• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

FootballFan

Yes it does. Milan isn't close to Bayern's level, both offensively or defensively. Milan didn't look as good as Bayern did in the first leg and Barca didn't have to come back from a 4-0 deficit. And if you somehow lead 4-0, you still have 30 minutes of extra time to not concede because of the away goal rule. Plus, Barca have a shit defense.

I disagree.

Remuntada.

edit
My Man United vs Arsenal formation thing I did with Guard of Honour made it to quite a few websites. :lol did an image search.

Arnie

It's not unanimous but I thought Carragher was an excellent pundit on ITV in the past. No nonsense, told it like it is, and wasn't afraid to rustle a few feathers, which is definitely important.

There's still time for both him and Neville to go into coaching. Can't wait to see him rip into someone.

I disagree.

Remuntada.

edit
My Man United vs Arsenal formation thing I did with Guard of Honour made it to quite a few websites. :lol did an image search.

You're wrong. How does a team's quality and 1st result not factor into the 2nd match?

in6sxxRVWlW9X.gif

GorillaJu

It's not unanimous but I thought Carragher was an excellent pundit on ITV in the past. No nonsense, told it like it is, and wasn't afraid to rustle a few feathers, which is definitely important.

There's still time for both him and Neville to go into coaching. Can't wait to see him rip into someone.

Carragher is a very sensible person when he talks about football and I thought was a great pundit on ITV

Oxx

Isn't Neville part of the England coaching team?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
This sounds so familiar to what people were saying before the Milan game. Almost exactly the same even.

Remuntada is on.

edit
Before anyone says "Milan isn't Bayern", that doesn't matter.

After the first leg they looked like gods, just as much as Bayern did. I will believe. Unless they are 2-0 up at half time, I still give us a chance.
It does actually. And "gods"? Everyone was *shocked* when Barca failed to score on one of the worst Milan's in the last...hell probably the worst in their history. They had Mexes and Constant ffs.

On the other hand, Bayern were simply superior and completely outclassed Barca.

Salazar

I know its been said before, but honestly god help the side he returns against next season. The side should be even better then, with any new signings settling plus Coutinho and Sturridge even better and the likes of Allen, Kelly and Borini fully fit.

And we then unleash a monster from the bench who hasn't played for us for nearly half a year. I hope its Yernited, god I hope its them.

Loooooooooool

Me too, knobhead. Me too.

Gambit

I am beginning to believe the rumours about Gomez being isolated from the team.

Last season he seemed so close to Schweini, Badstuber etc. This year, even when Gomez scores, he and Schweini in particular seem much more distanced.

Maybe the rumours about Gomez giving Schweini's Sarah Brandner a good seeing-to are true.

This. As the second leg against Arsenal showed, we mustn't approach this match with any arrogance, or we may very well face our elimination (see our last match in Manchester on how easy shit can happen).

I'm confident however that we won't crumble.

I doubt the Bayern players are looking at it the same way us neutrals are looking at it. They know there is still a 2nd match to play.

Mastadon

Banned
I think the Arsenal comeback in the second leg is actually a bad thing for Barca. It's almost inconceivable that the Bayern players will allow themselves to be that complacent again, and it gives Heynckes the perfect example to draw on in his teamtalk.

Nope.

Kenka

Stop being such a Jupp Heynckes.

The moment you compare Milan to Bayern, you know you lost it. They never were equal, either Milan was vastly superior or Bayern was. Never saw a Bayern-Milan tie which was balanced, or seen both teams perform comparably well/bad in any European season.

FootballFan

Have faith. Fuck Bayern.

I'm serious though, it's really hard to say this without sounding like I'm making an excuse, because I'm not, Bayern were better and deserved to win. But really, Dante climbed on Alves for the first goal, Gomez was offside for his, Muller basketball blocked Alba, Bartra could have easy had 2 goals, we used Valdes, etc. it just wasn't as one sided as everyone suggests or even the score does.

If anyone watches the game again, they'd notice that. Messi and Bartra were the big negatives, everyone else was actually okay.

Maybe defensively. What about offensively? You have to score more than 4 against a Bayern defense that has been beast all season.

ibpQDOvh1sAgq.gif

If Messi has one of his nights? Who knows. Maybe Bayern play Van Buyten to not risk injuries/suspension? Maybe Neuer lets the ball slip under his legs in the first minute? Maybe Iniesta floats to the goal and scores? Maybe Valdes scores an own goal and fucks it up straight away. Who knows.

But I believe.

Oh god I can already see people quoting this claiming I'm making losers excuses lol. Again, just saying their goals weren't the most dominant and clear type of goals out there, they each had their fair bit of luck, you have to admit that.

edit
Don't hate me, hate the power of Remuntada.

Blablurn

I am beginning to believe the rumours about Gomez being isolated from the team.

Last season he seemed so close to Schweini, Badstuber etc. This year, even when Gomez scores, he and Schweini in particular seem much more distanced.

Maybe the rumours about Gomez giving Schweini's Sarah Brandner a good seeing-to are true.

Wat wat wat

Gambit

Wat wat wat

Again, it's only a rumour. A friend of mine from Munich told me the talk of the town is that Gomez had a good roll in the hay with Schweini's girl. My friend does run in such circles (his girlfriend being one of Luca Toni's former playthings), but I didn't quite believe him.

Now I've read it elsewhere (on the guardian blog) that others have heard the same.

Salazar

ravel ‏@morrisonravel 28m
regardless how it goes down life goes on... follow gods orders

lol

Oh so pious, the little toerag

Arnie

Again, it's only a rumour. A friend of mine from Munich told me the talk of the town is that Gomez had a good roll in the hay with Schweini's girl. My friend does run in such circles (his girlfriend being one of Luca Toni's former playthings), but I didn't quite believe him.

Now I've read it elsewhere (on the guardian blog) that others have heard the same.
Isn't Mario Gomez gay, though? I've repeatedly been told that five of this current Bayern squad are, and one of those is Gomez.

If not then I don't blame him for taking a shot at Schweini's girlfriend.

Top Bottom