• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Feorax

From the Unusual canned foods thread:

tumblr_lqashyDOz61r01jwgo1_500.gif

Wtf America?

"Fully cooked"

Doesn't look it...

Fady K

I just started a really, really old game last night for the first time. It is quite a mysterious one: Ico.

That looks disgusting. I'd sooner forage my own food than eat that.

---

Just finished Tomb Raider on PS3!

Thoughts on Tomb Raider bro?

dc89

I just started a really, really old game last night for the first time. It is quite a mysterious one: Ico.

Thoughts on Tomb Raider bro?

ICO is one of my favourite, if not my favourite PS2 game. Such an amazing game. I love the music, really incredible music. I actually imported the OST from Japan.

Tomb Raider - pretty decent game. I think it's a successful reboot but it needs to go a little more to it's routes. Put Lara back in proper tombs packed with puzzles and stuff and divert away from the Uncharted path where you just mow down dozens of enemies.

I think games like this need to make the environment the main enemy. Make the environment feel dangerous, you're meant to be stranded on this island with no resources so make it feel that way. Make me hunt for food and stuff, make bullets really scarce so you have to think about using them. I genuinely think health packs work in this kinda instance instead of rechargeable health.

Fady K

DC - Eurosport is claiming that Man City has reportedly met with Pellegrini's agent very recently. (Edit LOL WHAT A MISTAKE).

Fady K

ICO is one of my favourite, if not my favourite PS2 game. Such an amazing game. I love the music, really incredible music. I actually imported the OST from Japan.

Tomb Raider - pretty decent game. I think it's a successful reboot but it needs to go a little more to it's routes. Put Lara back in proper tombs packed with puzzles and stuff and divert away from the Uncharted path where you just mow down dozens of enemies.

I think games like this need to make the environment the main enemy. Make the environment feel dangerous, you're meant to be stranded on this island with no resources so make it feel that way. Make me hunt for food and stuff, make bullets really scarce so you have to think about using them. I genuinely think health packs work in this kinda instance instead of rechargeable health.

Oh wow, your favorite PS2 game huh?? Now I am more excited about playing through it. I only played about a half hour yesterday. It is an experience unlike any other, crazy because I have not experienced anything like it and it came out more than a decade ago! Team "ICO" really needs to be supported more. I don't know why things are not working out as best as possible for the Last Guardian (too ambitious perhaps?) but these guys should be considered among the elite devs for Sony for their truly unique titles.

Thanks for sharing the impressions; I like your idea of having the environment become such an interactive element in a game like TR. I think that was the original idea at Crystal Dynamics before they caved in and changed everything.

Kenka

ICO is probably the best game I played last decade. And that's pretty telling because we got the likes of Silent Hill 2, Metroid Prime and The Witcher during that time.

Fady K

Damn ground breaking stuff right there. :p

He is quite a good manager eh? He would do a better job than Mancini, I expect.

Thoughts on this Ushojax?

At least you can't accuse them of not telling the truth, this sound very plausible.

Sounds plausible alright. His name is mentioned the most in the rumor mill when it comes to the next CFC manager. So if he is taken, I wonder who Chelsea will go for. Hopefully they go for some1 special.

dc89

Oh wow, your favorite PS2 game huh?? Now I am more excited about playing through it. I only played about a half hour yesterday. It is an experience unlike any other, crazy because I have not experienced anything like it and it came out more than a decade ago! Team "ICO" really needs to be supported more. I don't know why things are not working out as best as possible for the Last Guardian (too ambitious perhaps?) but these guys should be considered among the elite devs for Sony for their truly unique titles.

Thanks for sharing the impressions; I like your idea of having the environment become such an interactive element in a game like TR. I think that was the original idea at Crystal Dynamics before they caved in and changed everything.

Yeah - just listen to this music. This plays when you save the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Dn9kX9xyA

AMAZING!

ICO is probably the best game I played last decade. And that's pretty telling because we got the likes of Silent Hill 2, Metroid Prime and The Witcher during that time.

Silent Hill 2 still got the upper hand over Ico for me. But Ico was truly fantastic too. Crazy that we got those two amazing games released the same fucking day.

He is quite a good manager eh? He would do a better job than Mancini, I expect.

Thoughts on this Ushojax?

