• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Arnie

Tbh I think if Götze was older he probably would have taken the offer. It's almost too crazy to pass up.
I'm just trying to think of £300k a week and it's making me dizzy. As much shit as I give Manchester, too, it's a nice city. Fuck, I'd take £25k and be there in a flash.
And just wait for a fit Allen, Kelly, and Borini.

Mouthwatering.
When Borini becomes our Chica, Kelly becomes our Smalling, and Allen becomes our...

Fuck it you don't have midfielders.
Numbers 1 and 2 in the 2017 Ballon d'Or, mark my words.

but what order???,?
Well if Phil Jones is your greatest ever player then Henderson will surely win.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd happily play for 5 grand a week. After tax, that's still well over 100k a year isn't it? And we have little cunts like Scott Sinclair probably on near 50k.

dc89

MLS + ManCity NYC FC = One big middle finger to the NY Cosmos

Cosmos organization must be devastated; their stadium would have been a mile down the road from me too :(

I've not really read into the details yet but I read the New York City team would join in 2016.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Players don't want to play for us anymore. There will be not be a sequel to |OT2| Everyone Plays For City

:( :( :( :(

Really, not buying anyone after winning the PL was quite dumb. Almost everyone was willing to move to City at that time. Now you're just a rich club who crashed out of Europe and finished 2nd behind a team with Evra in their backline.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
j9y1vSwxsGpqf.jpg

roKMokU.gif

K1LLER7

Fergie on transfers and the future.

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted Manchester United will struggle to battle with rivals Manchester City and Chelsea in the transfer market as he lines up summer signings.
Despite cruising to the Barclays Premier League title, Ferguson is already planning for next season and has set his sights on key signings.
The United boss will add to his relatively young squad this summer as they attempt to retain the title and push on in the Champions League.

And he has also tipped 18-year-old Belgian midfielder Adnan Januzaj - who could make his debut before the end of the season in a No 44 shirt - to male the breakthrough.
Speaking to Inside United, Ferguson said: 'You have to look at the structure of the club at present, in terms of the number of first-team players we have at 23 or under.
'David De Gea, Rafael, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Alex Buttner, Nick Powell, Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck. Shinji Kagawa and Chicharito are 24. Jonny Evans is 25 and Wayne Rooney is hitting his peak at 27.

'Older players like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand may be coming towards the end of their careers, but these younger players are the foundation for the next five or six years, irrespective of the players breaking through, like Adnan Januzaj, the Belgian boy, who's really looking very good.
'Hopefully the players we bring into the club in the next year or so will be of the quality we need. We're competitive in the market - we're not Chelsea or Manchester City in terms of money but we're competitive.
'We've been doing a bit of work on that over the last three or four months, targeting who the players are that we feel could enhance us, make us better or help us maintain the level we're at.'
Good to see Fergie talking about Januzaj. Hopefully he gets a game in one of the remaining matches.

Fady K

I love your team and you you deserve to beat Real just like Bayern deserve to be in the final. I wish you guys were not getting gutted in the summer. I love next seasons kit too and will be buying day one. <3 Dortmund bros

Dortmund rule. They are so easy to love. Really sucks that a key player or two continue to leave every season.

Really, not buying anyone after winning the PL was quite dumb. Almost everyone was willing to move to City at that time. Now you're just a rich club who crashed out of Europe and finished 2nd behind a team with Evra in their backline.

Hey now Evra is quite good man ;D

Joe

I've not really read into the details yet but I read the New York City team would join in 2016.
The New York Cosmos were hoping to be that 2016 team.

They re-formed as an organization a couple years ago. Since then they've gotten their administration in order, coaches in order, and most recently have been signing up players and are currently training and preparing to play in the NASL which is 3rd division North American soccer.

They secured financing for a new state-of-the-art stadium on Long Island, roughly 15 miles east of Manhattan. MLS wants the stadium on NYC premises not Long Island and they have butted heads over this.

The Cosmos have essentially been trying to build up the organization from nothing and were fighting uphill and then this happens out of nowhere, they must be crushed.

dc89

The New York Cosmos were hoping to be that 2016 team.

They re-formed as an organization a couple years ago. Since then they've gotten their administration in order, coaches in order, and most recently have been signing up players and are currently training and preparing to play in the NASL which is 3rd division North American soccer.

They secured financing for a new state-of-the-art stadium on Long Island, roughly 15 miles east of Manhattan. MLS wants the stadium on NYC premises not Long Island and they have butted heads over this.

The Cosmos have essentially been trying to build up the organization from nothing and were fighting uphill and then this happens out of nowhere, they must be crushed.

:( damn.

Messi

Kat Dennings is the only woman that can get close to rivaling Olivia for me.

