• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

arkon

That might actually be the best thing to happen for Arsenal for a while. Now Wenger can't put him in the starting lineup

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
That might actually be the best thing to happen for Arsenal for a while. Now Wenger can't put him in the starting lineup

Podolski can't play more than 20 minutes though.

Walcott up front.

Ushojax

Wow, I didn't think Cazorla was out there.

Still, at this stage of the season performances don't matter. Get the points.

Suen

Just fucking wow. This fucking team, I'll gladly take these 3 points but we can't be playing like this, ever. We're shit.

Plasma

Banned
Very very lucky to get the three points in the end, don't think losing Giroud will be that big for us considering how poor his been in the last few matches. Still it highlights again that we really needed another striker in January.

Lightning

Banned
Are they? Walcott hasn't scored for months and months and is not a striker.

We may end up seeing Gervinho up front.
As normal, you're grasping at straws. Enjoy your loss to City tomorrow when Lennon or Bale injure themselves again.

Very very lucky to get the three points in the end, don't think losing Giroud will be that big for us considering how poor his been in the last few matches. Still it highlights again that we really needed another striker in January.
No decent strikers were available in January.

Lightning

Banned
We bought one. He isn't great, but he was available :p
No thank you. When we buy a striker we want a quality one, not a quantity one. Had be brought him then Wenger would play the numbers game again and not get us the quality up front that today again showed we're missing.

Don't be like that!

It shouldn't exactly be a surprising opinion that a 3 match ban for your 1st choice striker is a negative for you.
Yes, 1st choice striker who is woefully out of form, low on confidence and blowing our best chances to score. If it was Arteta or Cazorla who got the red card it would be a massive blow but Giroud is not that much of a loss when you take into account his form for a while now.

Suen

Even Higuain is better than Gervinho and Giroud combined, fucking unbelievable. Madrid game about to start, should be good.

Ushojax

He can run really fast. He'll be perfect.

Nah, he was gash up front in almost every game against a decent back 4. There is a reason Wenger stopped doing that. Giroud is Arsenal's main striker and one of their highest scorers.

Wenger will have to change a winning team which is always dangerous. Arsenal still have quality so I expect it won't affect them too much, but their striking options aren't ideal.

arkon

Wonderful results. Charlton with a winner in extra time vs Wolves. Derby beating Peterborough. I'd have preferred a Barnsley defeat but any dropped points for them is good news indeed.

Suen

Oh right. Only your 2nd top scorer let's just forget about him.

RVP scoring the title winning goal at the Emirates is gonna be glorious.
2nd top scorer, mentioning that by itself makes him look better than what he is. He wasted many chances and he's slow. Taking his horrible attacking and finishing into consideration makes him much less important. He's shit, period.

arkon

Nah, he was gash up front in almost every game against a decent back 4. There is a reason Wenger stopped doing that. Giroud is Arsenal's main striker and one of their highest scorers.

Wenger will have to change a winning team which is always dangerous. Arsenal still have quality so I expect it won't affect them too much, but their striking options aren't ideal.

Just looking at the ESPN stats for the league he's up there level with Walcott and just behind Cazorla.

Blablurn

current season

kM52VpH.png

dortmunds "record" season last year

nPEM32Z.png

Lightning

Banned
Oh right. Only your 2nd top scorer let's just forget about him.

RVP scoring the title winning goal at the Emirates is gonna be glorious.
Given how we play he should be top scorer by a mile if he was half decent. He gets the best chances almost every game.

And I couldn't give a shit about what United do. I'm only concerned about us.

Even Higuain is better than Gervinho and Giroud combined, fucking unbelievable. Madrid game about to start, should be good.

What do you mean even Higuain? He's been quality for Madrid, but has been lackluster the past 2 seasons. He's a great striker. The problem is that Real Madrid want the best of the best and his form doesn't coincide with the caliber of players Real Madrid have elsewhere. Most teams would be happy to have Higuian.

Ushojax

Wigan are going down aren't they. That lazy performance against QPR is going to get them relegated.

Top Bottom