Sounds plausible alright. His name is mentioned the most in the rumor mill when it comes to the next CFC manager. So if he is taken, I wonder who Chelsea will go for. Hopefully they go for some1 special.

Read your post again lol

"DC - Eurosport is claiming that Pellegrini has reportedly met with Pellegrini's agent very recently." :p

Fady K

Wow, how did I miss this game for so long? So glad I decided to play it! I love how the game offers no tutorial whatsoever in-game. I am just exploring and experimenting on my own completely. No HUD, nothing. Hell, even the language and the areas and the character designs are just so different . Sony NEEDS to keep supporting these guys a lot better than they are now.

U have changed, sal :/

Let me Fadify this for you:

Muller - great player with lethal abilities.

Schweini is great even after coming off of a major injury from last season.

Gomez, though he misses a lot, keeps up the effort in trying to score for every minute he plays.

Neuer is one of the best keepers in the world.

Amazing Bayern

Clegg

United may have reached a partnership deal with Ajax. We could potentially loan them guys like Powell and Henriquez and they'll get some first team experience.

I can't see what Ajax gain from this though.

Played ICO last year. Amazing experience - loved how you discover the story as you play through the game. And it really made me care for Yorda :(

Combat was a bit shit though.

Man, I am awful at FF lol

K1LLER7

United may have reached a partnership deal with Ajax. We could potentially loan them guys like Powell and Henriquez and they'll get some first team experience.

I can't see what Ajax gain from this though.
Having players like Gohan and Powell in their team :p

Fady K

Damn ground breaking stuff right there. :p

At least you can't accuse them of not telling the truth, this sound very plausible.

Read your post again lol

"DC - Eurosport is claiming that Pellegrini has reportedly met with Pellegrini's agent very recently." :p

LOL!!! I just read what I typed ahahahahahahahah. I meant Man City :p

Yeah - just listen to this music. This plays when you save the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Dn9kX9xyA

AMAZING!

Oh wow. Too bad Michiru Oshima did not compose for many games. She seems wonderful!

Silent Hill 2 still got the upper hand over Ico for me. But Ico was truly fantastic too. Crazy that we got those two amazing games released the same fucking day.

Ah how I love Silent Hill 2. They came out in the same day huh? Amazing. Have you played Downpour yet btw? I am planning to start it in a month or two!

I dont like what you like.

Edit:

Fady<3 greek bros 4 lyfe

<3 Blablurn. Your team is amazing man, enjoy watching them as much as you can.

Kenka

They launched the same day ? New fact to me.

Wow, how did I miss this game for so long? So glad I decided to play it! I love how the game offers no tutorial whatsoever in-game. I am just exploring and experimenting on my own completely. No HUD, nothing. Hell, even the language and the areas and the character designs are just so different . Sony NEEDS to keep supporting these guys a lot better than they are now.
I definitely agree. I was fed up with video games by the time Shadow of the Colosseus launched so I never tried it. But I think I will give it a try.

If you are in JRPGs, I would recommend you to play Xenoblade too.

Fady K

Played ICO last year. Amazing experience - loved how you discover the story as you play through the game. And it really made me care for Yorda :(

Combat was a bit shit though.

Man, I am awful at FF lol

So I am not the only one who is extremely late to the party eh?

Here is a bombshell, I have not played Shadow of the Colossus either!!! *My next game after ICO*.

IceCold

Apparently he has a strange Portuguese accent too because he's not from the mainland.

He used to get bullied at the Sporting academy because of it :(

He really only speaks in his Madeiran accent when speaking to family. If you want to hear what it sounds like, just watch videos of his mother speaking in Portuguese.

This is really just him sucking at speaking Spanish. All he has to do is pronounce the "s" like an actual "s" and not "sh" and speak as if every vowel is accentuated. Easy.

Kaka pronunciation is better since he's from Sao Paulo. They pronounce their "s" like in Spanish.

Fady K

They launched the same day ? New fact to me.

I definitely agree. I was fed up with video games by the time Shadow of the Colosseus launched so I never tried it. But I think I will give it a try.

If you are in JRPGs, I would recommend you to play Xenoblade too.

I'll be playing Shadow of the Colossus next (missed that too) and I'll let you know what I think. People say it is a MUST play though.

Actually, Xenoblade is the RPG I want to play the most Kenka :) I love the team behind it, they made one of my favorite games ever back in the day (Xenosaga Episode III).

Top Bottom