• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Fady K

Madrid will have to pull off a miracle to make it to the final, and even a miracle won't help Barca.

Banter from qindarka! Now we're talking baby!

Team Fady is missing out.

Banter is fun to witness indeed, but I just SUCK at it hahaha. It does not suit me one bit :p Besides, I prefer to be as humble about it as possible because one day the team I'm laughing at can kick my team's sorry ass.

Just imagine going through a new era where Inter dominate Juve for many, many years in terms of titles, tactics, and more. If I was a Juve fan, I'd prefer to go through such an era without having been boasting about my team for the years before it, getting my drift bro :p?

Yeah man, United one of the most hated clubs around here. Yet I don't care what they think, RVP is the best striker in the world, De Gea is the next Buffon. Come at me FootyGaf!

This shit reads like my brother arguing about Liverpool, I've asked him numerous times to come join here but he's too worried about the bashing.

Good on you for not caring man, I should learn from you honestly. I don't know why I bother caring about the hate my clubs get, even when they are illogical comments, or unfair comments.

Fady pls

You are homo-erotically devouring a Frogie red herring

Going to revisit this quote Sal - ever since this day I've been reading a lot of rumors about Lewandowski to United, Fergie hinted at his interest, and Bayern denied their link to Lewa. Doesn't mean it is confirmed but this is far from a frogie red herring IMO. He is rumored to be with United only at this point I believe.

I wouldn't even find it hard to argue Fry is a Bayern fan more than a Liverpool fan. I dunno how someone like Fady could equally love two teams. Its a maddening concept to me.

It is strange indeed. I don't know how I do it myself sometimes. It did make for an awfully weird experience watching Barca vs Chelsea in the last CL though!

I'll never get it either. Did he yell out INJUSTICA or did he celebrate like mad when Iniesta scored against chelsea?

I was not watching club football back in the day! I wonder how I would have reacted haha! When watching Chelsea vs Barca in the last semi-final I don't remember feeling much of anything whenever either team scored haha!

I don't get Fady's 2 clubs philosophy but I've seen it a lot around here to the point where it's just a norm now.

For the record I don't do second clubs nor do I like any other club than United. I can't sum the Dortmund love, I only like teams that serve a purpose. Like Chelsea last year or Bayern now.

It's not that hard man, it gives you more football to enjoy really. I love both clubs very much for different reasons. Sometimes when one club is doing bad you may get lucky and enjoy good football by the other team in their respective matches. In the most basic manner, I fell for Chelsea after watching them with my brother a few times, and I fell for Barca due to my love for Messi.

rvy

Banned
The moment you compare Milan to Bayern, you know you lost it. They never were equal, either Milan was vastly superior or Bayern was. Never saw a Bayern-Milan tie which was balanced, or seen both teams perform comparably well/bad in any European season.

It was a joke.

C'mon son.

Blablurn

Again, it's only a rumour. A friend of mine from Munich told me the talk of the town is that Gomez had a good roll in the hay with Schweini's girl. My friend does run in such circles (his girlfriend being one of Luca Toni's former playthings), but I didn't quite believe him.

Now I've read it elsewhere (on the guardian blog) that others have heard the same.

Wow, i can see that being true

Wilbur

Banned

Fady K

So Götze refused 20m / year from ManCity?

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...yern-muenchen-mike-hanke-zum-fc-augsburg.html

"Die "Sport Bild" berichtet in ihrer Ausgabe davon, dass Manchester City im März 2013 Götze ein Jahresgehalt von 20 Millionen Euro brutto geboten haben soll. Doch Götze wollte lieber zu den Bayern, dort bekommt er etwa nur die Hälfte."

Wasn't there a City fan whining about Bayern throwing money around? So much for that.

Makes sense why Gotze would go to Bayern though. Home is where the heart is, plus Man City are still growing whereas Bayern are currently the strongest team in Europe.

Salazar

Real have absolutely no incentive to sell Ronaldo for anything less than stupid dollar amounts. Will United spend the 60-80m for him?

Will they fuck

/salazar

yuWsU0c.gif

Better me than the cockbrained United fans who mumble that they'd be

"delighted if we started next season with Cleverley, Carrick, Anderson, and Wanyama if we're really lucky"

Fuuuuu.

But hey, we still have nothing to lose. After the groups were seeded I just hoped we would come in third.
Making it to the semifinals (while trouncing Real at home) is still a huge achievement and I wouldn't be mad if Real managed to kick us out.
Though I'm cautiously optimistic after the first leg and the fact that Real has to dictate the game.

Fady K

Fuuuuu.

But hey, we still have nothing to lose. After the groups were seeded I just hoped we would come in third.
Making it to the semifinals (while trouncing Real at home) is still a huge achievement and I wouldn't be mad if Real managed to kick us out.
Though I'm cautiously optimistic after the first leg and the fact that Real has to dictate the game.