I would have dropped 2 broke girls in 3 eps if not for her. She is stunning

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Milan, here's your new coach!

Pirlo is coming towards the end of his career, but he has admitted that he could choose to remain in the game thanks to boss Antonio Conte.

&#8220;He&#8217;s surprised me on a tactical level and the way he works on a daily basis, I&#8217;ve learned a lot from him.

&#8220;I previously didn&#8217;t want to become a Coach, but I could decide to now because of what he has taught me.&#8221;

-
Lightning said:
LOL. If you say so!

To be fair, Lightning, you hate everyone. :p

Fady K

Anyone here like the Broken Sword games? I just finished the first two remakes recently and they were wonderful.

Alves, Valdes , recently Alba. Pedro used to but toned it down alot.

I love Sergio

We are almost exactly alike btw! Alves especially ticked me off, Valdes at times (he is the easiest one for antiBarca gaf to bait on) and I don't understand what Alba's problem is. He's had at least a hat trick of bad behavior in the past few months alone.

I think Busquets has improved a LOT.

I also dislike how easily Fabregas falls at times!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gazzetta: Conte has asked for 7-8 changes to the squad of which 2 must be top players.

Sometimes I feel really bad for Cunte.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

We'll get Ibra (at best) and fucking Diamanti. That's it, srsly.

This Diamanti.

Alessandro-Diamanti-Bologna.jpg

Messi

Anyone here like the Broken Sword games? I just finished the first two remakes recently and they were wonderful.

We are almost exactly alike btw! Alves especially ticked me off, Valdes at times (he is the easiest one for antiBarca gaf to bait on) and I don't understand what Alba's problem is. He's had at least a hat trick of bad behavior in the past few months alone.

I think Busquets has improved a LOT.

I also dislike how easily Fabregas falls at times!

Valdes can be a proper cunt.

Smug Xavi is best Xavi

Fady K

Gazzetta: Conte has asked for 7-8 changes to the squad of which 2 must be top players.

Sometimes I really feel bad for Cunte.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

We'll get Ibra (at best) and fucking Diamanti. That's it, really.

Still getting Llorente bro! Big buy once he gets match fit. Plus, your team has the only player who can strike even when his leg is injured for a little bit (Vidal).

The Times reporting that City want to get rid of 12 players this summer and bring in 6.

Right move. They have far too much mediocre baggage. Guessing Lescott may be one of them. Kolo Toure is expected to be another for sure. Maybe Dzeko as well?

Fady K

#Organicgrowththroughtheacademy

Out of curiosity Sal how many of the current United team are home grown? Welbeck and RVP are two of them right? Anyone else?

Let's play fantasy football. Who's going and who's coming?

Dzeko, Kolo Toure, Micah, Lescott, Sinclair, Guidetti, Wayne Bridge, Santa Cruz. That is 8 of my guesses.

Valdes can be a proper cunt.

Smug Xavi is best Xavi

Agreed.

Salazar

Right move. They have far too much mediocre baggage. Guessing Lescott may be one of them. Kolo Toure is expected to be another for sure. Maybe Dzeko as well?

Barry
Toure
Lescott
Richards
Rod:lol
Sinclair
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri
Maicon
Bridge hahahahaha
Santa Cruz hahahahahaha

Out of curiosity Sal how many of the current United team are home grown? Welbeck and RVP are two of them right? Anyone else?

ClevGOD has been at the club since he was really ickle. Evans is an academy product.

Fady K

Barry
Toure
Lescott
Richards
Rod:lol
Sinclair
Garcia
Dzeko
Nasri
Maicon
Bridge hahahahaha
Santa Cruz hahahahahaha

You mean Kolo Toure right? I reckon they'll keep rodwell for at least one more season. Same for Garcia and Maicon. Nasri has helped them recently. Not sure about Barry. I agree with the rest.

Fady - Broken Sword games are amazing. I'd love to see a collection of them on something like 3DS or Vita.

That would be beautiful. Ipad is the way to go for these games right now. The best two in the four games are available as remakes on the iPad (as well as other iOS devices, android devices and the PC) and the new one is coming out too - similar in style to the first two so it should be awesome!

Fry

How can you hate Bayern because of one scummy player when there's charismatic ones like Muller, Schweine, Sarah Brandter, Neuer, Robben

Peco

The moment you compare Milan to Bayern, you know you lost it. They never were equal, either Milan was vastly superior or Bayern was. Never saw a Bayern-Milan tie which was balanced, or seen both teams perform comparably well/bad in any European season.

We're better than Bayern when it comes to winning finals tho.

I JUST WANT DORTMUND TO WIN IT THIS YEAR, OK?!

Top Bottom