• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Lunchbox

Banned
316045_10151444012638380_1481105425_n.jpg

hope thats the margin these cunts lose by

Noirulus

omg omg i can't fucking sleep, anxiety is rushing through my head FUCK

I'm going to get a heart attack when the game starts SFNKJANFKJQRFQKJRFQKJA FJK

feel

Remontada!!!!

And fuck it, remuntada too. I hate the Barca cunts but the lols of both german teams getting owned after being put in the top of the world by everyone last week would be nice.

FootballFan

Come on Barca! Come back of all come backs!

We need to learn from our Blue and Claret brothers Aston Villa! :D

6-1 would be great, but it's a dream.

4-0 then extra time and win, is a possibility, but not likely with our defending.

Win and concede, pretty likely imo.

rodvik

We need to learn from our Blue and Claret brothers Aston Villa! :D

6-1 would be great, but it's a dream.

4-0 then extra time and win, is a possibility, but not likely with our defending.

Win and concede, pretty likely imo.

heh :)

You can do this! Just dont let bayern get the ball and no need to worry about defending, tika taka ftw! Its the Barca way!

A fit Messi has to be worth at least 3 goals.

Lightning

Banned
You guys are playing a worse team, you have to score less goals than us and you have an away goal, yet you don't #believe.

Remuntada, the possibilities are endless.
Dortmund are exceptionally close to Bayern in terms of quality. Don't let the league table fool you.

In saying that Real Madrid have enough talent to get a 3-0 result but Ronaldo shouldn't be expected to do it all on his own all the time. Ozil, Di Maria and whoever plays striker also needs to help. Especially Ozil, who was absolute shit in the first leg.

Lightning

Banned
Unless we can get Frank De Boer we really shouldn't be considering letting Wenger go this summer. The best targets are not off contract until after the World Cup so I want Wenger to stay until then.

Fuck PSG. Wankers.

^Yeah, Real have a chance. They have the away goal and they have the talent to win 3-0. Barca are finished though.

Article on Klopp
http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/5343?cc=5901

"We knew where they would send their passes, how they look for Cristiano. Our plan was to take Xabi out of the game. Because if Alonso can play as he wants it is impossible to defend against Madrid."

So he deployed Mario Goetze to keep an extra eye on Alonso, which forced the Spain international to drop deeper into his own half and therefore hampered his ability to launch long, diagonal passes out to his forwards.

"If you block Xabi, you make it so Pepe has the ball. That is a big difference."

Plasma

Banned
If Wenger does go the board need to act fast to bring in a new manager or our summer transfer plans will go out the window.

Lightning

Banned
If Wenger does go the board need to act fast to bring in a new manager or our summer transfer plans will go out the window.
If Wenger goes you can scratch out every player we're currently linked with since the new manager will have their own targets. And we don't want the board acting too fast, don't want an idiot in charge.

How do you feel about Wenger potentially leaving us?

Plasma

Banned
How do you feel about Wenger potentially leaving us?

I'd be pretty annoyed, especially seeing as he came out the other day and said he'd honour his contract. I don't want him to leave yet anyway and I can't think of a realistic target we could bring in who could do a better job.

Lightning

Banned
I'd be pretty annoyed, especially seeing as he came out the other day and said he'd honour his contract. I don't want him to leave yet anyway and I can't think of a realistic target we could bring in who could do a better job.
None that are available. Louis Van Gaal can do the job, no doubt about it but he's not available until at least after the world cup.

For me, I don't want him to go like this. He deserves better than this.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Barcelona need to score at least 4 goals against a side that have conceded just twice in their last four Champions League away games and only 3 times on the road all season in the Bundesliga.

And no side have ever overturned a 4-0 deficit in the knockout stages of the Champions League and Barcelona struggled to carve out chances in the first leg.

What does Remuntada mean? I hear it mentioned a lot.

It means dead rubber.

FootballFan

And no side have ever overturned a 4-0 deficit in the knockout stages of the Champions League and Barcelona struggled to carve out chances in the first leg.

This sounds so familiar to what people were saying before the Milan game. Almost exactly the same even.

Remuntada is on.

edit
Before anyone says "Milan isn't Bayern", that doesn't matter.

After the first leg they looked like gods, just as much as Bayern did. I will believe. Unless they are 2-0 up at half time, I still give us a chance.

Don't know if I'm dc-ing here but goal.com is reporting that City are going to make an official bid for Reus in the next ten days for £32 million. I don't see Dortmund agreeing to that myself but who knows.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
The Mirror are saying Spurs are trying to tie up Ince before Liverpool. Apparently want him as cover for Aaron Lennon and will offer £6.5m.

Bale, Lennon, Townsend and Ince would be a good set of wide players. We wouldn't have to play Gylfi/Holtby out wide anymore.

This sounds so familiar to what people were saying before the Milan game. Almost exactly the same even.

Remuntada is on.

edit
Before anyone says "Milan isn't Bayern", that doesn't matter.

Yes it does. Milan isn't close to Bayern's level, both offensively or defensively. Milan didn't look as good as Bayern did in the first leg and Barca didn't have to come back from a 4-0 deficit. And if you somehow lead 4-0, you still have 30 minutes of extra time to not concede because of the away goal rule. Plus, Barca have a shit defense.

Top Bottom