• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

fuenf

I've been waiting for a website like this to appear.

il9Ql5ffRtbyg.jpg

who needs a midfield?

Wilbur

Banned
I can see us doing something dumb but we aren't going to lose 1-0. We only lose 1-0 at home. Away from home we always go down swinging if we lose, second highest away goalscorers in the league. I can't see Wigan keeping a clean sheet.

4-2 to Wigan then :lol

fuenf

You know it baby

Imagine this in CL final

This is how we do it, defense and attack only. This is how you win.

who needs defense? midfield and attack only!

------------Neuer---------------
--Lahm -- Martinez -- Alaba--
----------Schweini-------------
--Müller -- Götze -- Ribery--
Robben - Mandzukic - Shaqiri

Lightning

Banned
You know, I've thought about that. Would Isco really cost 35m?

I know it's his (rumored?) release clause. But let's be honest, I doubt he wants to stay at Malaga without CL and Europa League. So, who would actually pay 35m for him? Madrid, Barca, Chelsea don't really need him now. United and Arsenal won't pay 35m for Isco. There's always City and PSG but I'm not so sure if they want him.

I think it's possible that he moves at a price cheaper than his release clause.
Real Madrid are the main ones I would wager on wanting him. Unlikely he moves to England. Arsenal not interested as Wenger wants Wilshere in that role and we have Cazorla as well and all sources close to Arsenal point to Wenger being much more interested in Draxler.

If Isco doesn't go to Real Madrid then Dortmund have a great shot at getting him. Dortmund would appeal to him I'm sure.

35mil is the release clause and Malaga don't want to sell. Player has said he doesn't mind staying but that changes when big clubs come calling of course.

De Bruyne has amassed 9 assists and 6 goals so far at a team that plays against relegation (Bremen).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EoG5s49jTI

Especially his work rate/tenacity must have impressed Klopp.

I don't know man, we posted a 35m profit last season, now our CL revenue is 25-30 more than last season + 37m for Götze. We just simply have to invest to stay competitive, raise our profile, send positive signals to the rest of the squad.
Yeah, Chelsea have been really stupid with Lukaku imho. Maybe Mou will change that..
De Bruyne looks great, nice touches in there. Hope that deal is true.

I agree about the intent to the rest of your squad. Just saying that of the players youre linked with Isco would be by far the hardest to get. 35mil and he has a lot of clubs interested in him but playing for Dortmund would be attractive to him I'm sure.

Come on mate, waiting all night in line for Dillinger Escape Plan tickets isn't that bad.

You think there's enough people wanting to watch Dillinger for that? :p

It's a good day if there's even a line at the shows around these parts, hell last time they let the few of us waiting an hour before the show opened into their bus because it was cold outside lol.

Sorry if its already been discussed but has anyone seen the Nathaniel Chalobah goal vs Leicester yesterday? Incredible.

Youtube

Dat player, on loan from Chelsea.

So fucking good and obviously a huge talent. Will probably end up nearly giving him away, just for some other big club to use big money on him a few years later though.

Wilbur

Banned
SportsMail writers' team of the year

DOMINIC KING

Formation: 4-3-3

Team: Petr Cech; Glen Johnson, Matija Nastasic, Rio Ferdinand, Leighton Baines; Michael Carrick, Steven Gerrard, Yaya Toure; Luis Suarez, Robin van Persie, Gareth Bale.

Manager: Michael Laudrup.

MATT BARLOW

Team: Petr Cech; Pablo Zabaleta, Phil Jagielka, David Luiz, Leighton Baines; Mousa Dembele, Michael Carrick, Yaya Toure; Juan Mata, Robin van Persie, Gareth Bale.

Manager: Sir Alex Ferguson.

IAN LADYMAN

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Team: Tim Howard; Pablo Zabaleta, Rio Ferdinand, Matija Nastasic, Leighton Baines; Michael Carrick, Ramires; Juan Mata, Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale; Robin van Persie.

Manager: Steve Clarke.

NEIL MOXLEY

Team: Brad Guzan; Pablo Zabaleta, Vincent Kompany, Jan Vertonghen, Leighton Baines; Morgan Schneiderlin, Youssouf Mulumbu; Kevin Mirallas, Juan Mata, Gareth Bale; Michu.

SAMI MOKBEL

Team: Asmir Begovic; Pablo Zabaleta, Rio Ferdinand, Ashley Williams, Leighton Baines; Mousa Dembele, Michael Carrick; Juan Mata, Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale; Robin van Persie.

