• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Slizz

me, cunt

No game gets me excited like GTA does. I don't have time for running around in a forest trying to escape the Magic Fairy Rapist and taking my fingers out of a swan's vagina when she plays the oboe. I just wanna drive around and shoot people.

Lmao as bad as it sounds..... I'm like this too, though not HYPED X1000 for GTA5.... Gonna buy it though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BI-EayTCMAAjAk8.jpg:large

El Shaarawy is so happy for Pazzini.

Linius

me, cunt

No game gets me excited like GTA does. I don't have time for running around in a forest trying to escape the Magic Fairy Rapist and taking my fingers out of a swan's vagina when she plays the oboe. I just wanna drive around and shoot people.

Listen to this man.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
me, cunt

The shooting and the driving mechanics both suck in GTA.

I guess running around is still fine.

me, cunt

It's weird you love a game where driving around and shooting is so little fun then. :p

Lunchbox

Banned
me, cunt

dont listen to animu watching goobers with pony avatars and their japanese games

buy this, it will hold you up till GTA 5.

the opening sequence of this game has you busting out of jail on a jet, falling off through cargo door to have mid air gunfights between gangs while Power from Kanye west plays

Wenger said RVP was offered £300K+ by City just last summer.

He said no too.

Well, if you spoke to Mancini or Ferguson, which one is more likely to convince you that you'll get the silverware that he obviously craved? I don't doubt City and their intentions for winning lots of trophies over time... but Ferguson is probably a hard man to turn down, especially as hes 29 or whatever. The move made the most sense.

It's not that hard man, it gives you more football to enjoy really. I love both clubs very much for different reasons. Sometimes when one club is doing bad you may get lucky and enjoy good football by the other team in their respective matches. In the most basic manner, I fell for Chelsea after watching them with my brother a few times, and I fell for Barca due to my love for Messi.

my only problem with this sentiment is that i can't like a club who has done damage to united, and all the years i've been watching united play i think all the big clubs have beat us at some point. bayern, barca, juve, madrid and obviously no team in the same league interests me.

did you see it?!

Guys. I did a Sleepless with GoT a few months back.

I put a full blown fucking spoiler in quote tags. I was on my phone and it took a moment for me to realise. Then my arse fell out. I mashed the edit button and replaced it with a load of huteruhgiyvmkifklppewachihjvojc

I think someone saw. Imagine if all you guys saw it :(

did a sleepless, uh oh :( lol

Well, if you spoke to Mancini or Ferguson, which one is more likely to convince you that you'll get the silverware that he obviously craved? I don't doubt City and their intentions for winning lots of trophies over time... but Ferguson is probably a hard man to turn down, especially as hes 29 or whatever. The move made the most sense.
Well, quite a few players have turned us down or gone elsewhere when they could have come to United. Of course working under Ferguson is far more appealing than working for Mancini, but players still say no to him.

€20m works out to just over £300k/week. I don't find it hard to believe City would offer that to a player. Some of the oil clubs are paying that for some of their stars. City are no different to them.

Noirulus

So I just went out to the park and played some footie by myself. Curled in a killer freekick from 25-ish yards out! Twice in a row!
I'm right-footed as fuck and my shot isn't particularly fast but let's ignore that pls!

Anyway, I feel a bit refreshed. Ronaldo hattrick today and Messi 5-trick tomorrow PLES. 0 goals from both German teams of course.

edit: fuck, the lack of sleep is really starting to hit me. Gonna make me some coffee.

Meier

Wenger said RVP was offered £300K+ by City just last summer.

He said no too.
Wenger is full of shit and a miserable old, jealous coot. Even if that is true, and I don't believe it is, RVP is a proven commodity within the PL. Every other rumor suggested far less than that.

But the reality of the situation is that paying much more every year is not self-sufficient which is what the top brass have been charged with. If Mancini can't win with the highest paid team in the league, then they will try and find someone who can. Not just make it where everyone else is then owed that much more.

spidye

We met with his agent in March and nothing came of it. I'm sure they have City a chance to counter but Götze isn't Messi or Ronaldo. You don't completely decimate your wage structure for him especially when the team has been making attempts to LOWER the overall wage budget.

€12m = £10.1m or around £208k per week. City probably offered around £150-175k at most. Aguero was more accomplished and cost more upfront but his salary was in that range to start when we were spending more.

source?

dc89

Busquets is a doubt tonight.

Tito - "Busquets has a few physical issues, but we'll wait until after training to see if he can play."

jtb

Banned
Wenger is full of shit and a miserable old, jealous coot. Even if that is true, and I don't believe it is, RVP is a proven commodity within the PL. Every other rumor suggested far less than that.

But the reality of the situation is that paying much more every year is not self-sufficient which is what the top brass have been charged with. If Mancini can't win with the highest paid team in the league, then they will try and find someone who can. Not just make it where everyone else is then owed that much more.

