• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Suen

Zlatan you little bitch. Also for once Ancelottis raised eyebrow was appropriate lol
Zlatan+Ibrahimovic+celebrates+after+scoring+a+goal

Lunchbox

Banned
I really wish phone companys would not give me a choice of colour when buying a phone. I can never choose :(. White Galaxy S4 or Black? Help!

ewww android

get a white iphone. black is sexier, but maintaining is harder since you see smudges. i have a black and keep a sunglass cleaning cloth in my pocket

That easy ass way to the FA cup finale.
3AQmK.gif

Ni1vNT6.png

Liverpool were hilarious, in front 2-0 in the first match until 5 min to go, when the Shola Ameobi began his massacre on the poor bastards.

ty_hot

luxadebike.gif

Libertadores will be great:

Velez (best argentinean team lately) x Newels (another argentinean)
Corinthians (champions last year) x Boca Jrs (do i have to say anything? oh, last year finalist as well)
Atletico MG (best team in group stage, Ronaldino) x Sao Paulo (3 time winner, qualified to next stage by winning agains the same Atletico MG yesterday)
Palmeiras (rival with Corinthians and Sao Paulo, playing in second division in Brazil) x Tiuana (best 2nd place in group stage, 17 hours flight for visitor go play in thei FAKE GRASS Mexico stadium)

Fry

Top-10-Goalscorer Europa since 2000:

Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona): (240 Games/208 Goals) = 0,87
Ronaldo (FC Barcelona, Inter Mailand, Real Madrid, AC Mailand): (252/175) = 0,69
Christiano Ronaldo (Manchester United, Real Madrid): (322/220) = 0,68
Thierry Henry (Arsenal London, FC Barcelona): (338/211) = 0,62
Mario Gomez: (VfB Stuttgart, Bayern München): (227/133) = 0,59
Ruud van Nistelroy (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Hamburger SV, FC Malaga): (282/157) = 0,56
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Mailand, Juventus Turin, FC Barcelona, AC Mailand): (248/138) = 0,56
Samuel Eto’o (Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Inter Mailand): (347/195) = 0,56
David Trezegeut (Juventus Turin, Hercules CF): (245/135) = 0,55
Roy Makaay (Deportivo La Coruna, FC Bayern München): (334/178) = 0,53

Dat goalmez.

Timurid

Ronaldo (FC Barcelona, Inter Mailand, Real Madrid, AC Mailand): (252/175) = 0,69
Ruud van Nistelroy (Manchester United, Real Madrid, Hamburger SV, FC Malaga): (282/157) = 0,56
Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter Mailand, Juventus Turin, FC Barcelona, AC Mailand): (248/138) = 0,56

Dat goalmez.
Just shows how shit your league really is.

Mario Gomez is weird. It's like he's complete shit at doing anything, but he's always there scoring. I would take him at Chelsea when you buy Suarez.

ty_hot

Most impressive in that list for me is Ronaldo (first, real and best one). Even after so many big injuries he still gor second best average. in it would be better without his Milan appearances, he was already fat by that time (but still scoring).

Best striker ever.

Blablurn

Expect a quite stadium on tuesday. According to ESPN editor Susie Schaaf the 2000 ultra's attend the match. I hate our fans. I really hate them and their damn politics.

Timurid

it really doesn't because that doesn't make sense at all.

look up and see who came second to messi in the last two cl editions, too.

Fine, I'll take my comment back.

If you guys win the treble that would be an awesome way for Heynckes to leave.

I just feel bad for Pep. I don't know how he's going to handle the pressure.

FootballFan

Don't wanna know what happens if Pep doesn't win the first games.

He lost his first league game for us against Numancia. Then drew the second game against Racing. Then won the treble.

Also lost 1-0 against Wisla Krakow(but that was after beating them 4-0 in the first leg of the qualifier)

Blablurn

He lost his first league game for us against Numancia. Then drew the second game against Racing. Then won the treble.

Also lost 1-0 against Wisla Krakow(but that was after beating them 4-0 in the first leg of the qualifier)

This news will come in handy if this really happens!

GorillaJu

Former France international Patrick Vieira has taken the time to praise Juventus starlet Paul Pogba and believes the midfielder already plays at a higher level than himself at the age of 20.

The powerful midfielder joined Juve from Manchester United in the summer of 2012 and has since impressed with a number of fine performances for the Bianconeri.

"He is a better player now than I was at the same age. Only time will tell how things pan out for him, but I think that he has a great career ahead of him," Vieira told RMC.

"I believe he can be the next great midfielder for France. He is always calm and very technical. He has a better shot than I had and will score a lot more goals.

"He's already making an impact at Juventus at this young age. When I was that old, I played five games in an entire season at AC Milan."

Pogba has made 24 Serie A appearances so far this term, scoring five goals in the process.

Man Juve really unearthed a gem here. Major props to their scouts for finding this kid and giving him a future. You've got to imagine that big clubs like Manchester City will have their eye on him, though. Think it's possible Pogba finds his way to the PL through Chelsea or City, while Veratti returns home.

