• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Schalke's management continues to baffle me. Dumb, dumber, Schalke.

What's exactly wrong with this one? Santana is decent to good and very cheap. It would be a good move for them, especially if Papadopoulos leaves.

That said, I don't know why Santana would leave for Schlacke at this moment. Champions League not sure, 3 CBs that could bench him, disgusting club, etc.

And Santana says: "This topic again? Only speculation"

He should just stay. He still dreams of playing the World Cup which is pretty much impossible for him. And as this season showed, we can go far in the CL. That would probably help him more for the national team than playing for Schlacke.

But if he wants to go or if we want to get rid of him, I guess I'm okay with it. Santana showed he's a good back up and an awesome guy but will never be one of the best, so why not try to sign someone like Ginter and build up a Hummels/Subotic replacement.

GorillaJu

Also, a shame Sterling didn't get a nomination for young player of the year. He's done exceptionally well for a young lad who was only 17 at the start of the season.

Would also maybe put Baines in for Hazard on the senior list.

Yeah I think Sterling should make it over Wilshere for the young player list. Wilshere's only had a handful of appearances... It's got to be around 5-8, no? Can't find the statistics.

qindarka

Banned
Bayer leverkusen confirmed that they are discussing a potential deal for Schurrle with Chelsea.

Not an immediate priority but I guess he will be a decent signing. Can fill multiple areas and adds depth to the squad so we don't have to use Benayoun any more.

Still need a central midfielder, a striker and possibly a centre-back. Hope we can spend less than 50 million this summer, though I doubt that.

Feorax

Bayer leverkusen confirmed that they are discussing a potential deal for Schurrle with Chelsea.

Would be a really good signing for Chelsea, although I would hope that would be it for attacking players this summer. There are more urgent areas of that team that need strengthening.

If Schurrle signs, do you reckon that's it for Torres?

qindarka

Banned
Would be a really good signing for Chelsea, although I would hope that would be it for attacking players this summer. There are more urgent areas of that team that need strengthening.

If Schurrle signs, do you reckon that's it for Torres?

I don't think Schurrle will be playing as an out and out striker, he will probably be playing in the 3 behind alongside Mata and Hazard. Chelsea probably still need another striker in to replace Torres, unless they think Lukaku is ready.

Central midfield should of course be the main priority. Been a weak area for a while now.

bjaelke

Suarez has a significant lead in Sky's poll on their website. 36% of total. Bale 2nd with 20%.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...n-Persie-lead-PFA-Player-of-the-Year-nominees
The issuance of Diplomas in Spain takes significant time, one year or more.
LLShC.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Welbeck and Wilshire being on the YPOY list is an absolute piss-take. Nastasic and De Gea should be on there.

In other news:

Tottenham Hotspur boss Andre Villas-Boas has confirmed that he expects Gareth Bale to be fit to play in Sunday's Premier League game against Manchester City.

Gareth Bale
GettyImagesAndre Villas-Boas is confident Gareth Bale will be fit to face the champions

Bale has returned to training in the last couple of days after recovering from the ankle injury he sustained in the Europa League clash with FC Basel two and half weeks ago, with Villas-Boas insisting he will not be taking a gamble by naming the Welshman in his starting line-up for the crucial game against champions City at White Hart Lane.

"He has made good progress from the beginning of the week to train with the team," Villas-Boas said. "He has a good chance to play. I think he will be okay. I don't think it will be a gamble for him to play."

Wes

venison crêpe
Stay safe to all of Boston GAF and those we have in here. The instruction to stay indoors has been extended city wide now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Defoe, Bale and Lennon all expected to be involved against City.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Holtby Dembele
Lennon Bale Sigurdsson
Adebayor

That would be my team. AVB has used Holtby in the deeper CM role recently and he has done quite well. He's very good on the ball and aggressive in the challenge, I'd rather him than Parker right now.

Linius

You said that already!

I just can't understand all the fuss I guess..

That I don't get either. It's not very special or something, but just a nice catchy pop song which I happen to like. So I listen to it a view times in a row.

No need to get all bitchy about that :p

Nyx

That I don't get either. It's not very special or something, but just a nice catchy pop song which I happen to like. So I listen to it a view times in a row.

No need to get all bitchy about that :p

I wasn't bitchy, sorry if you took it that way!

I'm digging it. especially that away kit

I just got asked to say it's as generic as can be, and therefore freaking ugly!

Arnie

Just a reminder that I'm on radio at 3. Google forge radio. The dream team continues. And we've got more Garth Crooks.

D_prOdigy

Defoe, Bale and Lennon all expected to be involved against City.

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Holtby Dembele
Lennon Bale Sigurdsson
Adebayor

That would be my team. AVB has used Holtby in the deeper CM role recently and he has done quite well. He's very good on the ball and aggressive in the challenge, I'd rather him than Parker right now.

You'll have Dempsey, Naughton, and Gallas starting and you'll like it.

GorillaJu

Viva I have no idea what I can do to catch up in Fantasy. I'm not going to pick up RVP. Wouldn't be worth it at this point. I've already botched this week and made two transfers, forgot that I had made one earlier this week.

Top Bottom