Isn't RVP on ~225k at United? Or something similar to whatever Rooney's on, I'd assume. 300k offer (and being turned down, because it's not that much higher) from City seems relatively plausible to me.

Barça fans should hope for Uefalona tomorrow and magical Messi. You're gonna need both.

Madrid fans should stop talking about remontada, your team sucks.

Noirulus

4LTIYx6.png

Be scared Germans.

5 goals from Messi and 2 from Villa tomorrow. It's happening, bitches.

Not only do I fucking hate Barca, but in Barca I hate those two strikers the most. But you know what? Fuck it, it's full on #REMONTADA TIME NAO. THERE'S NO STOPPING MADRID AND BARCELONA. Espíritu de Juanito WILL UNITE SPAIN AND CUNTALUNYA

2 goals from Muller because him and Reus are my german man crushes.

DISCLAIMER: THE AFOREMENTIONED BARCA - BAYERN RESULT WILL ONLY HAPPEN IF MADRID QUALIFIES TODAY

Meier

€20m works out to just over £300k/week. I don't find it hard to believe City would offer that to a player. Some of the oil clubs are paying that for some of their stars. City are no different to them.

€20m = £16.95m = £1.413m per month or roughly £353k/week.

Isn't RVP on ~225k at United? Or something similar to whatever Rooney's on, I'd assume. 300k offer (and being turned down, because it's not that much higher) from City seems relatively plausible to me.

He's on anywhere from £225-250k at United depending who you believe. It's definitely possible that City offered £300k but the only paper to report that was The Independent after Wenger had an interview with them during the season. You could argue he'd be worth it since he won the title, but is 1 title worth making all of your future top stars worth that much more? I don't think so. And I'm sure that the new brass don't think so either.

Well, as you've noticed.. some of the top players aren't choosing us and that's probably because the team isn't willing to go much higher than the £200k we've essentially set as the ceiling. The Cavani thing seems feasible (roughly £250k) but I'd still bet it'd be a lower base that was heavily incentivized. Either way though, £250k and £350k are worlds apart. There is 0% chance we offered Gotze £350k a week.

The Kaka thing was years ago and isn't at all relevant to this conversation or really any going forward. It's easy to forget it because it didn't happen (thankfully). At the time, FFP wasn't a thing and City were building. Now it's been built and they're trying to improve rather than start over.

20 million euros a season would work out at ~£325,000 weekly salary. I'm not saying that City made this offer. But you can't say City would never offer that. You talked about incentives, and IIRC Yaya Toure is on a lower salary than before but with the potential to earn more through performance targets. I don't know how likely it is that City made the offer Bild quoted to Gotze, but I don't think City would ever make Gotze an offer of that amount that wasn't made up of the similar bonuses.

And Kaka is relevant because it showed you were willing to pay an unprecedented amount of money for one of the world's best players. I don't see any reason why this would have changed. This is an in-demand player with the potential to reach that level, and the initial outlay would have been considerably less.

Meier

And Kaka is relevant because it showed you were willing to pay an unprecedented amount of money for one of the world's best players. I don't see any reason why this would have changed. This is an in-demand player with the potential to reach that level, and the initial outlay would have been considerably less.

City can feasibly pay that much but can't realistically pay that much now. I know there will be ways around FFP in theory, but they're taking it seriously. Kaka's possible transfer was at a time when it was a non-issue and they wanted a superstar. It isn't a relevant figure in 2013.

Divide £16.95 by 52 (52 weeks in a year) and its roughly £325k/week. I don't think thats totally implausible for city to offer. Unrealistic, but not implausible

Yep, you and GB nailed it as I was really doing it by 48 rather than 52. A notable amount more than £300k though.

Meier

Guys

The match starts in 3.75 hours

I think it's possible Madrid could do it, but unlikely. I think they'll win but it'll be 3-2 or something along those lines. Maybe 3-1.

Barca have no chance at all. In the end, it was good for Bayern that they lost to Arsenal. They won't fall into the same trap again -- not to mention their cushion is more significant this time around. I can't see Barca keeping them scoreless and there's no way Bayern give up 6 goals in turn.

Noirulus

Mr. Mourinho hinted yesterday that he'll field a surprising lineup today. Whether it's BS to discompose Mr. Klopp I do not know, but I do wonder what he'll show us today if he's got some sort of trick up his sleeve.

------------------Lopez------------------

Arbeloa-----Ramos----Varane-----Coentrao

--------Khedira---Xabi----Modric--------

-------Higuain---Ozil----Ronaldo---------

Ozil false 9? lol idfk fml lol

or maybe he discovered the secret to space-time replication and cloned 11 CR7s omg omg omg

City can feasibly pay that much but can't realistically pay that much now. I know there will be ways around FFP in theory, but they're taking it seriously.

I'm sure they are. Remember you remove the large amounts Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure and Roque Santa-Cruz were earning from the wage bill next season. You could also sell players like Maicon and Sinclair without really weakening the squad.

Top Bottom