• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

dc89

zlatan-laugh-o.gif

#BasedTxiki

Never heard of him and there haven't been any rumors proceeding this but hey, we've had good luck with Argentines before!

It looks like he'd be a free transfer: http://www.calciomercato.it/news/21...chester-City-colpo-a-sorpresa-in-Messico.html

“@Wanchope_Dickov: Diego Novaretti is a massive defender. Pretty good. Quick, tall, decent enough with ball at feet and scores goals.”

Hmmm! Could be useful I guess.

Clegg

A 27 year old Argentinian defender who plays his football in Mexico?

I suppose he might be there to fill in as emergency cover since Kolo Toure will no longer have that role.

Koko

Banned
“@Wanchope_Dickov: Diego Novaretti is a massive defender. Pretty good. Quick, tall, decent enough with ball at feet and scores goals.”

Hmmm! Could be useful I guess.

No he isn't. He isn't quick, he might be tall but can't jump. I guess he isn't that bad as backup of the backup of the backup. Buy hey #BasedTxiki

Meier

If Mancini gets his marching orders then City could possibly drop their interest in Jovetic. Yes PLEASE!

It's entirely possible. I think if they do decide to give him the boot, it'll be very early so that Pellegrini (or whomever) has plenty of time to make moves as necessary. Txiki wants us to add more Spanish talent.. his two primary targets are Benat and Isco. Other main targets we've heard throughout the season are Adam Maher, Will Hughes, Sam Byram, Pedro Obiang, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Marquinhos and Erik Lamela. Miralem Pjanic was also mentioned but I don't think there was much to that, especially if Dzeko goes.

Meier

Tom Marshall @mexicoworldcup (main ESPN FC and Goal.com reporter about Mexican football) is retweeting some responses on whether Novaretti has EPL quality (let alone UCL quality...).

Seems like he has the physique but otherwise maybe not. Free transfer and I'm sure we won't be paying him much in terms of wages so hey, I say give him a punt. Think he'd be 5th in line to play most likely.

Tom Marshall @mexicoworldcup is retweeting some responses on whether Novaretti has EPL quality (let alone UCL quality...). Seems like he has the physique but otherwise maybe not. Free transfer and I'm sure we won't be paying him huge wages so hey, I say give him a punt. Think he'd be 5th in line to play most likely.

He's average quality even for the Mexican league... I hope it's not true.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Tonight was the final of the 'Glasgow Cup' - Rangers U17s v Celtic U17s

TROUBLE erupted at an Old Firm youth match tonight as fans ripped up seats, threw flares and invaded the pitch.

The Glasgow Cup Under-17 match, the first high-profile game between the two sides since Rangers were demoted to the third division, was marred by both sets of fans.

Trouble escalated inside the stadium as Rangers supporters threw flares and smoke bombs and a section of Celtic supporters smashed up dozens of seats.

Police tried to calm the situation as stewards used fire extinguishers to douse flares being thrown on the pitch.

There were also reports of sectarian chanting from fans, in a game which Rangers won by 3 goals to 2.

One supporter who was at the game said: “Anyone who happened to be wandering past Firhill must have wondered what was going on.

“Red and blue flares were set off in the Rangers end before Celtic fans responded with a green one of their own.

“At one point before the start, you could barely see the pitch and smoke filled the air. It had the feeling of a European tie being played somewhere like Croatia or Serbia.”

Sad I missed it going by that last quote, seems like an experience. Been studying for exams. :(

The rest.. not so much. Do we really need this fixture back? Hmm..

Feorax

Banned goobershop linking us with Llori from Sporting.

Shower me, PortuGAF.

I've just had a quick look at his profile on transfermarkt, made for interesting reading. 20 years old, primarily a CB, but can also play left back.

The interesting aspect to that is that he's right-footed apparently. Glen 2.0?

Can't wait until we find out that this scrub that City picked up on the side of the road in Mexico is going to be on 100,000 a week in wages.

TrueBlue

I figure that even taking the Chelsea-Spurs game into account we still cannot afford to stumble. If we don't take all 9 points from the remaining games we will be extremely fortunate to make top 4.

Somewhat undeserving also if I am honest.

Those who finish in the top four always deserve it and the chance to play in the CL.

Unless the team in 6th wins the CL. That's a different story.

pulga

Banned
So its

Wenger to PSG
Ancelotti to Madrid
Mourinho to Chelsea
Fat Spanish Bastard to ???
Pellegrini to City
Mancini to ???
Pep to Bayern
Henyckes to ???

About right?

Arnie

Rafa could replace Pellegrini at Malaga I suppose.

Mancini could replace Stramaccioni at Inter. Or fuck off to Monaco, I really don't care.

The Arsenal rumour's still bending my head, though. Hard to imagine a new manager at Arsenal. They really need it, though.

Top Bottom