Meier

Man Juve really unearthed a gem here. Major props to their scouts for finding this kid and giving him a future. You've got to imagine that big clubs like Manchester City will have their eye on him, though. Think it's possible Pogba finds his way to the PL through Chelsea or City, while Veratti returns home.
City have been chasing this French kid Kondogbia all season. He is very much in the vein of Pogba and is almost the exact same age (1 month older on the dot). He's at Sevilla by way of Lens (where Varane came from). France should have a couple powerhouse Central Mids for years to come.

FootballFan

Why wouldn't he just stay at Juve? They gave him his chance and it's not like they aren't a massive club.

Lightning

Banned

Dat goalmez.
Theirry Henry is the real name on there. What a legend.

Zabojnik

I'm really curious to find out what Conte's plan for Pogba is next season. The 3-(5+1)-1 we've used against Lazio is an interesting option, as it allows to us to play Vidal, Pirlo and Pogba in the midfield, with Marchisio slightly ahead and Vucinic acting as the only striker. With Llorente incoming and Pepe hopefully on his way to a full recovery, the above formation is probably destined to remain an optional one. In any case, I hope Pogba gets even more playing time next year. He's been the 'first midfield alternative' this season, he deserves to have his status upgraded to 'starting midfielder' next season.

Why wouldn't he just stay at Juve? They gave him his chance and it's not like they aren't a massive club.

Do you really have to ask?

mino_raiola.jpg

More than that though, if he develops into a world-class midfielder in the next two seasons and we maintain our current CL status (= not likely to win it), I can see him springing for a massive-er club. It's how it is, nothing we can do about it, really.

FootballFan

Pulga bro, somebody replied to you in that thread

Oh jesus, I think THIS THREAD needs to fuck off with reddit hate. Seriosuly, get over it. It's just other people listening to the same feeds as us. If it makes you feel any better, the *official* reddit thread says that he's not even going to trust the suspect names because it's unconfirmed.

Honestly, the amount of reddit hate on this forum is really unreasonable and quite stupid.

edit
I see you already replied.

God, fuck off Barry Hearn, you insufferable cunt;

“We want a groundshare at the Olympic Park and we think we have an unanswerable case for that being the real legacy of the Olympics.”

“We are not going to be bullied by the big boys. We have enough resources, and enough friends on our side, to take this fight well into the next decade if necessary."

"There is no logical reason not to share."

Could you imagine the nightmare of having to try and schedule matches for a team in the Premiership and a team in League One that share the same fucking ground? Why do Orient want the OS any way? Under their original proposal, they would have been sole tenants and reduced the capacity to 18-20k - they currently struggle to fill half of their 9,000 seater ground, let alone one of 20,000 capacity. And if they did share with us, how paltry would their crowd of fans look in a 60,000 seater venue? Pathetic. Hearn's constantly going on like West Ham being half a mile up the road is going to make those 4,000 or so Orient fans who do pay to see them say "fuck it, we'll go watch the Hammers instead" - there's always traditionally been a bit of cross-over between West Ham & Orient supporters, but a lot of their hardcore fans truly despise us and I'm sure would be pretty insulted by their chairman's insinuation that they're the sort of fickle, fair-weather fans to abandon their club just because West Ham have got a new stadium. Also, this whole fucking thing is just about Hearn wanting a free, pre-built stadium so he can sell off the rest of Brisbane Road for redevelopment. Cunt.

Incidentally, the Mirror are claiming that Man City want to buy Ravel Morrison from us because of how well he's performing at Birmingham, lol.

dc89

http://bilder.bild.de/fotos-skaliert/a-santana-transfer_31915859-1366312432-30065284/3,w=591,c=0.bild.jpeg[/IMG

Santana going to Schalke lol[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-t6yDhNaITis/TXtgQ6ecQDI/AAAAAAAAAN4/Y-mkeQPaGU0/s1600/nurse+santana.png

Best Santana.

Bebé said in an interview that he wants to play for Sporting. Can see us going for a loan next year if doesn't stay at United. Could be a decent backup for the wings.

He also said that Alex Ferguson talked a lot with him during training but he couldn't understand him because of his "scary accent". Bebé admitted that he didn't put as much effort as he could during his time at United but he has regretted that. He thought he had made it to the top and was earning well so he didn't need to work as much.

dc89

You sign Rumbo we sign Morrison!

Ravel Morrison could be on the brink of an incredible return to the Premier League - with champions Manchester City.

The former Manchester United whizkid, now on West Ham's books, has caught City’s eye with a string of highly-impressive performances during a season-long loan spell at Championship side Birmingham.

That has prompted Premier League champions City to make discreet enquiries about the 20-year-old midfielder - who was once regarded as one of English football’s hottest prospects while at Old Trafford.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson even claimed he was one of the best young players he has ever worked with, but Morrison left the Reds after failing to agree a new contract as he wanted regular football.

Morrison made just one nine-minute substitute for West Ham after Sam Allardyce took him to Upton Park 14 months ago before they fell out, but has been rebuilding his career and reputation as a regular starter in the second-tier with Birmingham.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...chester-city-transfers-ravel-morrison-1840035

:lol - no, let's not do this.

Top Bottom