The craziest shock would be beating Bayern in the final. That has got to hurt loads after this insane record-breaking season for them!

Arnie

As much as I like Dortmund, I too can't see them beating Bayern, unfortunately. Saying that, I couldn't see Chelsea beating them either. Or le 'Arse.

Fady K

As much as I like Dortmund, I too can't see them beating Bayern, unfortunately. Saying that, I couldn't see Chelsea beating them either. Or le 'Arse.

If anything Dortmund to me are the only team this season that can beat Bayern. They know them more than the others, and all their losses to them this season were by a goal only I believe.

Messi

Fuuuuu.

I love your team and you you deserve to beat Real just like Bayern deserve to be in the final. I wish you guys were not getting gutted in the summer. I love next seasons kit too and will be buying day one. <3 Dortmund bros

Carragher and Neville should be good on Sky.

Although I wonder how the Sky=anti Liverpool narrative will play now that they have 3 Liverpool fans/ex players on their panel.

Don't see how it will stop him from coaching later on. Neville said he didn't want to leap into coaching right away and wants to build as much experience behind the scenes as possible. Seems wise.

dc89

So Götze refused 20m / year from ManCity?

http://www.spox.com/de/sport/fussba...yern-muenchen-mike-hanke-zum-fc-augsburg.html

"Die "Sport Bild" berichtet in ihrer Ausgabe davon, dass Manchester City im März 2013 Götze ein Jahresgehalt von 20 Millionen Euro brutto geboten haben soll. Doch Götze wollte lieber zu den Bayern, dort bekommt er etwa nur die Hälfte."

Wasn't there a City fan whining about Bayern throwing money around? So much for that.

No. I moan that Bayern throw money around then moan about City throwing money around.

At least the owners and the people involved in our club are up front about where the money comes from. No tax fraud needed.

Salazar

Although I wonder how the Sky=anti Liverpool narrative will play

:lol

They've done fine with Ferguson's vaguely supportive comments about Suarez and the ban

Yeah right. And when Suarez has been driven out Ferguson will be the first one in front of the camera's saying "Yer know, the boy had his problems but it was terrible the way they treated him" before sloping off and cracking a bottle of red open.
FFS people have short memories. This is the c*nt who said Suarez should never pull on a Liverpool shirt again after the Evra incident. Do you seriously think he's changed his mind?
It's all going to plan and this c*nt has been pulling the strings from day one. It's fucking incredible the bullshit some people will swallow.

From the moment Suarez took the piss out of the uniteds defence at Anfield and ferguson realised what an amazing talent we had, he has been out to destroy him. I think the racism thing was twisted beyond belief, and then the comments about the diving. Ferguson will probably bid for Suarez next. Joffod is spot on this has all been acted upon and whipped up by ferguson for 2 years now. Don't be so green thinking he gives a shite.

Clegg

No Wilko in the Lions squad. Outrageous based on his performances this season.
That's in club rugby though. International rugby is a higher level of competition. Wilkinson was awful when he last played for England.I can understand leaving him out of the squad.

The bigger surprise for me is England's captain Chris Robshaw being left out of the squad.

derExperte

No. I moan that Bayern throw money around then moan about City throwing money around.

At least the owners and the people involved in our club are up front about where the money comes from. No tax fraud needed.

Fair enough to the first part.

But I didn't know that Hoeneß is paying for the transfers with his not payed taxes.

Hmm I wonder how clean that Arab money is.

Also this.

Hmm I wonder how clean that Arab money is.

That Red Issue are picking a really stupid fight on twitter. Of all the things in football they could take issue with.
They always pick stupid fights on there.

Clegg

That Lions team is worrying.

There aren't that many creative players in it. Only Sexton and O'Driscoll are who I would consider creative. The Welsh backs are big on brawn but don't have a creative bone in their bodies.

Arnie

Well for all those muppets who said they didn't want Ashley Williams for £12 million, you get what you pay for.

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc-news/1218732-reading-defender-set-to-become-liverpool-fcs-first-summer-signing.html
I learnt my lesson last season when I blasted Rodgers for trying to bring in Williams. Now I really want Williams.

I'm no scout, I'm no coach, and Rodgers track record of unearthing gems is good. Let go, enjoy the ride.

We don't need no Rumbo illusion. We don't need no Gundo lie.

Wilbur

Banned
I learnt my lesson last season when I blasted Rodgers for trying to bring in Williams. Now I really want Williams.

I'm no scout, I'm no coach, and Rodgers track record of unearthing gems is good. Let go, enjoy the ride.

We don't need no Rumbo illusion. We don't need no Gundo lie.

Hey
Chicha
Leave Phil Jones along
All in all Nasri's just
Another prick in the wall

Joe

MLS + ManCity NYC FC = One big middle finger to the NY Cosmos

Cosmos organization must be devastated; their stadium would have been a mile down the road from me too :(

Top Bottom