NEIL ASHTON

Team: David de Gea; Pablo Zabaleta, Rio Ferdinand, Jan Vertonghen, Leighton Baines; Steven Gerrard, Ramires; Eden Hazard, Juan Mata, Gareth Bale; Robin van Persie

LAURA WILLIAMSON

Team: Asmir Begovic; Pablo Zabaleta, Phil Jagielka, Jan Vertonghen, Leighton Baines; Michael Carrick, Marouane Fellaini; Juan Mata, Luis Suarez, Gareth Bale; Robin van Persie.

COLIN YOUNG

Team: Simon Mignolet; Seamus Coleman, Nemanja Vidic, Jan Vertonghen, Leighton Baines; Juan Mata, Michael Carrick, Gareth Bale; Michu, Luis Suarez, Robin van Persie.

KEVIN KILBANE

Team: Simon Mignolet; Rafael da Silva, Ashley Williams, Jan Vertonghen, Leighton Baines; Juan Mata, Marouane Fellaini, Gareth Bale; Michu, Robin van Persie, Luis Suarez.

Mostly solid - Laura Williamson's is closest to mine - but some odd choices in there lol. Ramires? I really like him but he hasn't been a patch on last year. Yaya getting too many mentions as well, and Mulumbu over Yacob stood out too.

Think when I do mine I'll do a top 4/5 one and then a rest of league one, so players like Michu/Benteke don't get omitted.

So fucking good and obviously a huge talent. Will probably end up nearly giving him away, just for some other big club to use big money on him a few years later though.

I always thought he was a defender but this season he's played a holding midfield player... Mikel is just rubbish, so I really do think that we should keep him around the squad and use him and Romeu next season if they don't want to buy.

Wilbur

Banned
Sorry if its already been discussed but has anyone seen the Nathaniel Chalobah goal vs Leicester yesterday? Incredible.

Youtube

Dat player, on loan from Chelsea.

Yeah, that was fucking great. Such a powerful hit. Should look into accommodating him and McEachran next year and the need for midfielders won't be quite so large.

FootballFan

Didn't check but can you pick the same team for both sides but from different years?

Arsenal 08 for example vs Arsenal now. Or ManUtd etc.

I haven't been keeping up with Zenit, Witsel has potential up the ass, is he playing like shit?

No, he's quite good although he holds up play too much by holding on to the ball too long for my liking. We did need to buy him(or a player like him) since our midfield is ooold and we needed some young blood. He's good, just not 40 million good. Oh well, it's not my money and it looks like we might be making another splash this summer.

spidye

What the hell is wrong with Bayern? Has fear taken them over or something. They've completely lost it. For all their double standard speeches about City and Chelsea they are fucking worse.
What the hell? Bayern just announced they didn't make any offer to Dortmund or lewandoswki.
Are peple just so full of blind rage they turn off common sense?

What the hell is wrong with Bayern? Has fear taken them over or something. They've completely lost it. For all their double standard speeches about City and Chelsea they are fucking worse.

Yep, double standards should be their new motto.

don't believe that for a second. It's a ridiculous amount they would never pay. At least not if they haven't completely lost their marbles.

Well, maybe they have. Not talking to other clubs too..

Sport.es says we might want to trigger Deulofeu's clause (10m) :O
Barca would probably go mad and sign Hummels to come back at us (while bleeding money at the same time, hue hue).

Lightning

Banned
What the hell? Bayern just announced they didn't make any offer to Dortmund or lewandoswki.
Are peple just so full of blind rage they turn off xommon sense?
Bayern would say that, wouldn't they? Since you would be breaking the rules otherwise although that's okay at Bayern as well apparantly. Following the law isn't somethng their management do.

And it's not hate. It's fact. Bayern are throwing money around worse than Man City and yet they've condemned Man City for it on more than one occasion. You don't even need these players, it has to be greed and fear.

FootballFan

^Oi Phantast2k, leave Deulofeu alone. Cunts.

HOOF!

iZt3SPC.jpg

One nil West Ham, or we get destroyed on the break, lol. Hopefully Winston 'The Beast' Reid has a good game, so you can all recognise how great he is.

No one will ever recognise. Ever since his days at my club Midtyland, to being undefeated with the all whites, to captaining West Ham, he has always been a beast.

They'll recognise today when he leaves the field with Tevez, Aguero, Silva and Nasri in his pockets.

Top Bottom