• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

WJD

Seeing it at 8. Quite like the first, hate the second. Ben Kingsley has a real marmite career for me. Intrigued by Shane Black.

My exact thoughts going in to it. I'm confident it'll be nowhere near as shite as the second though, so that's something.

Fergie

Banned
just because he's black doesn't mean he looks like moses. he left chelsea if i remember correctly

Both teams can go down and stay down. One is the footballing equivalent of pasteurised milk and one is a cavalcade of cunts from chairman to coach
Lol. Indeed

Fire sale if QPR go down or stay up.

Wes

venison crêpe
BI4KJqBCYAEGTUY.jpg

Hoooooooooooooooooooly crap. I'm creasing up.

Zabojnik

This can't be the same Coutinho that played for Merda. I refuse to believe it. I know Inter turns everything into shit, but even so. Looks like a completely different player. Dat Rodgers.

Happy for Borini too. Never rated him highly, but I'm glad he's back.

Wilbur

Banned
Arsenal vs United was a huge win, but the fact that the City loss was a derby amplifies the sting a bit, IMO.

Yeah that's true, but it was a tad out of context considering it was 3-1 until the last minute. Obv City deserved to win, but they weren't 6-1 better if you know what I mean.

Whereas today, and the 8-2, and games like Spurs 9-1 Wigan, the gulf in class was just so obvious.

Wilbur

Banned
Pescara - Napoli. Cavani is suspended.

A win/draw for Pescara and we'll be crowned champions tomorrow.

Saint pulga hated it too.

He said in the OT he liked it but he was disappointed. Seems to have problems with the direction it took from the story it's based on as well, whereas I haven't read that shit so won't find that an issue hopefully.

Liverpool decided to dip into our anuses rather than the usual bins.

Looooooool

Man I love you. Please don't leave football again.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He said in the OT he liked it but he was disappointed. Seems to have problems with the direction it took from the story it's based on as well, whereas I haven't read that shit so won't find that an issue hopefully.

Looooooool

It's a superhero movie, a popcorn movie, no need to have high expectations anyway. Go and enjoy the show. Oh and Robert Downey Jr ♥

pulga

Banned

Looooooool

Me? I specifically said I didnt care about the liberties taken with Extremis!

GorillaJu

I don't think we're better without Suarez, not in a million years, but I do think we gain a little by having a Suarez-less team. The passing was so fluid and efficient today, and we never gave the ball away for easy counter-attacks, which made a huge difference.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a superhero movie, a popcorn movie, no need to have high expectations anyway. Go and enjoy the show. Oh and Robert Downey Jr ♥

Oh of course :) seeing it for fun, expecting an entertaining two hours and nothing more.

Always fascinates me however looking at the actors that are in superhero movies over time though, it really does. Jack Nicholson in Batman! Jeff Bridges, Ed Norton, Anthony Hopkins, Alfred Molina, Brian Cox... some really good actors take roles I thought might have been 'beneath' them, so to speak. Kingsley looks really good in IM3 I think. Haven't liked anything he did for ages until he was superb in Hugo.

Me? I specifically said I didnt care about the liberties taken with Extremis!

I'm sure you said something about taking liberties with something, or the direction it went or whatever. Fucked if I know.

jtb

Banned
Oh of course :) seeing it for fun, expecting an entertaining two hours and nothing more.

Always fascinates me however looking at the actors that are in superhero movies over time though, it really does. Jack Nicholson in Batman! Jeff Bridges, Ed Norton, Anthony Hopkins, Alfred Molina, Brian Cox... some really good actors take roles I thought might have been 'beneath' them, so to speak. Kingsley looks really good in IM3 I think. Haven't liked anything he did for ages until he was superb in Hugo.

easy paycheck. see: brando is the original superman.

Zabojnik

Pescara - Napoli. Cavani is suspended.

A win/draw for Pescara and we'll be crowned champions tomorrow.

Holy shit, no Cavani? Football gods, grant me this one wish. All I ask for is a draw.

I don't think we're better without Suarez, not in a million years, but I do think we gain a little by having a Suarez-less team. The passing was so fluid and efficient today, and we never gave the ball away for easy counter-attacks, which made a huge difference.

c3media1319989immaginet.jpg

Top Bottom