• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Suen

Somewhat of a boring derby. We've had one good chance with Benz, overall Atletico has pushed better, had better chances due to really bad defending from us. Too many offside calls for them though.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't think we're better without Suarez, not in a million years, but I do think we gain a little by having a Suarez-less team. The passing was so fluid and efficient today, and we never gave the ball away for easy counter-attacks, which made a huge difference.

I think it helps that the calibre of the team you came up against wasnt the strongest. Barca without Messi vs some shit team and it's 5-0. But when they're playing against PSG and they don't have him to pass to, the heads dropped. If you were playing City or Chelsea this weekend I could have seen it having more of an effect.

easy paycheck. see: brando is the original superman.

Holy fuck yeah, that has to be the ultimate. But even then Brando didnt really appear to give a shit, but someone like Nicholson and seemingly Kingsley have thrown their all into the role. I'm not a massive fan of the Marvel movies at all tbh, they range between shit and pretty good, but I'm fascinated with the route they're taking.

Fry

Debuchy's a shit cunt btw

ib2prFi25kEdBe.png

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Courtois is a solid keeper but he's shit on free kicks. He always gives up a free kick goal against Madrid it seems

-missed the Barça match. Man, can Valdes just die already

GorillaJu

Newcastle have only won once away from home all season.

Only one home game left vs Arsenal.

They don't look a team, to be honest. Totally disjointed. They have a good group of talented players, but absolutely no togetherness. This can only improve as time goes on, but they can't sacrifice their standing in the PL while they team gels.

Wilbur

Banned
Never understood why an oil man didnt invest in Newcastle. I know it's not London but I always found it odd the City owners wanted to go directly up against us as opposed to going for somewhere like Newcastle where they're the only team in the city with a bigger stadium and it towers over everything in the North East and shit.

GorillaJu

Never understood why an oil man didnt invest in Newcastle. I know it's not London but I always found it odd the City owners wanted to go directly up against us as opposed to going for somewhere like Newcastle where they're the only team in the city with a bigger stadium and it towers over everything in the North East and shit.

City doesn't have much of a history. Probably easier to mold.

Suen

Diego López is shit too. Casillas would've stopped at least two of Lewa's goals.
The whole defense was shit too, wouldn't blame it on him only, but yeah he was bad. Still far better than what Casillas showed this season and both are far better than Valdes, your GK is shit. Keep him away from Arsenal.

keit4

Banned
If Newcastle gets relegated they should sign back Xisco, he is doing great in Segunda division playing for Cordoba.

lol

dc89

The centre of the Earth is 1000 degrees C hotter than originally thought! 6000 C.

Why do football pitches freeze during winter?

Top Bottom