• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Zabojnik

fack, I'd love Reus so badly at Madrid. He's like Müller only we'd actually be able to purchase him!

Like Sahin and Kagawa, he'll lose all the magic once he moves out of Dormund. Same with Goetze and Lewandowski. They're all incredibly overrated.
Envy is bad, mkay. :(

Arnie

Can't wait until even more fans and mangers realise that Dortmund's greater than the sum of its parts. And that Klopp's superior to them. And that money isn't always the answer.

And that moving to United is a dullard's game.

Noirulus

Can't wait until even more fans and mangers realise that Dortmund's greater than the sum of its parts. And that Klopp's superior to them. And that money isn't always the answer.

I agree, but Reus IMO is a different beast. He's been a genius at Borussia Barcelona, with Dortmund, and even the German NT. INJECT HIS SEMEN INTO MY VEINS PLZ

Kyoufu

In a perfect world, nobody would touch Dortmund's team of excellence.

:(

Arnie

I agree, but Reus IMO is a different beast. He's been a genius at Borussia Barcelona, with Dortmund, and even the German NT. INJECT HIS SEMEN INTO MY VEINS PLZ
To be honest its hard to conceive of a scenario whereby Reus isn't a beast, as long as he plays in a team of suitable style or shape.

He'd be boss at Real. He'd be guff in a tablecloth.

Scum

Götze has 22 caps for country and is only 20 years old. Meanwhile, in England, everyone just complains about youngsters and their lack of experience.

In a perfect world, nobody would touch Dortmund's team of excellence.

:(

This. In that perfect world, most clubs will be trying their hardest to emulate Dortmund's excellence. I have my fingers crossed. Here's hoping they're not picked apart in the summer...

Wilbur

Banned
Arnie, its odd that you'd display such blatant jealousy on a day when you beat the fifth best team in the country 6-0 away. Build a bridge.

Fry

That's it. I now have no doubt Dortmund is your second team.

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't even find it hard to argue Fry is a Bayern fan more than a Liverpool fan. I dunno how someone like Fady could equally love two teams. Its a maddening concept to me.

K1LLER7

Thank you.

Since I got the call I've had a perpetual 'I'm fucking shit scared' feeling in my gut.

You'll be fine mate. Just don't tell them you support Liverpool ;P

The worst gut feeling I've ever had, was waiting 30 mins for the UCAS site to load and see if I got accepted into Uni.

Fry and other Bayern fans, I feel like you have to learn a distinction

Team you like: Teams who you want to do well in their domestic leagues and elsewhere if it has no negative impact on your team, but would want to twat 6-0 if you played them

Second teams: Teams who you support to the extent where you'd be happy or pissed off regardless of the outcome if your first and second teams were to play eachother

For all of us I think, Dortmund fit firmly into the first category

Arnie

You'll be fine mate. Just don't tell them you support Liverpool ;P

The worst gut feeling I've ever had, was waiting 30 mins for the UCAS site to load and see if I got accepted into Uni.
Ugh that was awful. Some of my friends knew they'd got into their preferred Uni before opening their A Levels. I didn't. Cacked my pants during the entire process.

The thought of moving down to London on my bill is scary. Frightening even.

FootballFan

I wouldn't even find it hard to argue Fry is a Bayern fan more than a Liverpool fan. I dunno how someone like Fady could equally love two teams. Its a maddening concept to me.

I'll never get it either. Did he yell out INJUSTICA or did he celebrate like mad when Iniesta scored against chelsea?

I'll never get it either. Did he yell out INJUSTICA or did he celebrate like mad when Iniesta scored against chelsea?

Tbf, I felt both, although I was a big fan of what Pep was doing at Barca at the time :p

It was hilarious, but unbelievably unfair and a 'fucking digrace' as a certain footballer would put it :D

AndresON777

shooting blanks

He was probably still a Barca fan then. I only like Barca as my first team (clubs) but I really like Dortmund a lot. It helps that I'm shit at FIFA and Dortmund is fucking unbelievable in that game for me. Seriously, Dortumund is amazing in fifa

Fry

You guys make a big deal out of this because you were already born in a country with popular football and have been supporting a team since your dicks were smaller than Wilbury's current dick size. But people like me can choose a team from whatever league to follow, and will eventually love another one equally.

3 teams is taking the piss though.

Arnie

You guys make a big deal out of this because you were already born in a country with popular football and have been supporting a team since your dicks were smaller than Wilbury's current dick size. But people like me can choose a team from whatever league to follow, and will eventually love another one equally.

That, ladies and gentlemen and G-Unit, is a post.

K1LLER7

Ugh that was awful. Some of my friends knew they'd got into their preferred Uni before opening their A Levels. I didn't. Cacked my pants during the entire process.

The thought of moving down to London on my bill is scary. Frightening even.
The feeling that you have after though. I wouldn't give a shit if United lost 6-0 to Liverpool on the same day.

Are you going to be staying with a relative/friend, or renting a place out?

Also, Doesn't Wilbury live in London? You can join the Rhodes family and even feature in one of his Gifs.

Lightning

Banned

But how can that work? If it was Liverpool vs. Bayern in a CL semi final would you not care who won?

I love Dortmund but I'd always want Arsenal to win first and foremost.

Arnie

The feeling that you have after though. I wouldn't give a shit if United lost 6-0 to Liverpool on the same day.

Also, Doesn't Wilbury live in London? You can join the Rhodes family and even feature in one of his Gifs.
Probably renting a place on my own to begin with.

The idea of kipping round Wilbury's makes things even scarier.

FootballFan

Tbf, I felt both, although I was a big fan of what Pep was doing at Barca at the time :p

It was hilarious, but unbelievably unfair and a 'fucking digrace' as a certain footballer would put it :D

I went absolutely mad! What a great game it was.

Iniesta became a legend right then. When he was subbed off for Gudjohnsen right after scoring, his walk off the field was bad ass. Wish I could relive that moment.

Wilbur

Banned

We would just snuggle on the sofa with some pick and mix and talk about our days, end it with solo handjobs while staring at each other, he'd snooze on the sofa and I'd sit in the rocking chair and watch Come Dine With Me until it was his turn to guard my prone body.

Wilbur

Banned
Aston Villa fans, I was close to supporting you.

Dwight Yorke was my first football love. That smile. That shot. That instinct. That desire to curl up inside Jordan's snatch, impregnate her and then offer little to no monetary support. If he'd stayed at Villa, I would have primarily watched them and probably ended up supporting them.

But he moved to Man United. So I watched them instead. And lo, I fell in love.

I'm not saying its wrong to support two teams, but you Bayern guys act as though the rest of us support Dortmund as much as we do our primary clubs

Zabojnik

Well, at least you admit your inferiority.

K1LLER7

I'm guessing it'll be quite pricey, but it'll be worth it. Best of luck.

:lol. Remember his last gifs? now imgine you took the place of that tabecloth.

Top Bottom