like with Dortmund players but it means nothing.

I think if Dortmund received the Bayern treatment that would annoy him more.

Another choice I'd take is Van Gaal. Got dat Barca DNA, completely breathed new life into this Bayern side and essentially built the spine for this current world class team, believes in youth, attractive football, etc. Probably be available after the World Cup too, which is conveniently when Wenger's contract expires.
Yeah, I forgot about him. Van Gaal is excellent I would take him in a heartbeat as well. I honestly don't think Wenger will extend after next season so that's when the major change should happen.

I hope Wenger comes to Paris and Arsenal gets relegated in the following season.
LOL. In the meantime all your expensive signings stop dead in their tracks and all your money becomes paperweight because Wenger won't spend it. Buy players who Wenger doesn't want and he wont join PSG. Have fun.

Turok_TTZ

why is ancelotti a bad choice?

Mou and Carlo are practically the same, except carlo is missing a stick and a pair between his legs and has class, he would literally change nothing. we would play exactly as we are now under carlo, which is exactly the problem. Maybe he would instill a plan of attack unlike mou who relies on individual brilliance but... I'm not confident in ancelotti at all. we would remain a defensive counter based team. at least he won't burn bridges with players like mou has done but... Ancelotti is meh. might as well keep Mourinho lol.

For those interested. I would like in the following order of who I want to replace mou shud he be fired:
1.Klopp
2.Laudrup
3.Pellegrini
4.Toril (just to see what would happen and the lols)
5.Bernd Schuster
6.Luciano Spalletti
7.Rafael Benitez

As much as I love Vicente Del Bosque... Not a chance in hell for him.

Suen

I hope Wenger comes to Paris and Arsenal gets relegated in the following season.
The only team getting relegated is PSG. Everyone will soon realize that your dream project made of oil money is nothing but shit, the expensive players will leave for real teams and the oil lords will betray you. Also Toro will have Juve's foot up its arse this weekend, get bent.

Suen

Mou and Carlo are practically the same, except carlo is missing a stick and a pair between his legs and has class, he would literally change nothing. we would play exactly as we are now under carlo, which is exactly the problem. Maybe he would instill a plan of attack unlike mou who relies on individual brilliance but... I'm not confident in ancelotti at all. we would remain a defensive counter based team. at least he won't burn bridges with players like mou has done but... Ancelotti is meh. might as well keep Mourinho lol.

For those interested. I would like in the following order of who I want to replace mou shud he be fired:
1.Klopp
2.Laudrup
3.Pellegrini
5.Bernd Schuster
6.Luciano Spalletti
7.Rafael Benitez

I definitely agree with your top three. Klopp is out of the question so I'd like to see Laudrup and if not him then Pellegrini. I wonder if Heynckes would be interested in giving Madrid another go, who knows maybe he will bring our La Lolima.

What is going on here
Fuck Bayern

I am genuinely ready for a managerial change at Arsenal. It's not about the lack of trophies. It's about the lack of any real progress or development since our move from Highbury. I'd like some new ideas brought in by a new manager.

There hasn't been any buzz or excitement around the Emirates for a long time now. The team has no identity, has no style, no specific match winners. Honestly, we're shit to watch as well

lol

Douchemond fans with their "we want Kagawa back" polls can shut the fuck up

One little cup run and they think they're special

:lol

MPW

1.Klopp
2.Laudrup
3.Pellegrini
5.Bernd Schuster
6.Luciano Spalletti
7.Rafael Benitez

no just no

jtb

Banned
I am genuinely ready for a managerial change at Arsenal. It's not about the lack of trophies. It's about the lack of any real progress or development since our move from Highbury. I'd like some new ideas brought in by a new manager.

There hasn't been any buzz or excitement around the Emirates for a long time now. The team has no identity, has no style, no specific match winners. Honestly, we're shit to watch as well

:lol

Agreed. Honestly, Wenger should've resigned the moment he sold Cesc. that was clearly the moment when he realized his philosophy was proven a failure.

Lightning

Banned
Agreed. Honestly, Wenger should've resigned the moment he sold Cesc. that was clearly the moment when he realized his philosophy was proven a failure.
Cesc's departure was certainly the end of the dream for Wenger. He hasn't been the same since Cesc left, it's like Cesc took a piece of Wenger's heart with him. Since that sale he just hasn't seemed like the same manager we once had.

Im going back to bed!
Everyone loves Dortmund. Fuck Bayern!

Turok_TTZ

no just no

I appreciate Schuster for his direct style football and spalletti for being tactical yet offensive.
I don't want benitez any more than the other guy but... seeing a madridista back in the fold could change things for us and for him in a positive way.
Do you know better options MPW i wud like to hear them.

Jupp henyckes will never come to madrid again. he left in real bad terms. no madrid man i know wud want him back.
Madrid should get Zdenek Zeman. Just imagine with the players they have how amazing that would be.
that would most certainly be interesting. better than benitez and ancelotti for sure.

Lightning

Banned
Everyone knows it's the board. Doesn't change the fact that Wenger clearly doesn't give a shit anymore.
The RVP sale proved that beyond any doubt.

Wenger is 100% accountable for Cesc's sale and the fact that we got low balled on the deal. And Arsene Wenger is also responsible for the fuck up that has been this seasons premier league knowingly and admitting selling Utd our best player . There is no logical explanation to justify Wenger strengthening Man Utd by selling them RVP instead of accepting the offer from Juventus, albeit 8mil less, but we would have gotten rid of a problem rather then strengthen our enemy.

To top it off, after personally ensuring the deal was done he tells Ferguson "He is even better than you realise". You would think we were drinking buddies with United with this sort of support in the offering.

Meier

I'm in 2019 and Gabriel Torje is an absolute beast in my FM save. Won the adidas Golden Shoe two years running. 4 years of 30+ goals in a row for the computer's Roma. He's apparently an Udinese player on loan at Granada this year.

jtb

Banned
The RVP sale proved that beyond any doubt.

Wenger is 100% accountable for Cesc's sale and the fact that we got low balled on the deal. And Arsene Wenger is also responsible for the fuck up that has been this seasons premier league knowingly and admitting selling Utd our best player . There is no logical explanation to justify Wenger strengthening Man Utd by selling them RVP instead of accepting the offer from Juventus, albeit 8mil less, but we would have gotten rid of a problem rather then strengthen our enemy.

To top it off, after personally ensuring the deal was done he tells Ferguson "He is even better than you realise". You would think we were drinking buddies with United with this sort of support in the offering.

It's just bizarre; he's putting all these players before the club. He even admitted that at City RVP would be just be one of many star players and he wouldn't really be strengthening them—so why beg Utd to buy him then?

Top Bottom