• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

It's all paper toss anyway (like the majority of stuff printed in those shit rags). Why would we take a risk on Ravel in the first place, only to sell him when he shows the first signs of improvement? He's had a good run with Birmingham and, by all accounts, seems a lot more grounded in his approach to the game. It'd be madness to not bring him back into the setup to see how he does.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
David Trezegeut (Juventus Turin, Hercules CF): (245/135) = 0,55

cristiano-ronaldo-582-david-trezeguet-crazy-face-in-juventus-fc.jpg

<3

Schalke's management continues to baffle me. Dumb, dumber, Schalke.

I think they might be selling Papa or Höwedes, that's why they're signing him.
I will punch him in the face (in my mind) if he'll end up the 4th CB in line at fucking Schalke.
Ich felipe aus..

FootballFan

Me neither bro, seeing some of the best talents in the world of football go against each other! I fear for Barca's defense, especially on the counterattack though. Far too penetrable then.

It's always like that, we win by scoring more than the the other team, not by keeping clean sheets. Believe in Iniesta and Messi.

But if Bayern wins, then we all are Bayern fans. #LoveBayern

Fady K

It's always like that, we win by scoring more than the the other team, not by keeping clean sheets. Believe in Iniesta and Messi.

But if Bayern wins, then we all are Bayern fans. #LoveBayern

True, we really need to tighten our defenses in the upcoming seasons. Bayern will have the easiest time scoring on the counter. Hell, they could do it even when Juve were defending pretty well.

I'm just thankful to God that Messi is healing up.

Salazar

Hope Clev gets a jog around against Villa.

Hopefully he would keep possession with Shinji and wind up those slack-jawed fucks on Redcafe with short, composed passing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Japanese GAF

BINGTvVCcAEAEtI.jpg

This tattoo means 'home' right?

It looks like a stick figure carrying a samurai sword.

Feorax

Rumour going round that accoring to an editor of Four Four Two, the nominees for PFA player of the year are Bale, Mata, Walcott, Fellaini, Michu and RVP.

Hmm...

Feorax

Why would you go for him when you've got the money to go for better options from abroad?

Would he count as homegrown? If so, would probably be a deal worth doing for a decent price, especially if he's more useful than Sinclair and Rodwell.

FootballFan

Everybody Loves Raymond.

At least One Tree Hill has some hotties to ogle.

Damn man, you have had a good record on gaf for me, almost agree with you everytime. But now after that post, you are in Fry level.

Okay maybe not, but Everybody loves raymond is not even close to being the worst with some of the shit out there lol

FootballFan

Already told you. Adnan doesn't get on with Biscuits.

You'll just have to send him to us as part of the deal.

He was just playing. He wants to be on SAFs good side for now so he can get some game time. After Messi sees just how talented Januzaj is, it will be a matter of time.

arkon

Damn man, you have had a good record on gaf for me, almost agree with you everytime. But now after that post, you are in Fry level.

Okay maybe not, but Everybody loves raymond is not even close to being the worst with some of the shit out there lol

It's one of the first things that came to mind that I thought was worse than One Tree Hill. I'll have a longer think about it at work.

arkon

Would he count as homegrown? If so, would probably be a deal worth doing for a decent price, especially if he's more useful than Sinclair and Rodwell.

I guess, but wouldn't you still go for someone with a less questionable temperament, like Ross Barkley.

Feorax

I guess, but wouldn't you still go for someone with a less questionable temperament, like Ross Barkley.

Barkley would be a better bet, but I reckon Everton are going to be very reluctant to let another top prospect go. They're doing very well right now, and as such Barkley would probably cost an arm and a leg.

I would say Carrick, followed by Suarez and then Mata for POTY.

Shocking that City sit second in the league, but don't have one nominee.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Luis Suarez: Has successfully dribbled past an opponent more times in the Premier League this season (92) than any other player

I wonder if the act of nutmegging is considered dribbling?
3AQmK.gif

Feorax

Also, a shame Sterling didn't get a nomination for young player of the year. He's done exceptionally well for a young lad who was only 17 at the start of the season.

Would also maybe put Baines in for Hazard on the senior list.

Tegris

It's so bizarre seeing Bale nominated for Young Player of the Year, it feels like he's been around forever. Winning PotY should preclude you from being nominated for the Young Player category I think. Alternatively:

Kristian Walsh (@Kristian_Walsh) said:
The Young Player of the Year award needs a serious rethink. It should be Rookie of the Year, given to under-23s in their first season.

You could have a Rookie of the Year six of Benteke, Shaw, Nastasic, Hazard, Oscar and Sterling (?). Not that it matters at all, etc etc.

Having said that, I'd still probably go for Suarez and Bale.

elseanio

It's so bizarre seeing Bale nominated for Young Player of the Year, it feels like he's been around forever. Winning PotY should preclude you from being nominated for the Young Player category I think. Alternatively:

Having said that, I'd still probably go for Suarez and Bale.

I like that idea. Would need to be their first season with 15+ games or something, so players who have bit-parts (like Sterling last season) can be included

Top Bottom